“Pre-flight dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oriel Grande Brasserie

Oriel Grande Brasserie
Unit R3017 Airside | Heathrow Terminal 3, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 1QG, England
0208 564 8715
Dining options: Breakfast
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Pre-flight dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Chose this restaurant for a pre-flight dinner. There was no queue and we were seated immediately. There were plenty of choices on the menu. I chose a fishcake with wilted spinach and poached egg with a side order of fries. This was delivered very quickly by our waitress who was friendly and efficient.

Would not hesitate to eat here again.

• Visited November 2013

Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Full in English in a French Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was looking for a full English in T3 on a Sunday moning and hought I'd risk Oriel, the French Brasserie. It was suprisingly good, cheaper and faster to get seated than Rhubarb and breakfast was with sauted potatoes served on the side which was a nice touch. Would have liked to be offered a coffee refill but this wasn't really a problem. Give it a go for brekkie!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Firstly the positives, it is nicely decorated and easy to find inside terminal3.
Now the negatives....the biggest of which is that you would think a restaurant inside an airport terminal would be quick on service knowing their clientele have flights to catch and therefore would be up against a time deadline? Wouldn't you?
Sat down, ordered after a wait...the another twenty minute wait before being to.d the bottle of red wine we had ordered was unavailable. A second choice...unavailable...thus had to order the most expensive on the list...oh yes that one was available.
Eventually it arrived.
But no steak...then the steak came...where are the French fries?
Five minutes later they arrived...steak by now cold...and as it goes a bit on the tough and gristly side despite being expensive.
I won't be returning in a hurry, ver disappointing.
Service slow, food overpriced, nil points from me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Disastrous Lunch with a manager’s twist!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

On one of my travels I walked into Oriel and ordered a calamari salad. The salad came, but it was so spicy that I could not bare to take a second fork to it! I asked the waitress over, and surly enough before I could say anything, it turned out that she know the problem. There had been other complaints about this dish. Anyway, I ordered a Sole Lemonade instead. Now for those that do cook ( I know the manageress doesn’t!) it take about 10-15 minutes to prepare a similar dish. Instead I waited, and waited for 30 minutes for a very simple dish of Sole and boiled potatoes that looked very sorry.
My food experience was matched by the discussion I had with the manager of the restaurant. I wanted to disucss my experience with her, and I started by asking if she had ever visited a French themed restaurant that served spicy food like a Curry house. The reply was a simple “No”. But then she began to complain about the Head Chef! Her reason for he spicy salad was “ The head chef designed it that way”. It got even better when i questioned why I had to wait 30 minutes for a simple dish. The reply was it takes that long, and at some point in the conversation she said she did not know the details cause she does not cook. Why would a restaurant hire a manager that does not cook?
I’ll be trying other restaurants when I’m at Heathrow...

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“An Airport Treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Oriel is snuck in a corner of Terminal Three - a French style brasserie with an Eastern European staff in a busy part of one of the world's busiest airports is a recipe for disaster and yet the Oriel is anything but. We usually stop off for a drink before catching our flight but this time we ate - a burger ordered without tomato came as requested and my steak et frites also came as ordered (medium rare, thank you).

Everything was just what it said on the box - service helpful and friendly, food just fine and dandy - not madly expensive, perfectly fine and an enjoyable experience made all the more enjoyable because it's so unexpected to find a haven like this in the frenetic, expensive hassle and impersonal bustle of a big airport.

• Visited August 2013