“if you can get it cheap, okay but it is noisy...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Galway, Ireland
“if you can get it cheap, okay but it is noisy...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

If you are able to secure a very good rate for this hotel, then it is an okay place to stay. It is very convenient and do note that if you are Leaving from or arriving at Terminal 5, this is quite handy (about the 3 stop going from the terminal and as this is the final pick up stop going back, it is direct to 5; also closer to others). But here are 2 big problems. The comments about long check in lines are correct. I arrived at 11p.n. and there were only 2 people on, one of whom was dealing with a customer with lots of queries and it wasn't until 15 or so minutes later, more agents came out. Also the person who did check me in was disinterested at best. Not the usual happy greeting that you get from Premier Inns. Two, my room was NOISY. they put me in a ground floor room and I could hear everything from upstairs. I think noise was a factor with other customers as well. I did not have the time to test out the guaranteed sleep thing but wrote a note after. They also put me in a disabled room, which was not great. However, putting the disabled room aside, the rooms were okay but not as comfortable as I am use to with Premier Inn. Again, if you can get a deal, this is okay but if not, i would book early and go elsewhere...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
HeathrowBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Premier Inn. Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by the level of service extended to you on this occasion.
I apologise for the noise disturbance you experienced during the early hours of the morning. I can confirm that your comments have been fed back to the team members whose responsibility it is to monitor and as much as reasonably possible, prevent such internal noise incidents
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves in exceeding guests’ expectations at every opportunity and I am really sorry that we failed to do so during your recent visit.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to comment, although I regret that it was necessary for you to do so.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Massive, soulless, modern efficient. No food within walking distance as far as we could tell, so you are stuck with the mediocre restaurant. Only negative was that the wakeup call system on telephone didn't work (after the fact the staff told us to use TV instead). Also--keep in mind that the airport shuttle (the "Hoppa" is not free)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
HeathrowBathRoad, Manager at Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay along with the feedback around the alarm system. I will investigate why this facility did not work in your room.
I hope this did not deter from the enjoyment of your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

I was flying to Frankfurt from Mumbai via London on BA. My flight into LHR got delayed and so I missed my connection. The airline gave me a nights stay at the Premier Inn, Heathrow. You can get there only by Hotel Hoppa. BA gave me tickets for the same or else its 4 GBP each way. The hotel was quite far from T5. It took almost 20-25 minutes to get there. And yet it is called a Heathrow airport hotel.

From outside the hotel looks a bit nice with a glass atrium. I went to the reception and they gave me my room keys. My room was on the 2nd floor. The hotel is quite huge with a square shape. So depending on where your room is, it could be a short or a long walk to the elevators as they only have 1 set of elevators.

Finally got into my room and it was one of the most basic rooms I had ever seen. Talk about low cost rooms. I think this hotel is version of low cost airlines in hotel. You get a bed and a bathroom, nothing much else. It was very sparse. Days Inn is much better than this one, and that is saying something.

I also had a meal voucher so I went to the restaurant. Ordered a pizza, which came after half an hour and boy was it terrible. So I skipped dinner and went to bed. Got up early and ran to the airport. The business class lounge was a lot more comfortable than this hotel room.

If i get stranded at London again I will either push for a room at a better hotel by BA or would rather pay than stay at this one ever again. Avoid at all costs unless you are only looking for a room for a night.

Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed here for one night when we had an early flight at Heathrown the following morning. We got checked in with no problem. Our room was fantastic! it was like a suite with a bedroom and a living area, both with flat screen TV's mounted on the walls. The Living area had sofa,2 chairs and a table - it was luxury for the £50 we paid!
Our room overlooked the landing runway of the airport so the view was great but it certainly didnt make the room noisey as once the windows were shut you couldnt hear a thing. Comfy and large bed and a very decent size bathroom ( ours had a shower only )Everything was perfectly clean and wouldnt consider going anywhere else if we had to stay overnight before a flight again.
Also downstairs there is a restuarant ( we didnt visit, we opted to go and get a Dominoes pizza in! ) and a 24 hr Costa Coffee Shop

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Premier Inn. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed on the way to and when we came back from South Africe the hotel was wonderfully clean, beds soooo comfy i wanted to take it home, reasturant clean, friendly and lovely food, all staff very helpful and polite. Definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Booked a park and Fly package which included the room for 1 night and 8 days parking. This worked out at cheaper than just parking at Heathrow!
Check in was smooth, the room was spotless and the staff were friendly and helpful with details of the hoppa bus (£4 e/w) to the airport. This was also quick and easy.
Ate at the restaurant- This was fine. There was also a bar and costa coffee and a childrens indoor play area.
I even loved the fact it backed onto the airport so you could sit out with a drink and watch the planes-(although we heard no plane noise in our room)
Couldnt fault it and would definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

i know it was cheap but it is one place i would'nt stay again.i found service very poor and staff not very helpfull.room had some tares in black out curtains a noise that didnt stop all night and 2 towls in bathroom.my advice dont go pay the few bob extra and get the service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Heathrow Airport (Bath Road)Heathrow Airport (Bath Road)Premier Inn. Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by the level of service extended to you on this occasion.

Been to Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road? Share your experiences!