“New hotel with contemporary rooms” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great West Road 449, Hounslow TW5 0BU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Houston, Texas
“New hotel with contemporary rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was surprised to find a nice hotel with clean modern rooms at a reasonable price close to Heathrow. This hotel is about a 500m walk from the Osterley underground station, but is convenient enough to walk if you don't have too much luggage. One can walk from the hotel to the station, grab the underground train, and be at Heathrow in 30 minutes.

The hotel is modern and well kept as of June 2013. Staff was slow and not particularly friendly but the room was a pleasant surprise. Bar closes at 11:00 on weekdays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rajiv I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02031189600.

Rajiv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I usually don't write reviews for hotels, but I thought this one deserved it. I stayed here for two nights on a business trip just this week.
Pros: I was very impressed overall, the room was comfortable, they provide water bottles, which is a nice touch. The shower is amazing. I keep raving about the shower. You cannot hear the aeroplanes and the rooms are quite soundproof. As a business traveller, I was very happy that they provide a corporate shuttle service to take me to my company and pick me up. The restaurant has a simple menu, but.... I was very happy that the reception staff and the chef actually came to greet the customers and they asked me if I wanted them to make anything specific for me as I was vegetarian. They were more than willing to make a full indian meal out of their menu at 9.30pm and both my friend (who I had invited for dinner) and myself were really satisfied.
Cons: I stayed for two nights, but they didn't vacuum the room on the 2nd day, they didn't change the sheets and the toiletries. For a hotel of this calibre, this was not nice. The tv hardly catches signal and the ipod docks dont work at all.

However, I was very impressed with the hotel. I hope their service and maintenance doesn't drop and I am coming to stay again on the 8th of July for 3 nights so will really look forward to it. I think it is nice to see the staff treating you well, we don't see this in most affordable hotels. I have also highly recommended this hotel back to my work as we are a very large corporation and we have business guests staying in the area everyday. I hope you get business from us and all the very best. See you in a week's time again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms Shah,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel as a part of a very large group hence cannot comment on the rates. Despite so many people checking in at the same time we had no problem and check-in was a breeze. Room is I suppose large by London standards but smaller than American ones. New hotel hence everything is in prime condition. Bed is at a higher than normal height but very comfortable. Bathroom is nice. I was supprised to read one review complaining about the outside (flights) noise. My experience is compeletly different. Despite hotel being located on the main road with heavy traffic from the Heathrow airport to the city I didn't hear even a pin drop from outside in my room. In fact I was praising their quality of construction to my family that I have not stayed in any hotel in the world which was so sound proof.
The biggest problem is the distance from the hotel to Central London. If you are a tourist this hotel is not for you. If you pay a little more you can stay in/nearer to the city. The time saved on tour is more valuable.
Hotel has a Bar in the Lobby and a cafe/restaurant also connected to the Lobby. Can't talk about the meals but Breakfast was okay. Not many options around the hotel. I think its more suited to transit passengers. One good thing is that they display arrival/departure information about the flights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Raj,
Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding our property.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Myslef and my travel companion stayed here for two nights,our main problem was with check in, upon arrival the receptionist Philipo was friendly and helpful however we were told our booking was for a double room! We had contacted the hotel to change the booking to a twin room and were assured the amendment had been made.

When we arrived in our room to find a double we were most dissapointed as this was inapropriate sleeping arrangements for our party. Returning to reception to complain we were told there is nothing we can do as we are fully booked! No apology was offered and the manner of the female receptionist was rather abrubpt like she couldnt care less! We had planned on spending time in the bar however this unwelcoming and abrupt manner made us feel un welcome. A smile and some form of apology would have sorted this!

The room was nice however as stated in previous reviews is under the flight path of many arrivals and departures of the nearby airport, we did not feel the hotel was sound proofed for this! When showering I could hear the planes overhead! Upon arrival we only had one set of towels in the room and on the second night our water was not replenished, I understand these are menial things however stil inconvinient.

The reastaraunt was baisic however our evening meal was nice and the hot breakfast of a good quality, the staff in this area were brilliant, always happy and willing to help (especailly the young woman serving Friday evening)

On check out we were not asked if we had enjoed our stay or if everything had been ok. The hotels rooms are well appointed and comfatable (if you get the correct room) however the customer service is hit and miss.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Samantha,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 02031189600.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on fathers day. Booked a club room through Think hotels online. When I arrived I was told I had booked a deluxe room without breakfast. Explained to the receptionists I had booked a club room and showed confirmation but they insisted Think hotels had made a mistake. This was not my fault but they still sent me to a deluxe room. I went RED when I saw the room they gave me. Finally got my club room after going back to reception and complaining but they were still refusing to give us breakfast. My partner who is a DM at another hotel had to show them the Think hotel site where it said breakfast included and we finally got our breakfast added. So that was in the first 30mins of arrival.

Club lounge just a sitting area on top floor, no wine, no soft drinks, no snacks just tea and coffee. Dont pay more for Club room, not worth it, your fruit bowl is a plate with 1 orange and 1 apple.

No bartender for 10mins who did't know how to make cocktails.

Bottle of wine in the room, no corkscrew, ask for 1 at 6pm at the bar who sent me to reception, who sent me to restaurant, who sent me to reception. Asked to have it dropped off at our room and was told it would cost £5 to use the corkscrew in the room. lol. Finally got the corkscrew at 11:30pm from the first person I asked at 6pm, lol.

Ask to have a taxi booked for 8:45, got to reception ontime, waited 5 mins, no taxi, asked receptionist who then called up firm and more or less booked the taxi there and then, no explanation, no apology.

Ordered food for lunch, requested not tomato but still got it, caesar salad with no anchovies, was told croutons were anchovies by waitress, lmfao, then told the anchovies was in the sauce by the chef, lol. Breakfast the same thing.

All in all a bad experience, nice hotel, shame about the staff.

Room Tip: Look for deals online, don't pay full price. Don't waste your money on a club room, you get...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rajiv I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Justin,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Your feedback has highlighted the training issues we have in our restaurant & bar. We have already addressed the issue with the Think hotel website and have requested them to check the content of there website so there are no confusions in future.Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Rajiv Issar
Tiptree
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for a night in June as myself and a friend were off to Twickenham, on arrival (when we finally managed to get into the carpark - needs a signpost!) there was no car park spaces however Nick was kind enough to let us have our space. Although on departing another car during our stayed had scrapped down the side and did not have the decency to report it to the hotel. At the check-in desk we were told that we were being transferred to another hotel which was not stated on our booking confirmation and we had booked in Feb. After some "discussion" we were told that we could stay and were given complimentary parking and breakfast (which is self-service which i thought should be table service).

The room itself was really nice and the finishing touches were lovely. I would stay here again but try and get their earlier for parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rajiv I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Amanda,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Rajiv Issar
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff in this hotel are fabulous! I stayed for two nights on business and the hosts were second to none. They obviously show great pride in the establishment and the beds are to die for. Rohir was an especially courteous host and I hope to return soon

• Stayed June 2013
Rajiv I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Benjanim,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Rajiv

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow? Share your experiences!