“Ok place but customer service was awful” 2 of 5 stars

You added Firs Lodge Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Firs Lodge Bed & Breakfast
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   289 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3DB, England   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hounslow B&B and Inns
“Ok place but customer service was awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

I booked this twice first time for a week while working in area and again for the night the following week .... First week had an ok more out the back of hotel but poor ensuite. We worked nights and sleep in the day and to be honest was very noisy hotel . The planes abOve were not problem it was the staff.
Booked again following week for one day as no we're else available in working budget and this was worse. 3 rooms we had booked and all three rooms were by building works the hotel were doing. Drilling hammering all day. I complained straight away in which I was told it would stop it never. All in all our whole party had about 2 hours sleep. When I spoke to the manager I asked y he booked us in knowing building work happening and he had no response. When I asked why he never told us about works he had no answer. No sorry no refund no customer service .

Breakfast is awful do not eat the sausage it not cooked.

Lad serving breakfast can't speak or understand English u ask for brown sauce you get a knife and fork .

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I reserved a room several days in advance of my arrival, and called the morning of the day of my arrival to reconfirm, however, on my arrival at 4.30pm I was informed that the hotel was full and I would have to take a taxi to a different hotel which the receptionist had arranged. This other hotel did not have easy access to the Underground which is why I booked The Firs Lodge in the first place and would require another cab ride in the morning.
I work in the travel industry and spend half my life in hotels so I'm used to finding my way around, but I would NEVER book in West Hounslow again, very rough, dirty and unattractive.
Definately not a place for a woman on her own!!
I ended up finding my own hotel - I walked about a mile to Hounslow Central (much better area) and stayed at the Days hotel which was very clean and comfortable and MUCH closer to the Underground!! I will give the Days Hotel and excellent review and the price was slightly less.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

room 17 needs up dating
bathroom or so called bathroom facilties were very dissapointing caution on the verge of disgusting no bath a room with toilet and shower very close to one another .When toilet was flushed water sprang up shower plug hole!!!
Wardrobe was unstable!!
Door opened straight into dinning room giving dinners a very indepth view of our room not very nice!!!!
Freinds arrived day later their room was more superior and clean!!!
On a positive side location very good for visiting City by tube and parking was very good too!!! bed was ok with a new mattress!!
Overall room 17 needs updating!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

cheshire, uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

the hotel is really easy to find, nice to look at outside with free arking and a 2 minute walk to the tube... however.... it says 24 hour check in available which it s not... we arrived at 11 am to be sent away again due to check in being at 1pm, we were shown to a room which was a door directly off the dining room, it was clean and tidy, but bulbs in lamps were broken so no reading in bed... the sink was not in the bathroom but in the bedroom... 4 plugs and 2 plug holes for tv, fridge, hairdryer, two bedside lamps etc... when I opened the double wardrobe doors the wardrobe fell on me... the tv remoe could not be used as it had no back to hold the batteries in...
The linen was immaculate in the bed, but evidence of previous guests on the mattress, walls and in cupboards, and even a half empty leaking bottle of milk left in the fridge... the bathroom had a loo and you had to clamber over the loo to get to the shower... the shower plug hole spewedout watwer when the loo was flushed so we refrained from having a shower. The room was tidy and spacious but noisy due to the family that owned the hotel mooching around in the dining room which was directly behind our bedroom door... we had to stand in the dining room to enter our room.
When we awoke in the morning it was to a sound of dripping...we thoughtnthe radiator may have been heating up.. but found out it was a leak through our ceiling from the room upstairs dripping onto our floor.... we had breakfast comprising of 1 slice bacon 1 egg and two sausages... tea and coffee and toast was also served... upon talking to the hotel owner about the leak he said the maintenance man was due and he would mention it, no question of where in the room it was how bad it was or had we suffered, or was anything damaged, but "it never happened before" which is a lie because one of the reviews given last year said they had a leak... no discount was offered and so we left very quickly.. the owners very very polite and friendly but we wouldnt stay there again..

Room Tip: choose a good room .... stay elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Wonderful location near to tube station and airport,very helpfull staff, clean and nice room, lovely breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This is a good outfit,quiet,clean and the staff are warm and friendly.

Room Tip: The internet service at the ground does not work except one has to come to the reception area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Room was clean, location was very good very near to hounslow west tube station and heathrow airport. Full English breakfast was very good
Value of money