“Lovely place near Heathrow airport” 5 of 5 stars

Crompton Guest House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 1JG, England   |
Ranked #2 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Mancioux, France
“Lovely place near Heathrow airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place is perfectly located if you need to get to Healthrow airport early in the morning. It's just 10 minutes away by tube to Heathrow terminal 1,2 and 3, and 15min from terminal 4 or 5, with the first trains arriving at Heathrow at around 5:30am.
The place is newly renovated. It's got character! The staff is super friendly! The price is very reasonable. I will go there again if I need to be near the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Stafford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were looking for a place close to Heathrow, with a super price. I emailed Crompton Guest House and found both. I exchanged emails several times, called on the phone from the US and finally had to move our dates around -- every time, I received a welcome and friendly greeting. I can say with confidence that Crompton Guest House went out of their way to accommodate our needs and make us feel welcome. We also took them up on their taxi service to the airport terminal directly, making our departure so much easier. I would highly recommend your staying with them in the future. They are near a great pub for eating dinner and only a short walk to some great shopping. Cheers!

Room Tip: I would guess all their rooms were great. I only saw the one I stayed in and they gave us a very ni...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

It was such a great stay and services. I stayed for a night before going back to Kuala Lumpur. Hotel was easy access to Central London via Houslow Central underground which has direct access to Heathrow airport. i've booked 2 rooms for me and my friends. Thanks also for upgrading me to family room at first floor without extra charge, it was very much easy for me and my friend since we have 4 big luggages with us. The Manager and Staffs are very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Villeneuve de Duras FRANCE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ideally situated for Heathrow Airport or even London as the tube station is within walking distance. Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast and helpful information with regard to evening meal. Parking good in fact nothing to complain about and certainly nothing was too much trouble. I agree that the Decor was loud but it would certainly not put us off staying again. Thankyou,

Room Tip: We were given the family room on the ground floor which had a walk in shower. We also had very heav...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked the Crompton Guest House because of its close proximity to Twickenham. It's only a few minutes away by car and you could walk it in 35 minutes or so. We drove to the venue as we had already sorted parking, not realising that even though we checked out at 11am on the day of the event the management were more than happy for us to leave our car there all day! We will remember that next time!

The guest house has secure, free parking to the rear of the building, which is a real bonus and rare in London!

From the outside this place doesn't look much. In fact the walk from the car park to the front slightly worried me. Could really do with removing the old Ford Orion and the skip, but then I think they must have recently decorated some rooms as our room had that fresh paint smell.

However any concerns about the place vanished when we were shown our room. Whilst not to my personal decorating taste the room was spottlessly clean. We had booked a double, but were given a family room. Wouldn't hesitate to go back with our boys. Plenty of coffee and tea supplies were provided. The room had a fridge in it which was really handy. The room even had a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board! Something which at this price you don't tend to get. The bathroom was small, but perfectly formed. Shower was amazing! They provide shower gel, shampoo, soap and handcream, which is a lovely touch. Plenty of towels too. You could also get back into the guest house, without worrying about disturbing staff at a late hour, because they have a card swipe entry system for the main door...brilliant!

Breakfast was cooked to order. My boyfriend had a full English, whilst I opted for beans on toast. Lots of fresh juice, coffee and cereal to chose from also.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The main man was very helpful, letting us know places to visit locally and also saying he would extend the checkout time since we were going to Twickenham.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Crompton Guest House as it is was very reasonably priced and only a 30-35 minute walk to the the rugby at Twickenham. The place seemed to be more or less family run and all of the staff that we met were extremely friendly. There was a sense that nothing would be too much trouble and they happily offered to do us a later breakfast if 07.00-10.00 was too early. Breakfast was good and there was a good choice of hot and cold options available. We booked a double room and got a family room (which also had an extra single bed in it) instead. It wasn't the biggest room that I have ever stayed in but it was more than suitable for our needs. The decor was very bright and loud throughout the building, but the whole place was clean and homely feeling. The guest house has secure free parking at the back of the property but we had to check-in to get the passcode for the electronic gates before we could pull in off of the road (which was signposted as permit holders parking only). It might be worth calling the guest house from the car when you arrive to get the code rather than risk getting a ticket for leaving the car on the road while you check in!?

I would happily stay at Crompton Guest House again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, great value for money and lovely staff - thank you. The refurbishments have been done to a high standard.
Will definitely recommend and we will be coming again - close to all transport links.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Crompton Guest House? Share your experiences!