“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Donegal
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

I have just returned from a two-night stay in this hotel with my five-year-old son and I can't praise it highly enough. Our arrival at the hotel was welcomed by the reception staff and check in was quick. We found our room on the second floor no problem and the room was more than adequate -two double beds and a clean bathroom/shower. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were well-cooled with the air conditioning. We ventured down to the lobby where a kids play area, complete with kids tv station was available and where my son spent his time playingj for the next few hours whilst I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee.

The restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive and we found the food to be nice. I ate from the ala carte menu whilst my son enjoyed the all you can eat kids buffet. The restaurant was very busy but the staff were able to handle their stations well and there were no delays in serving the courses.

Breakfast was fab too. Buffet style again and plenty to choose from.

We booked this hotel through the Legoland website as it offerred the best deal. The only thing I can say against this hotel and it's not the hotel's fault, is the public transport to legoland or windsor. I had checked out the service online before we left and it would appear that you would have to change buses twice before arriving at legoland and it would take around two hours for a 15-mile trip. I booked a taxi which cost £23 each way. So anyone booking this hotel through the Legoland website should be aware of the difficulty in getting to Legoland by means of public transport. Next time, we will hire a car.

All in all, we were very happy with the hotel and we will definately stay again when returning.

• Liked — Children's facilities
  • Disliked — Poor public transport service to Legoland - not the hotel's fault admittedly
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

This is a pretty good deal compared to the price of some of the other hotels at Heathrow. OK so it's not the Four Seasons, but for somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep and shower it's fine. I've stayed at some of the other hotels at Heathrow but the Premier Inn would be my first choice for the price as London is so expensive. Our room was quiet even though the hotel is very close to the runway and we found the staff pleasant and polite. The Hotel Hoppa bus is overpriced, if you don't mind the walk to the central bus station catch the London Transport 111 bus for half the price, it stops right outside the Premier Inn.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — Not much else in the area
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
irvine, california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

If you can get past the noisy children running amok in the football-field sized lobby, this isn't a bad hotel for a one-night stay near Heathrow. The room was quiet, well-furnished, and modern. There was a choice of 3 places to eat in the lobby--formal restaurant, quick foods, and a sandwich/coffee stand. The hotel messed up my last name and couldn't find my reservation, so I fortunately had my Expedia prepaid confirmation with me. I booked twin beds for my daughter and myself, but ended up with a double and a fold-out sofa. Prices in London are ridiculous for Americans - this "bargain" hotel was still not cheap, and the food was equally as expensive. The airport bus did not run early enough for our flight, so we ended up taking a taxi for 11 pounds (taxis seem to cost one pound per minute in London!).

• Liked — Convenience to Heathrow
  • Disliked — Noisy children running up and down in the lobby
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

Check-in was flawless, but the first room we were given had broken airconditioning. Likely it had been broken awhile, as there was a fan in the room. Back to the desk, where new room with functioning air was assigned, but at farthest end of the floor from first room. Dinner servers very nice, but weren't well-trained or efficient. Food was acceptable, wine very very overpriced. A $5 retail bottle of wine shouldn't cost $24 in their restaurant. Breakfast was overcooked. Premier Inn was ok for one night, but we won't stay there again.

• Liked — spacious room near Heathrow at a low price
  • Disliked — mediocre food, overpriced wine
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

After over 8 hours of travelling I checked into the hotel with my wife and two young kids. All we wanted to do was to go to our rooms and rest.

There are 2 sets of lifts which take one to different parts of the hotel. We were not advised which set of lifts to take so when we arrived on our designated floor we could not find our room - because it was on the other side of the hotel.

I called down to reception from the service phone near the lifts and was advised to wonder around till I found the room! After a frustrating search carrying baggage and making two tired children walk the corridors I went back to reception to ask one of the reception staff to take me to the room since I still could not find it. I was simply redirected to the lift and left to find the room on my own.

At this point I asked to speak to the manager. She refused to speak to me privately so I had to discuss my problems in the open reception area.

When I advised the manager of her staff's attitude and the poor signage she refused to accept her staff had been at fault and told me that the hotel had been open 5 years and other guests had not struggled to find their rooms, implying that I was somehow inept.

With such poor customer service and appalling attitude of the manager I advise you NOT to use this hotel.

• Liked — Rooms were clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Poor customer service and staff attitude
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

To make our flight out of Heathrow, my husband, teenager, and I picked this Premier Inn. It is convenient to the airport with the Bus 6 for Terminals 1, 2, and 3. Late at night you will need to take a taxi from Heathrow. The check-in was quick ,and the clerk friendly. Our room was clean and quiet, and the accomodations a lot like the US Hampton Inn chain. For a quick overnight stay close to the airport, I would recommend this hotel for a family.

• Liked — proximity to Heathrow
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

Conveniet location if you are either arriving or flying out from Heathrow. It's basic, clean and has all the amenties. There is a pub (where you can order sandwiches), a resturant, internet access and a modern clean room. Well worth the money for an early moring departure from Heathrow back to the United States. Some folks previously complained about the prices, hey get over it I only get 50 cents/pence on my dollar. You are paying for the convenience and location. The hotel was very good and I would recommend. Nothing bad to say. Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and they even gave me my wake up call as requested. Great hotel if you are arriving or leaving.

• Liked — Location to Heathrow
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road? Share your experiences!