“Great hotel and fantastic accommodation” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great West Road 449, Hounslow TW5 0BU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Delhi
“Great hotel and fantastic accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had to stay here after my flight was cancelled. Accidentally got the booking, but when came to hotel was pleasantly surprised with the plush interior and very nice staff. Rooms were a pure delight, well thought of each and every aspect of a international traveller. Beds are huge and one of the most comfortable I have slept on. By the time I went for breakfast it was over but staff very delightfully offered me a cooked breakfast in the lounge. Next time I visit London will make it a point to stay here.

Room Tip: Try book the top floor, they have great views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

After having read the reviews (especially relating to the staff and service) I was dreading my stay here. Booked here as a colleague was also staying here. But the staff turned out to very competent. Stayed there three nights during the week I was in the UK.

Pros: Location is great, very close to Heathrow; take the Piccadilly line to Osterley and then cross the street to take H91 bus 2 stops to the hotel or walk (about 7-8 minutes). Rooms are very spacious, bathrooms must be the largest in any budget/mid-range English hotel and the staff were very helpful.

Cons: Restaurant is horrible and there are really no eating places nearby other than takeout; which may be OK if that is what you are looking for. WiFi (free) is absolutely unusable and if you are on business this can turn out to be a no-go. There can be some noise - but it wasn't as bad as some of the other reviewers made it out to be.

All in all for a hotel with rooms priced at GBP 75 and 20 minutes on to LHR (tube and walk) this is a great option.

Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here after being transferred from another hotel due to their rooms being out of action. The hotel has only been open 3 months so it’s new and clean. The room was very comfortable and clean, it was also well equipped. The bed was very nice, large and very comfortable. The hotel was a little noisy due to a load of teenagers staying at the same time. I had food in the hotel restaurant, which unfortunately was not to the same standard as the rest of the hotel. It cost nearly £18 for Chicken Curry, Rice and Chips, I was never offered any desert (in fact there was none on the menu) the waitress serving me disappeared after giving me my food and was never seen again. Service in the restaurant was poor, food was okay. Overall a nice hotel for Heathrow travellers with good facilities in great order, but the restaurant needs some attention to detail.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We booked this hotel for 2 nights as we were going to a concert in Twickenham.

It was booked in April before it was actually open and, although we knew that there was limited parking at the time, when we checked the website before or visit we realised there would be a £50 charge for our 2 day stay so we decided it would be cheaper to get the train down.

We got the tube to Hounslow central late at night and had a 10 - 15 minute walk to the hotel. We felt a little intimidated as we did not know the area and it was so late at night. The directions on the website could have been better. We later found the walk from Osterly tube station was much better.

Check in was ok - nothing special!

The room was very nice and clean. It had a large bed, flat screen tv, fridge and wifi. Everything was brand new.

Breakfast was ok but being used to premier inn standards, we found the food was limited and there wasn't much choice.

The restaurant menu was ok and we had an enjoyable meal in the hotel.

The service in the hotel was functional. Although we had no problems the staff lacked enthusiasm.

Would I stay there again? Probably not. Mainly because of the location of the hotel.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Never stayed at this hotel before - booked through last minute.com and the package at less than £ 70/night was good value for money. The hotel is easy to find but working out how to get into car park is not easy at all and it took me several loops of the local area to finally make it! Not many car parking spaces - but I stayed for 4 nights and did not have a problem parking. The reception was very noisy with a large party obviously having just arrived. Check-in was efficient but was almost completely non-verbal! After giving my name the staff member just presented me with a card to complete, without saying anything at all other than the room number when handing me the key card! The rooms are really good - as mentioned by other reviews - very comfortable bed and very quiet (especially as my room overlooked main road). The main disappointment of the hotel was the really patchy customer service. Some staff were great - but others were just appalling, non-verbal and unhelpful! I didn't have any particular problems during my stay but was not confident that if I did they would be addressed. The food in the restaurant is OK - but a very limited range and the ambience definitely needs work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lancaster
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have to say that the rooms really were luxury, massive beds, flat screen tv, it was all very much worth the money.

However, i had a serious issue with the staff. None of the spoke very much English and even then their English was not very clear. They all seriously lacked customer service skills.
Upon checking in the woman did not greet us, she did not welcome us to the hotel. She simply asked for my card to make a payment, which I questioned why it was £30. She tried to explain (which was hard as she had very little English) and we managed to understand that it was a "pre-payment" and apparently we would pay the rest at the end of the stay. I was perfectly happy with this as my partner and I had put aside enough money for our trip.The woman then simply gave us the keys, did not wish us a good stay, direct us to when to go to our room or what floor we were on.

Upon checking out the gentleman asked for my card and i paid for the parking and drinks we had. I had assumed that the rest of the room would come out soon as we had checked out. Once again there was a lack of customer service, no 'did you enjoy your vist' or 'have a safe journey home'
We then we to leave back to the North and went to fill up with petrol where we found the card was declined, very humiliating!
We called the hotel to be told that the pre-payment was not part payment of our room but instead was a payment that would be given back to us in 24 hours. The man was not apologetic at all about the situation. I asked for the managers name and he simply said the manager was not in, i said that i just wanted to know the managers name. He then passed us on the someone else who 'claimed' to be the manager and even then he did not apologise.
24 hours passed and the money had not gone in so we called up again. The woman said again that it would be 24 hours, then she went to check and turned out it was 3-4 working days.

I am not happy with what happened at all and it ruined what had been a lovely weekend in London. I will not stay here again until their customer service skills are seriously improved and i will contacted customer service in regard to this issue as i was left in a very awkard situation.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Arrived at this hotel in the afternoon having booked the night before through lastminute.com
Was told by reception staff that my booking had not come through. I had origionally booked and prepaid for a quad suite, which would accomodate 4 people, was told at reception that they hadnt received my booking, but they will accomodate me (so they should as I had already paid!) I was asked to sit in the lobby while they sorted the issue for around 20 minutes! I was then told that they did not have any Quad rooms in the hotel (not sure if this was fault of Lastminute.com or the hotel for wrongly advertising)! they were able to give me two double rooms next to each other, which was fine and I was assured that this was infact more expensive but that they would not charge me (not so sure about that)!
Anyway, after all the issues were evertually sorted, we arrived at our rooms. The rooms were beautiful! comfy and modern, was very happy here, and the showers were amazing, rainfall shower was something special! The staff were helpfull in the end, as when I popped outside for a cigarette I asked where I could get some Ice, and they assured my they would bring some to the room, which indeed they did in record time (and didnt charge a tray/service charge) as most hotels do!
All in all we had a loevly stay!
Came home the next week to find a charge of £12 on my credit card for which I could not accout for though and had not way of resolving this issue!

Room Tip: As for a room toward the back of the hotel, as traffic noise from the greatwest road out front could...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Grand London Heathrow? Share your experiences!