“Let Down By Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Let Down By Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

It really is the UK flagship of the Premier Inn chain. I do give hotels a chance to correct things. So this review was done on my second visit not the first.
Everything about the look of the hotel is very good indeed the staff are very friendly the hotel is very spacious as the lobby walk through has high ceiling and space where you can feel you can breath.

Check in went good but it can be a little confusing for say someone who is visiting for the first time or someone elderly. There are desks but they don't appear to be check in desks and the staff just appear from somewhere else when they see you waiting. They are courteous but there did at times at this hotel seem to be a lack on the part of the staff of understanding English. This can cause problems from time to time especially at check in when the lady asked if I wanted a Receipt emailed to my emai address. I made it clear that I did but no email arrived. I approached another member of staff later and this time the second email arrived but to this day no arrival of the first one. Problem here is that a simple apology would have made the difference but no apology was received.
There is a mini Costa there and after a long journey that helps. The restaurant was very good with the meal of fish top quality. Again the staff go out of their way to be helpful here.
The bar area was also very good but the drinks albeit a bit on the pricey side and the staff behind the bar unfortunately do seem to only interested in your money and not so much on service.

The room was very very clean with modern TV but be warned there is no bath. In fairness to the hotel this is made clear when booking. Just a shower and a very good shower it was but I feel the hotel should provide some rooms with baths especially for people that cannot use a shower.

The downside is breakfast. I watched and observed very clearly people who arrived after being shown to their table they were left without any explanation as to what's what. People had trouble trying to find hot water. There is no filter coffee just a machine that dispenses Americano and Cappachino's. Now not many people like this type of coffee for breakfast do they? The cooked breakfast the first time I stayed there was average. The bacon was off a poor quality on both occasions. Now eggs, again I watched how people reacted because the eggs were very very runny and I could go as far as to say that the eggs were hardly cooked the white of the eggs were very clear and not cooked at all. I heard several ladies who were in a group in front of me say avoid the eggs they look raw. With that I requested a young lady from behind the counter to provide some eggs that were cooked properly. I had to state this several times because she could not understand what I was saying. Eventually she said she would get the Chef to do some. I waited yes I timed them 12 minutes before a tray of eggs arrived and yes you guessed it they were exactly the same as before. When questioned the same young lady she was short and walked away.

Don't get me wrong but the hotel is very good but it was let down by some hotel staff struggling with the English language. This is the hotels fault for not making sure this was not the case. In service industry it is essential to understand what the guest wants. It was let down by bar staff just interested in the money rather than looking to provide customer service.

The breakfast all I can say before I left for the United States was not much of it was eaten. The breakfast had not improved at all since my previous visit.

If these are corrected on my next visit I will up my rating but time will tell.

Room Tip: Book in well in advance over the Internet for a better price? Bring your own breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dolly A, Manager at Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Heathrow (Bath Road).
I am pleased to hear that you found your stay clean and comfortable with friendly staff.
Just to let you know we do offer accommodation that has bath facilities as well as a shower, however, this may have been the specific type of room available at your time of booking.
With regards to your negative feedback, I am disappointed to hear your feedback. Your feedback has been noted and passed on to the relevant departments in order for further training to be given where necessary.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and you seeing improvements- for the best rates and the quickest way to book please visit our website.
Kerry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
qld
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The Premier definately does its job. It is pretty clean,comfortable, staff seem efficient. The title of this review refers to the face that i have now been here 2 days rather than the 18 hours which most peopel probably average. If someone needs a place to eat and then crash for a few hours and can find their way here, it will be fine.

Sign out the front in big letters says "Rooms from 29 Pounds". I call BS on that. I haven't read the likely 3 pages "terms and conditions" attached to that, but the 2 nights i have had each cost around 75 pounds whether booked online or here. But whats 250% between me and the Premier Board of Directors.

Internet works fast. Cost 3 pounds so cant complain. Walk about a mile up the road and there is a pub with some personality which is more than what can be said for anything at the hotel. I have never seen so many people wishing they were somewhere else since the last Bjork concert.

So no offence to the staff or the hotel as they are efficient in the same way Ikea is. Just its souless. Very much like it is run by an absent management board with missions tatements and KPI's. Probably like most of us guests. Stay a day and run away.

(Oh..and enough with the BS "FROM 29 pounds" sign out the front. Disappointment is a bad first impression.to start out on, and i would also question some of these reviews, they seem a bit passionate for what this hotel is)

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by our Customer Services Team and the Management Team at this hotel.

Regarding your comments on pricing, rooms are available from £29 using our Premier Saver deal, a discounted rate available at selected hotels which gives you the opportunity to book early in advance for the best price.

Thanks agin for your review, we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Goole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here about 3 times now and we are very satisfied with this hotel.
The main attraction is the location (the planes land on the runway a few hundred yards behind the hotel car park with no noise intrusion !).You can arrange for car parking at the hotel whilst away,or you can independently arrange parking in the Purple Parking facility right next door.
The hotel is clean ,modern and the staff are efficient and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - for the best rates and the quickest way to book please visit our website.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Excellent! Three of us stayed in a room with two double beds. The hotel is very large, with a 24hr Costa Coffee, a restaurant, ad a bar that serves til midnight. As soon as we arrived we loved the hotel. It's spacious and comfortable. The staff are SO friendly, and really make you feel like your important for choosing their hotel. There is several seating areas in the mail floor, perfect to grab a hot chocolate before bed and relax. The room was very clean, with a large bath and shower. The beds are very comfortable. We had a continental buffet breakfast in the morning for £5.25, which was excellent. And a self serve espresso machine with several options. There is a airport shuttle that stops right In front of the door for £4.50 or 8 return. We wished that we could stay longer. I 100% recommend!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of your stay.

St. John's, NL Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Over the last few years I have stayed at many of the airport hotels at Heathrow, usually on the evening prior to flying back to Canada. The Premier Inn exceeds them all! The staff are friendly and efficient and by London standards the rates are very economical for very superior service.

Room Tip: I like the second floor. It is nice to be given a choice
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay.

Macclesfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This Premier Inn at Heathrow has just been upgraded...and it look superb...my family stayed here at the expense of an airline..after our flight had ben cancelled...we were here for two nights and it was excellent the hotel is just a walk away from the Heathrow 5 terminal and its near a bus stop with free rides...the beds were very comfortable, the food also very good and the Manager and his staff were always available and friendly..

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed overinight Sunday on way to the Airport. Very pleased with location and overall more than expected pleasant experience. Staff friendly and cared about our experience of catering and room comfort. Would recommend to friends and family the meal deal for Dinner and Breakfast very good value. Long Hotel Lobby with Costa Coffee and Bar Sky sports and sgreen projector on wall some 12ft square great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your pleasant experience and the friendly staff.

Kerry

Been to Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road? Share your experiences!