“Very comfortable, clean and good service” 4 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great West Road 449, Hounslow TW5 0BU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 22% off stays!
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
jakkalsfontein, west coast. south africa
“Very comfortable, clean and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

20 minutes from T5, a very good, clean and comfortable hotel. I booked DB&B for my brother, adult son and myself. The only criticism is there was a misunderstanding about this rate and we were charged extra for dinner despite asking what we could eat from the menu at the DB&B rate. I have to say immediately that the staff did admit it was their mistake and that the extra would be taken off their wages ( which I couldn't allow to happen as their service had been otherwise 5 *) Free fast wifi throughout, amazing showers, comfortable beds, spotless rooms and public areas. Dining and bar service still needs some training but friendly fast service. I would go back if overnighting at Heathrow

• Stayed April 2013
Rajiv I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 02031189600.

Regards
Rajiv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst we were visiting family in the area.

Staff are very attentive and can not do enough to help you from check-in / out to breakfast.

Rooms are clean and decor is of a high standard. Beds are very comfortable and the mattress is neither too hard or too soft.

There was a variety of items for breakfast, from
Continental to cooked full English breakfast. Staff were attentive in bringing hot drinks and toast once we were seated.

There is some parking outside the hotel but not a lot.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great overnight accommodation 15 minutes taxi ride to LHR with free WiFi and breakfast included...service excellent ...who could ask for more from this Best Western Plus hotel?
We enjoyed the modern large bathroom with amazing shower!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Esther,

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with family for a long weekend trip to London. The hotel was modern, clean and very comfortable, better than expected. All the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive, especially the staff during breakfast. The breakfast was delicious, plentiful and cooked to order. This hotel is close to Osterley tube station which is within a few minutes walk.
We had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

A good deal of money has clearly been spent on the interior of this hotel. Lots of marble, clean, unfussy design in the lobby, bar and restaurant, although it lacks cosy atmosphere.
The rooms are very pleasant...not massive, but equipped with massive (high) beds which are very comfortable. Good widescreen TV, plenty of sockets, usual tea and coffee etc. The bathroom was new and clean with a good deluge shower. The details....tea, coffee, toiletries are adequate/functional (cheap)...the usual. Sound-proofing is excellent...no plane/traffic noise.
The waiting staff in the restaurant were very keen and attentive, though I got the impression that they were quite inexperienced.
The meal was not without incident...corked wine (immediately replaced without question), I ordered calamari followed by rack of lamb. Something went awry and nothing arrived for 30 minutes. The waiter noticed and went to the kitchen...another 5 minutes passed before the calamari arrived. I didn't expect much from this...frozen calamari, deep fried and on a bed of rocket. The surprise was that a couple of the calamari rings were actually onion rings. I was so hungry I just ate them.
Rack of lamb followed, which was quite pleasant actually, creamy mash and gravy. Nothing special but good enough...what was disappointing was that it was accompanied by frozen diced mixed veg. It seems a bit mad to spend so much making a hotel cosmetically pleasant and then to present a £15 dish with frozen veg. There's nothing wrong with frozen veg, I have it at home, but I expect more in a 4* hotel restaurant.
To be fair, I mentioned the calamari to the manageress, who was horrified and I was offered a complementary drink by way of apology.
Anyway, more nitty gritty, the parking is limited and charged at £10. I object to paying for parking usually (it only really happens in London), however £10 is ok by London standards.
On the big PLUS side, Wi-Fi is free. This is a massive thing for me and I mark down hotels that charge. It was also reasonably speedy.
There's a small, but functional, gym in the basement with bike, treadmill, cross trainer and free weights...there's a tv in there for those that like to run whilst watching people scream on Eastenders.
The hotel is at a busy crossroads on the A4. No-one will be visiting it for the scenery. Mostly it will be business users, Heathrow travellers and rugby fans going to Twickenham. For those users, this hotel is an excellent choice. It is fantastic value (under £60 a night) and, with a bit more effort, could be a 5/5 hotel.
I'm unlikely to be back unless I'm flying out of Heathrow (which, contrary to some reviews, isn't far away)...in which case, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed overnight whilst at meetings in the area. Good standard of accomodation and helpful staff.

Room was very cold when I first went in and reached acceptable by the time I came back from dinner but never did reach very warm. Surprisingly quiet for its location.

Ate out locally but good buffet breakfast provided. Not located in an area where there is much to do outside the hotel but would be ok for a night or two on business or prior to flying.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel as I was working near Syon Lane station.
The service was excellent, especially in the restaurant where both dinner and breakfast food was fast and tasty, and serving staff were attentive.
The bedroom was well decorated, modern, with everything that was required. I was in a 'single bedroom' and hadn't clocked that this referred to the size of the bed and not only the expected number of people! But the single bed was comfortable and fine for a one-night business stay.
The desk was a little small but fine for work on a laptop. Not so good if you have loads of papers to spread out!
I would have welcomed a choice of pillow (some hotels offer both soft and firm options!)
The room was warm, which made a nice change from hotels for which the heating doesn't seem to work properly.
Convenient bus route H91 took me straight to the front door.
Exactly what was needed. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you check what size bed comes with the room!