“Great value for the location, but needs to remember it is in England” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great West Road 449, Hounslow TW5 0BU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Milton keynes
“Great value for the location, but needs to remember it is in England”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I paid £59 for the room, £10 to park and £10 for breakfast, so that's less than £80 for B&B at a hotel on the London side of Heathrow - Amazing value !

The room was splendid, very well appointed. Some of the nicest shower and bathroom fittings I've seen. The bed, a little so soft for me, was luxurious if nothing else. Quiet and controllable aircon. Also, well insulated from aircraft noise... All good.

The staff, all of turkish of meiddle eastern descent were all polite and very helpfull.

..but there is where if fails slightly... The ground floor feels like it was designed for a hot country... probably Turkey or the middle east... Everything is bright and marble... The car is too bright and strak to relax in and the restaurant is really a breakfast room which serves pizzas and burgers.... The breakfast was OK, but a £10 breakfast and no more... but coffee ran freely..

I ate in chineese acros the road ("Hee's") where the food was good but the regulars liked to belch.... hmmm... must be the area...

All in all, excellent for the money....

Room Tip: Ask for one on the front side to minimise noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Seems to be in a refurbished office block on the Great West Road. Accommodation good and beds great. Staff really friendly especially checkin and the mini bus driver. Breakfast could be better but it is included in price so does have an edge over most LHR located hotels and overnight parking is free. I will stop here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been staying here for four months. The hotel is relatively new, the rooms are clean and well appointed and the beds are deep and comfortable. At first the staff were inexperienced but things have improved and they are really trying hard. I think this shows most is the presentation and service at breakfast which has improved greatly.
There are four Indian and one Chinese restaurants very close at hand, which is a useful amenity - and a South Indian a mile up the road. The hotel restaurant needs a change of direction to compete.
Parking is tight. If the hotel is busy it is wise to leave your car there for the evening.
It is not too far from Heathrow and handy for business users from Stockley Park, 6 miles away.

Room Tip: Mobile phone reception can be variable - better signals on higher floors
Lusaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This Hotel is excellent for - fabulous room with climate control, wi-fi, wonderful bed, tv, and top notch bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful. The price is right too.

The only two things to warn about is the food is completely average and a bit overpriced. The location is also not great...though just a 15 minute walk to the tube.

Room Tip: 5th floor was great. quiet. good water pressure. no problems.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Great hotel, don't know what the fuss is about . One of the best hotels I have stayed in London. Excellent decor and very modern and contemporary style. Good and lively staff, and decently priced cant ask for more.

Room Tip: Go to higher floor to have view of London & airport.
Cumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have just returned from staying at this hotel for four nights on business.
The hotel is very nice from the lobby,and the rooms are nice enough too. The staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough.
Like the previous reviewer mentioned,the rooms are very noisy,I have stayed in other airport hotels closer to the airport with a lot less noise.
The main letdown of the hotel,is the food. Charging almost £12 for a breakfast,I would expect a decent meal. The ingredients used are cheap and not particularly well cooked. On the last day,the buffet was cancelled without explanation,and the chef prepared the breakfasts to order. I think this may have been due to the lack of guests eating breakfast,which isnt really acceptable when people have paid for a buffet.
On my first nite I also ate in the restaurant due to arriving late,and the meal again was not great despite charging a lot for the meal.
The hotel staff were a bit stingy on replacing toiletries etc. If the hotel tried not to be so tight in certain areas such as ingredients for meals,complimentary toiletries it would make for a lot better hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family (my wife and 6 month old daughter) and I travelled from New Zealand arriving at Best Western Plus Hotel on the 8th Jan 2013. We had booked the hotel through "wotif" website.

We specifically booked this hotel due to the fact on the website it advertised the airport to hotel shuttle bus service so we knew we did not have to pay extra for taxi's.

