“Overall good Hotel, but expect some downsides” 3 of 5 stars

Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Heidelberg, Germany
“Overall good Hotel, but expect some downsides”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

Stayed there for three nights while on a business trip. Chose the hotel because of the good ratings and the favourable rates. The location needed to be nearby Heathrow.
Positiv: The hotel was very clean, room was good and well kept, breakfast for 7,5 was ok.
The room to the roadside wasn't very quiet, despite I explicity asked for a quiet one. In addition the heating didn't work properly, so it was not very warm in the room (without switching on the rather noisy aircon/heating system). It was very cold outside, I could imagine with normal temperatures this is no issue, but in summer the aircon could be an issue due to the noise.
The negative side: there is public transport outside and you can get with the bus to Hounslow West or with a little walk & bus to Hatton Cross station (there you have plenty of connections). Of course taxi are an option, but there are quite expensive. 12 GBP to Heathrow is quite a lot. The Hotel Hoppa is the cheaper alternative.
There is not much around the hotel, a little further up there is a McDonalds, a little towards Hounslow West there is a pub, a Tesco Express and a grocery store that apparently sells tube tickets/one day travel cards.
To London West End it takes close to 1.5 hrs by bus/tube (via Hounslow West/Hatton Cross), so the hotel is not good choice for getting to Central London. I would strongly advise if you want spend time there choose a more central hotel. For an evening it is ok, but as said it takes time.
Bus times are sometimes unreliable, so expect delays if you take one late. BTW: Nightline N9 runs directly from Trafalgar Square to the hotel, I don't know how long it takes but I would think at least one hour+. Taxis also need time, as there is during rush hour a lot of traffic,
Breakfast was included in my room rate, but I got charged extra for breakfast. After I made a complaint to my internet travel agency the issue got sorted out quickly, but still this should not happen. So check your booked rate with the one they charge you at check-in.
Otherwise staff was helpful and attentive.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (813)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

I was in Slough, staying with a friend, but the Futon was killing my back, so I got on the computer and Googled "hotels by Heathrow" ...or something like that.
I ended up with a Website that booked for many hotels.
I have found, in the past, that (most times) these sites can give you a better deal than the hotel.

I took a taxi to the hotel. OK...Where to begin. Nice staff. There was always someone to ask questions to. The manager walked around often.
I do not know what else to say here so I will give short descriptions:

CHECK IN...great
RESTAURANT...yes, and it was well staffed, and the food was good.
LOUNGE: Several places...Some with tv, others more quiet.
COFFEE: Yes, there was something like a Starbucks...and a nice place to sit and drink it.
STORE: A small one near the cafe.
CHILDREN: An arcade area.
INTERNET IN LOBBY: Yes, but it is only usable with a C.C.
ROOMS: Very pleasant. I could watch airplanes landing from my room. Bathroom was quite large, there was a small coffee station, etc. My room had a big Queen size bed, and a sofa that folded out. (I was one person)
ROOM SERVICE: Very quick

• Liked — almost everything
  • Disliked — The internet access. CC only...
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2007

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Premier Inn at Heathrow. The hotel had very attentative staff who were keen to help us. The rooms are spacious and airy and with each an en suite. It was minutes from the airport and beside the runway! There was no noise pollution from the planes as each room is sound proofed. There is a lovely grand reception dining area with coffee shops and restauants all throughout. There is a fabulous buffet breakfast which can be included sometimes included in the bargain room prices.
Overall enjoyed our stay here very much. Would highly recommend it to others looking for a comfy hotel near the airport at a low price!

• Liked — It was in a great location.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

Over the years, I have stayed at several Heathrow Hotels including both Sheratons, the Renaissance and the Ibis (a dump). The Premier Inn was the best accommodation that I have had at Heathrow. The lobby was large, check-in was easy and members of the staff were most helpful. The room may be the cleanest and most modern in England. The bathroom literally sparkled. In addition, the rooms are air-conditioned, a rarity in this country. The rates are set at £85 on weekdays and £55 on weekends. I didn’t have time to eat at any of the restaurants, as this was a quick overnight stay. At this point, the Premier Inn would be my hotel of choice at Heathrow.

• Liked — Excellent Room
  • Disliked — High Price
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

Check in seemed to take longer than usual, lobby was quite impressive.

When we went into the room it stank of cigarette smoke despite being a 'non0smoking' room. We were too tired at this stage to complain so we just put up with this. Bathroom was clean and pleasant.

Beds were slightly too soft than what I'm used too and window did not open, but overall appearance of room was pleasant.

There is an 'airport bowl' place just down the road which was dire but was open 24 hours and offered food & drink etc when the restaurants were closed.

Would stay again if on a budget.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Here, there and everywhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

We actually booked this through ebookers and got the rate slightly cheaper than the hotel advertised rate (£75.87).

Had a few issues getting to the hotel as our sat nav took us the opposite way but eventually found it. Straight up to the barrier and into the car park. You are pretty near a Heathrow runway and can watch the planes coming in. Right next door was a Q Park car park (not sure which one it was but next time I'd find out and use it as we went to Purple Parking which ended up being much futher out).

Into the hotel we went - lovely bright glass atrium, kids soft play area, internet access (and printers), 24 hour Costa Coffee, 2 bars and a restaurant. Cold drinks vending machine, cashpoint (and not one of those that charges a fee) and free papers. Check in was smooth and I noticed next to the check in there was a dedicated desk for airport staff.

Our room was spotlessly clean - I understand the rooms are all being refurbished and this was in shades of lavender. Nice firm bed, extra pillows. Bathroom had plenty of towels and shower gel (attached to the wall) - a basic room but everything you could need for 1night.

We went downstairs to eat in the restaurant - as it was Halloween they had a buffet offer on - as much as you could eat I think for £15 per person. We chose off the main menu and weren't disappointed - its not haute cuisine by any standards but certainly the same as you'd get from any major restaurant chain and not over priced.

When we came out of the restaurant the football was on - they were projecting it onto the huge walls of the atrium so people could easily see.

We didn't hear any aircraft noise during the evening or overnight - our room overlooked an inner courtyard. Our early start let us take advantage of the 24 hour Costa which was a godsend and not at over inflated prices.

We didn'g have it but I noticed the breckie was again a buffet - it appeared to have everything you could want - £7.50 for adults and under 16's free which I think compared to airport fare was a bargain.

Check out again was easy and when I asked about paying the overnight parking fee (£8) the girl gave me a ticket to get out free.

Would I stay here again? Without a doubt - I've paid far more and stayed in far worse airport hotels than this.

• Liked — Clean, bright, modern and value for money
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

This is a clean hotel, with good beds, and just what you need when you stay over for your early flight from Heathrow. The airport is ten minutes away in a cab. We paid £9 for two persons.

I would not reccomend this hotel if you are going on a holiday to London, but for the purpose of getting close to Heathrow for early morning flight it is a good option.

You have to pay extra for the breakfast and it is nothing special, but it is good enough.

Remember to inform staff if you arrive late in the night. After 1AM they will give your room away and set you as no-show.

• Liked — Location from Heathrow
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Premier Inn Heathrow Airport - Bath Road? Share your experiences!