“Good short stay business or airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great West Road 449, Hounslow TW5 0BU, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Good short stay business or airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed overnight whilst at meetings in the area. Good standard of accomodation and helpful staff.

Room was very cold when I first went in and reached acceptable by the time I came back from dinner but never did reach very warm. Surprisingly quiet for its location.

Ate out locally but good buffet breakfast provided. Not located in an area where there is much to do outside the hotel but would be ok for a night or two on business or prior to flying.

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel as I was working near Syon Lane station.
The service was excellent, especially in the restaurant where both dinner and breakfast food was fast and tasty, and serving staff were attentive.
The bedroom was well decorated, modern, with everything that was required. I was in a 'single bedroom' and hadn't clocked that this referred to the size of the bed and not only the expected number of people! But the single bed was comfortable and fine for a one-night business stay.
The desk was a little small but fine for work on a laptop. Not so good if you have loads of papers to spread out!
I would have welcomed a choice of pillow (some hotels offer both soft and firm options!)
The room was warm, which made a nice change from hotels for which the heating doesn't seem to work properly.
Convenient bus route H91 took me straight to the front door.
Exactly what was needed. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you check what size bed comes with the room!
Florida, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We booked the hotel as we were visiting UK. This hotel met our needs that we were looking for.
When we checked in the Hotel they were expecting us and were greeted on arrival.
We book the rooms with bed and breakfast. We booked this for 2 days.
Our experience for the service we received specially from the restaurant was excellent.
The breakfast we had was well over our expectation as There was very good verities on the menu.
The staff in the restaurant were extremely helpful and friendly.
We also had an evening meal and the Hotel, the food selection on the menu was good and what we ordered was of high quality and the the presentation was excellent.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel and was very impressed. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, especially Alisha who was on at Reception. The rooms were very clean and cosy and very nice. We paid for breakfast which again was really good. A lot of variety, fresh and amazing choice of cold and hot food.
Location it being close to Heathrow airport was convenient and also the underground was very close which made it very easy for us to travel to Central London, without any hassle.
All in all we enjoyed our stay very much, a very good value for money hotel and will recommend it to friends and family and will be most definitely be staying here again when in the area.

Room Tip: we stayed in a double deluxe was very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sitges, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I use www.lastminute.com and their secret hotels service all the time and as it is always a great bargain and also as I use it each week that by now I really know which hotel is which from the description so when this new hotel showed up I was curious , the description "Hotel with excellent Restaurant and 24 hour Gym - 4* - Heathrow Airport- Easy access to Heathrow Airport and convenient connections into Central London.

When the hotel was revealed after booking I found I was staying at the Park Grand, my heart did sink a little as normally all the Heathrow hotels are serviced by Hotel Hopper but this was outside the range of the service. So then the description on "how to find" us really sank me further as I was being told I had to change 2 local buses to get to the hotel. But after arriving a journey via the tube to Osmanby and long walk in the rain I found the hotel.

Rooms are modern and very well equipped , not the biggest size rooms, but with many electrical sockets and the very high bed was very comfortable ! Bathroom well fitted out but without a bath just shower but all done very tastefully. Free Internet throughout the hotel which is a big plus for me.

The restaurant was basic but there are some restaurants just outside the hotel where I had a good meal. I did not get to use the gym but as the previous review mentioned I did find out there is a local bus service outside which does take you to the bus station at Heathrow.

I would definitely stay here again as the hotel was great value and the staff very professional and friendly but if you have a quick layover this might not be the best or closet to the airport.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and no noise but make sure you are away from the elevator fire doors as they...
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am staying here as I write this review. Others that have commented positively about this hotel and given descriptions are accurate, so I won't repeat them yet again. It is quite new and the room I found very comfortable after a trip from Washington DC. I will, instead, tell how to easily and cheaply get to the hotel from Heathrow by public transport. Unlike what the London transport journey planner told me (take the Tube, etc.) I fortunately found someone at Heathrow that traveled right by the hotel every day. What you do is go to the central bus station at Heathrow, go to stop 20 and take bus 111. I understand this bus runs 24 hours and my wife and I got it around 11 pm. The fare costs all of one pound 40 each. Heathrow is the starting point, so you don't have to worry which direction you are going. It is towards Kingston. Then you get off at the Great West stop (you will see this displayed) and continue walking in the direction the bus is going. It is a 3-4 minute walk and you will see the hotel right across the main intersection. Very easy and inexpensive. The hotel was an excellent value. We paid 44.50 pounds for two without breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Room was fine, well fitted-out, clean, good bed, clean linen, great shower, and given it's under the flight path, well insulated for sound. Reception was very friendly.

Parking was very limited; I ended up parking up a side street on one of the nights I was there. The restaurant is very disappointing. The quality of the food was fine, but the menu choices were limited and down-market and there was no atmosphere. I got the impression the kitchen are capable of better. Restaurant staff were not particularly friendly or well-trained.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow? Share your experiences!