“A plethora of vegetarian food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 112 Restaurants in Hounslow
Cuisines: Indian
Colnbrook
“A plethora of vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an interesting restaurant, located opposite and across the road from Hounslow West Underground station. The menu is entirely vegetarian and it is actually very good.
There is a decent amount of seating and on a typical night the atmosphere has the clatter of cutlery and conversation, there are also a few flat screen televisions showing Bollywood music videos.When presented with the menu i was taken aback by the sheer number of dishes, incidentally the restaurant also does a handful of Chinese dishes as (these are fairly good, they're an Indian take on Chinese).
I've been here a few times, sometimes for a full blown meal, other times to snack and I have no complaints.
The food is well made, not too oily and relatively cheap. There is also a counter where Indian sweets are available, both to eat as part of the meal, or to take away.
All in all - a good restaurant with good food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fleet, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I am white British born and bred and was talked into going here by my Indian friends in the office. The food is proper traditional Indian food and tastes amazing!! Also the restaurant was full of Indian people, what more of a seal of approval do you need!

I have to confess without my good Hindi speaking friends I would have struggled to read the menu but I am sure the waiters would be happy to help you!

I am a meat eater through and through, this is a vegi restaurant, don't let that put you off, the food is exquisite to eat and you don't miss the meat at all!

We loaded our table between 9 of us and had a couple of non-alcoholic drinks each and the bill with tip was £9 per head!! Outstanding value vs quality!

The ambiance is a little basic, plastic table clothes and a bit rough around the edges, also it's pay and display parking outside the venue but believe me the food will make up for it big time!

I highly recommend you go there and sample the delights they have to offer, you will not be disappointed!!

Enjoy....