“dont stay there” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hounslow B&B and Inns
south west
“dont stay there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

When we pulled up to this place it was dark so didnt look to bad, god how wrong we were! The carpet on the stairs didnt fit or match, the room was awful, very old and grubby. Thank god we didnt spend much time there as we were off to Twickenham for the rugby. There was no hot water and we had cold showers! No one seemed to care there and they had all sorts of people just wandering around and playing loud music. The breakfast was cooked and reheated and bloody terrible, and the breakfast room had a broken razor head just left on the side. Outside the back they are building what can only be described as a shanty town, it was a mess. The front had a car with no wheels and rubbish every where. Dont stay there it is awful!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — all of it
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Scunthorpe, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

We didn't actually stay. I booked the hotel as we were flying off to Australia and the hotel offered the 17 nights parking that we required. We arrived (wife & me)at 3.30pm after a long drive down from Lincolnshire, pulled up in the car park, to what can only be described as a DISASTER. One look at the place and niether of us wanted to go in, however as they had my card details for payment I felt we had to at least look. The entance was locked and eventualy someone answered the door. The reception area looked as though it had been put together by someone of Rogue Traders. The lady took us up some rickety unsafe stairs, opened the door to our 'En Suite' room and the look on my wifes face, I will never forget. It just shouted GET ME OUT. She asked where we would park our car for the 18 nightswhile we were away, and was told that it would be OK where it was,(about 3' from the open road side) next to a rusty old thing with no wheels. I was polite and told the owner that we were sorry the hotel did not meet with our expectations and would not be staying, wiped our feet on the way out and left. It was probably one of the worst experiences in our life, but I suppose as they say 'you get what you pay for. I pesonally wouldn't have paid £10.00 per night between us, you would not have kept a dog in this place. Please take my advise, 'Give this place a wide berth' pay mor and go to the Travel Lodge or the IBIS down the road. My wife still has nightmares about just walkinging into this place. On a positive note, no money was taken off my credit card.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — arriving
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

I've stayed at some rough places in my time over the years, but this has to go down as one of the worst. Our visit was purely a stop-over while we attended a concert at Twickenham Stadium, and everywhere else was full. I can see now why they still had space! We had booked two rooms. Both were disgustingly dirty. A thick layer of dust covered the bedside tables, the table lamp was full of cobwebs, there were sticky grains of wet coffee all over the floor and the bathroom looked like it hadn't seen a tin of paint since the place was built. (It's a Victorian house!) The staff, while friendly enough, did not seem at all bothered by the state of the place and kept me awake watching a very loud TV in the lounge until gone midnight, not to mention the near fight between two female guests right outside my bedroom window! After eventually getting some sleep (after making sure there was nothing unsavoury under the sheets with me) I woke to find that there was no hot water and ended up having to use my mate's sink for a wash in his room instead! Needless to say we were a little cautious about what offerings might be on the table for breakfast, but surprisingly it was OK and the breakfast room was probably the cleanest in the house. When we left, there was not so much as an offer of any discount considering the lack of hot water. Clearly they were very happy to take our £50 a night each and see us run the next morning! My mate said that even the rats wore boilersuits, but I have to take his word for that as I didn't see any myself. Perhaps by then they had all moved to the nicer looking guest house 2 doors down!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arriving
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Firs Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!