“rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hounslow B&B and Inns
London
“rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hotel itself was under renovations, the area was fool of cover dirt and cloth to cover the dirt. the rooms, no phone, no ready lights, very small room and clattered. it was cold and heater was not working. bathroom, shower only no tub, water spills on the floor while showering, there is no place to put soap when showeing. the shower spray not in place. they say they serve breakfast, but it was only conflakes and milk. at the checking they did not even know that i had a booking, it took them a while to find me in their booking list.
I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THAT PLACE TO ANYONE.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

room very small, but great to have free telivision and internet, friendly and helpful staff, great location close to Heathrow and public transport

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dorfmark, Niedersachsen, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Staff were polite and helpful. However, the property is very run down, there was a dirty towel left in the wardrobe, that was dirty falling apart and had one coat hanger, the mirror was behind this. The shower was totally ineffective, and either scaled or was cold. There was no shelve in the bathroom, no towel rail and you need the door open to be able to dry yourself after a shower. There were thousands of cigarette ends on the roof outside the bedroom window. The fridge handle was missing. Room 17 opens into the breakfast room, where 4 tables are squashed in, so you have to reach over someone to get to the cereal and orange juice. During our stay there was no window in the hall, there was some sort of alterations happening and each time we used the stairs there was more paint on the carpet. Odd bedside cabinets, one with a saw mark and cigarette burn, fronts falling off the draw. The decorative pillows valance sheets and bed throws were stained. Clean sheets though. Out side the rear of the property there was a huge pile of towels on the floor open to the elements, next to an type of pond. The TV had a intermittent fault. Basically we were waiting Manuel to appear! we were robbed of our money with this accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Very good location, average prices
Full English breakfast was very good and staff was very good

• Stayed March 2012
Fordingbridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

despite booking in January we arrived yesterday to be told we had been booked at another B&B three miles down the road!! No telephone call before hand to tell us this, so that we could book other accommodation of our choice!! Very "grateful" that they moved us to another B&B of the same quality as this one - "AWFUL"!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I booked this twice first time for a week while working in area and again for the night the following week .... First week had an ok more out the back of hotel but poor ensuite. We worked nights and sleep in the day and to be honest was very noisy hotel . The planes abOve were not problem it was the staff.
Booked again following week for one day as no we're else available in working budget and this was worse. 3 rooms we had booked and all three rooms were by building works the hotel were doing. Drilling hammering all day. I complained straight away in which I was told it would stop it never. All in all our whole party had about 2 hours sleep. When I spoke to the manager I asked y he booked us in knowing building work happening and he had no response. When I asked why he never told us about works he had no answer. No sorry no refund no customer service .

Breakfast is awful do not eat the sausage it not cooked.

Lad serving breakfast can't speak or understand English u ask for brown sauce you get a knife and fork .

• Stayed April 2012
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I reserved a room several days in advance of my arrival, and called the morning of the day of my arrival to reconfirm, however, on my arrival at 4.30pm I was informed that the hotel was full and I would have to take a taxi to a different hotel which the receptionist had arranged. This other hotel did not have easy access to the Underground which is why I booked The Firs Lodge in the first place and would require another cab ride in the morning.
I work in the travel industry and spend half my life in hotels so I'm used to finding my way around, but I would NEVER book in West Hounslow again, very rough, dirty and unattractive.
Definately not a place for a woman on her own!!
I ended up finding my own hotel - I walked about a mile to Hounslow Central (much better area) and stayed at the Days hotel which was very clean and comfortable and MUCH closer to the Underground!! I will give the Days Hotel and excellent review and the price was slightly less.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Firs Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!