“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 1JG, England   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My 2 boys (ages 15 and 20) and I had been traveling around Europe for 2 weeks when we arrived in London and stayed here. Wonderful change of pace from the sterile hotel environments. Rooms are small but very adequate. Very clean. Staff is fantastic. We had a late arrival and they were completely accommodating to that, including clear directions on how to get there via the Underground, and using an Oyster card etc. The night manager also was very helpful in allowing me to make reservations for a tour to Windsor Castle, Bath, Stonehenge on their computer. Breakfast is wonderful. Very kitschy, cozy place with a definite homey feel to it. 50 meters from the tube station made it incredibly convenient without being stuck in an overly touristy area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in this guest house, and there are steps up to get to the front door. Also, st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed with the boys 11, 12 & 15 for a few day as our original booking in another booking did not work out. The room was recently refurbished and was clean. We also were served a decent breakfast in the morning. Staff were courteous. The room was however very small for 5 people and the cost was too high even when considering that it was peak season in London.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here when we went to the chime for change concert in Twickenham. It is a lovely little guest house and the staff are very nice. The rooms are small but they are nicely decorated with everything we needed and a very comfy bed. Breakfast was also nice and good location near stadium and also the tube. We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend. Don't use the taxi service we got a quote and it was a lot cheaper using the taxi rank across the road.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night to go to concert at twickenham, couldn't fault this guest house, location, the staff, the room, catered for our needs perfectly and a relaxed breakfast in the morning topped it all off. Would recommend if going to twickenham stadium, they even provide walking instructions to the stadium when you check in!!

• Stayed June 2013
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a crappy room in a House, how can anyone call it a Guest House.
It is not clean and very old.
Breakfast awful.

Beware the false reviews.
Stay away from it and add a few pounds to get a real hotel where you can sleep and have a bath.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rachaburi, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I didn't book this hotel but Agoda changed my booking because the hotel that I booked cancelled my account. It was my good luck. I've got an excellent room. Full of complementary that we need more than my expectation. The staff was very nice and helpful. I'm really appreciated. Also, location is great,just only a few minute walk from underground station. I would like to have a chance to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I think the hotel was outstanding very clean and met my needs couldn't complain about any thing, the hotel even has its own taxi service which was great for myself my partner and friend I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Crompton Guest House? Share your experiences!