“Very friendly and clean B &B” 4 of 5 stars

Crompton Guest House
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 1JG, England   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Villeneuve de Duras FRANCE
“Very friendly and clean B &B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ideally situated for Heathrow Airport or even London as the tube station is within walking distance. Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast and helpful information with regard to evening meal. Parking good in fact nothing to complain about and certainly nothing was too much trouble. I agree that the Decor was loud but it would certainly not put us off staying again. Thankyou,

Room Tip: We were given the family room on the ground floor which had a walk in shower. We also had very heav...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked the Crompton Guest House because of its close proximity to Twickenham. It's only a few minutes away by car and you could walk it in 35 minutes or so. We drove to the venue as we had already sorted parking, not realising that even though we checked out at 11am on the day of the event the management were more than happy for us to leave our car there all day! We will remember that next time!

The guest house has secure, free parking to the rear of the building, which is a real bonus and rare in London!

From the outside this place doesn't look much. In fact the walk from the car park to the front slightly worried me. Could really do with removing the old Ford Orion and the skip, but then I think they must have recently decorated some rooms as our room had that fresh paint smell.

However any concerns about the place vanished when we were shown our room. Whilst not to my personal decorating taste the room was spottlessly clean. We had booked a double, but were given a family room. Wouldn't hesitate to go back with our boys. Plenty of coffee and tea supplies were provided. The room had a fridge in it which was really handy. The room even had a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board! Something which at this price you don't tend to get. The bathroom was small, but perfectly formed. Shower was amazing! They provide shower gel, shampoo, soap and handcream, which is a lovely touch. Plenty of towels too. You could also get back into the guest house, without worrying about disturbing staff at a late hour, because they have a card swipe entry system for the main door...brilliant!

Breakfast was cooked to order. My boyfriend had a full English, whilst I opted for beans on toast. Lots of fresh juice, coffee and cereal to chose from also.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. The main man was very helpful, letting us know places to visit locally and also saying he would extend the checkout time since we were going to Twickenham.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Crompton Guest House as it is was very reasonably priced and only a 30-35 minute walk to the the rugby at Twickenham. The place seemed to be more or less family run and all of the staff that we met were extremely friendly. There was a sense that nothing would be too much trouble and they happily offered to do us a later breakfast if 07.00-10.00 was too early. Breakfast was good and there was a good choice of hot and cold options available. We booked a double room and got a family room (which also had an extra single bed in it) instead. It wasn't the biggest room that I have ever stayed in but it was more than suitable for our needs. The decor was very bright and loud throughout the building, but the whole place was clean and homely feeling. The guest house has secure free parking at the back of the property but we had to check-in to get the passcode for the electronic gates before we could pull in off of the road (which was signposted as permit holders parking only). It might be worth calling the guest house from the car when you arrive to get the code rather than risk getting a ticket for leaving the car on the road while you check in!?

I would happily stay at Crompton Guest House again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, great value for money and lovely staff - thank you. The refurbishments have been done to a high standard.
Will definitely recommend and we will be coming again - close to all transport links.

• Stayed March 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a hidden gem. The house is very well clean and very well maintained. The manager was more than helpful. It is very close to the tube. It is easy to go to Heathrow from her. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

To start with,this is my first travel outside india. I had a very good time here in crompton guest house. My friend booked this at the last minute. He has been staying here for more than a month. I got the same room. After i came here i paid the money..its all becoz he had a good experence and he too suggested the same...

Cab facility for pickup and drops frm airport.Ambience is very good, safe having full cctv camera everywhere. Anytime you can go out and come back. No restrictions.
Very good english breakfast. Different for me but i liked it.
20 seconds walk to reachthe hounslow central tube station.

Nearby walkable distance u have an indian restaurant named "aaha dosa".
Even before that u have kfc and mcdonalds....
Opposite to the guest house and nearby walk around 5 min, u have a big 24 hrs supermarket "ASTA"

Staff and the owner here indians....they r very polite and they would be very helpful.

Overall feedback- safe, secure and nice place to stay....

Room Tip: No constraints...go and have a word with them on your needs...they will suggest you good rooom..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hi All,

I have recently moved to London and had stayed for a week at CROMPTON GUEST HOUSE. Through initial assessment, I have selected this guest house based on its location & reviews from other guest. But after reaching the guest, I can assure all that this place has a lot to offer than what we could had expected.

To start with, this place is just 100 steps away from HOUNSLOW CENTRAL tube station and 300 steps from HIGH STREET market. This place gave me a well connectivity to LONDON & access to local market (Shops, Banks, restaurants, trinity mall etc), making my initial settlement at peace.

I have taken single bedroom, as I had fly alone. This guest house has very nice & bright room and has all necessary facilities (TV, Iron, Refrigerator, Cupboards). I want to appreciate the hospitality of staff members, who has provided me, best of services during my stay at the guest house. I got a great choice of breakfasts & room cleaning was done to level best.

Special thanks to Hemal, for his guidance & support throughout my stay. You guys are doing great job.

My advice to people looking for decent stay at london:
Anyone arriving new to London (as single/ with family & friends) and looking for a decent place to stay at reasonable price & close to TUBE station should definitely think of stay at Crompton guest house.

Regards,
Abhishek Sachdeva

Room Tip: Each room has its own interior design. I have stayed in single room, which is execellent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crompton Guest House? Share your experiences!