“Dr. Davao Dave” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 188 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Indian
“Dr. Davao Dave”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Even though I am living in hounslow west I never went there because the lay out and environment in that restaurant never attracted me.
This time went because my daughter heard from her school friend so she also wanted to go so she can show off next day.. So here we are landed in this mess....
Poor sitting arrangement.. Table and chairs were clean , may be we went very early around 19:00 but we have to Hold our breath while sitting ..,smelly

2. Poor punjabi dishes mainly.. Never order kachori or samosa, raj kachori, gol gappas.., kind of dishes... Poor preparation and even if you complaint they won't respond.. Answer we got sir you are taking too long to eat this so it's cold now and you can't eat this... See other people are eating and it's fine,,,,
3. Rest of the food preparation is acceptable ... Like panner tikka good but served like gold biscuits (very small amount). Chinese .. Man chorion are good but Hakka noodles are actually phillipino noodle so it's fake noodles ... But good quantity and one set cost you £8. I won't comment on price because everyone have there own potential ...and you can see the rates online before you go.
But overall bad experience and will nevertheless recommend ,,,there are many restaurants on this road .. Please use ur money and satisfy your mind and tummy somewhere else.
Delhiwala ..very good option.. Good space , good friendly staff, excellent preparation and follow up ... But bit far from this Main Street .. 5 minutes walk to great west road..
Kabbabish original ..excellent preparation and friendly preparation.
Delhi spice .. Ok preparation but at least decent staff..

Good luck with you next food adventure... Hope you learn from my this experience .. Please share Urs if you find any other good restaurant nearby..

• 2 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely vegetarian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Me and my family usually get take away from here. The Pav Bhaji is gorgeous and we also like the chilli chips. My colleague travels 30 miles to eat gobi paratha from here and he is originally from India. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting authentic Indian veggie cuisine.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colnbrook
“A plethora of vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an interesting restaurant, located opposite and across the road from Hounslow West Underground station. The menu is entirely vegetarian and it is actually very good.
There is a decent amount of seating and on a typical night the atmosphere has the clatter of cutlery and conversation, there are also a few flat screen televisions showing Bollywood music videos.When presented with the menu i was taken aback by the sheer number of dishes, incidentally the restaurant also does a handful of Chinese dishes as (these are fairly good, they're an Indian take on Chinese).
I've been here a few times, sometimes for a full blown meal, other times to snack and I have no complaints.
The food is well made, not too oily and relatively cheap. There is also a counter where Indian sweets are available, both to eat as part of the meal, or to take away.
All in all - a good restaurant with good food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I am white British born and bred and was talked into going here by my Indian friends in the office. The food is proper traditional Indian food and tastes amazing!! Also the restaurant was full of Indian people, what more of a seal of approval do you need!

I have to confess without my good Hindi speaking friends I would have struggled to read the menu but I am sure the waiters would be happy to help you!

I am a meat eater through and through, this is a vegi restaurant, don't let that put you off, the food is exquisite to eat and you don't miss the meat at all!

We loaded our table between 9 of us and had a couple of non-alcoholic drinks each and the bill with tip was £9 per head!! Outstanding value vs quality!

The ambiance is a little basic, plastic table clothes and a bit rough around the edges, also it's pay and display parking outside the venue but believe me the food will make up for it big time!

I highly recommend you go there and sample the delights they have to offer, you will not be disappointed!!

Enjoy....