We had travelled from Auckland for 9 hours to Singapore and then travelled 13.5 hours from Singapore to Heathrow. When we arrived at Heathrow we searched for almost 45 mins to find where our bus transfer was, only to be told by a taxi driver waiting on his pick up that our hotel did not have a shuttle service. He advised that we call the hotel. By this time our daughter was crying the place down due to being over tired and also being carted all around the airport trying to find the non-existenet service. We called the hotel on multiple occassions for approx 20 mins and the calls where ringing out. We made the decisition to get a taxi to the hotel which cost £22:50.

When arriving at the hotel we were told their systems had been down during the day and they had no records of our booking. I had to prove our booking through our booking confirmation before they would process our room. They also had no baby cot ready for us as requested also. We waited in the lobby for approx 30 mins whilst this was being sorted out. We eventually got our room.

The lifts at the hotel are up 3 large marble steps which was a little odd. Our luggage consisted of 2 x 24 kg suit cases a pram in 2 parts a car seat and 3 items of large hand luggage. I had to make 3 trips back and forth to the lobby to carry our luggage up as well as trying to console a crying baby and NOT ONCE was i offered any help or the service of a porter.

Once in the room I called the reception to see if they could send up 2 large empty glasses which I was told I would be charged £5 for this service so I went to the bar myself to collect them, free of charge.

I asked the staff behind the counter why they did not answer the phone when I was calling from the airport and they just said they were busy however when we arrived the place was empty. I also asked about the shuttle bus that was advertised and I was told that the reception attendant would have to speak to the manager about it as they do not have this service even though it is advertised on the website and he would come back to me that night about a refund on our taxi. This did not happen !!

The following morning I went to the front desk to ask what was happening about the taxi refund and I was told by the same attendant there was nothing they were prepared to do on this matter. I asked to speak to the manager of the hotel, whom was actually standing on the front counter and could easily hear what the complaint was however chose to ignore our conversation.

The receptionist pointed at the manager at the desk and when I introduced myself I was told that "she (that manager) knew of the sitaution and there was nothing they could do for us ". I told the manager of the situation at the airport and the internet advertisment of the shuttle bus and she told me to forward the information onto her and she will sort it out in due course. I had already done this the night before with the receptionist and I had shown him on the website where it was advertised. I told the manager this was wholly unacceptable and that I would be complaining directly to Best Western. At this point the manger then offered us a complimentary taxi to the airport and I was told that the web site should not say shuttle service and that they would get it taken off the site. I asked about the refund for the first taxi fare and I was told she would have to speak to her senior manager and see if they could refund the charge. I then went to my room and had to make another 3 trips downstairs to the lobby with my cases and once again no help was offered !!! I was going to bring my glasses down from the previous evening and ask for a £5 delivery charge but I did not !!

It is now the 12th Jan and still the website advertises the non-existent shuttle service and I have also recieved an email from the manager telling me that they provided a complimentary taxi for us and if we require further assistance then please get in touch. So they are not willing to refund the taxi fare .

Basically we arrived to a non-existent shuttle service as advertised , which is to my mind is faudulent. We were then told our booking was not processed however they told me that the system was down that day however I had made the booking 3 days earlier , and then we had to carry all our luggage and screaming baby around the hotel without any help from staff, and ontop of all that the manager refusing to help until told we would complain to the Best Western direct.

In my opinion this is by far the worst customer service I have EVER received at a hotel supposedly of a high calibre. I would STRONGLY URGE future customers of this hotel NEVER to book here. If you are thinking of booking here please go buy a tent and a bus ticket. As this hotel not only falsely advertises but it blantantly wants to keep ripping off customers.

What should have happened was a full re-fund of taxi fares and a bottle of bubbly sent to the room for any inconvenience caused by either :

No bus service as advertised.
Not having our booking.
Not answering the telephone for 20 mins with an empty reception area.
No help with baggage.
Being stranded at the airport with a 6 month old baby.

I will let the manager pick which one she would think a PAYING GUEST should be responsible for.

We will never stay in another Best Western Hotel again !!!! DISGUSTING !!!

SHAMBLES OF A HOTEL , SHAMBLES OF SERVICE AND EVEN WORSE MANAGEMENT !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow? Share your experiences!