“Give if a miss. Better hotels just as close to the airport (without the noise)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Master Robert Hotel

Save Saved
You added Master Robert Hotel to your Saves list
Master Robert Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   366 Great West Road, Hounslow TW5 0BD, England   |
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Wellington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Terrible rooms. Single glazed and planes were so close overhead people were waving to me through the windows. Was staying in a single room at the top of the hotel. Twin rooms in the main building are better (stayed twice thanks to my company)

• Stayed October 2012
BadriSathya, Manager at Master Robert Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
First of all we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We always try our level best to satisfy our guest needs, we constantly strive to improve the quality and surroundings of the hotel and the areas you mention are planned to be improved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had experience of excellent hospitality. Since close to Heathrow Airport, this hotel is a convenient stay. The staff is friendly and concerning to your needs and luggage. I liked the breakfast and the hotel's location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Chloe,

Thanks for the great feedback. We are happy to know that we made your stay enjoyable. As you mentioned our hotel is so well located near Heathrow with easy access all over London. Once again thank you so much for valuable comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

It is a 2* property very close to Heathrow & well connected by public transport. There is H91 bus stop right outside the hotel & it can drop you to Osterly tube station (piccadely line) in 2 stops. The rooms & hotel are basic but the breakfast is reall nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Adi,

Thanks a lot for taking time to let us know your valuable comments. Our location is an added advantage near Heathrow with easy transportation to London as you mentioned. We always maintain our spacious rooms clean and comfortable for all our guest to have a memorable stay with us.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After having an extremely late night we arrived at this hotel, the male receptionist/night porter was not Welcoming nor polite on our arrival- especially when he couldnt find our reservation considering we gave him our paperwork. Anyway after that encounter we then went to our "Bates Hotel Room" the bathroom was uninviting and the room very very dated, the room was located outside it was very noisey from other residences returning to their rooms.

The only positive was breakfast in the morning and an express check-out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BadriSathya, Manager at Master Robert Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for letting us know of your recent experience at the hotel. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay in our hotel.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and actions have already been taken. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
South Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Listen ! I paid less than 60 pounds for this room for one night. That normally gives you access to a dog kennel for the night in London !! It is very convenient for London Heathrow Airport, being about 4 miles away. It is on the flight path, with some loud noise from some planes. These do not go through the night though. I think between about 23.00 and 06.00 was relatively plane noise free. I certainly slept through that time. The bathroom had signs of mould around the bath taps. The bedroom had an unusual stale smell.The bed was comfortable. Bed linen and towels etc were all clean and well laundered. The staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurant meal was OK. Nothing special, but it was fine. I'm not too sure I'd stay here again. A Premier Inn is about 30 pounds more expensive. and I think I would probably pay that extra next time. Premier Inns are well maintained and clean, and the Master Robert looks tired and in need of some money spending on it. But for what I paid, it was OK. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff were it's best point.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Chief,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I regret to hear that we haven't met some of your expectations.

Our team strive to deliver the highest levels of personal service and I am delighted that we took special care of you. Thanks for special mention of our friendly staff. We are looking forward to accommodate you again to have a pleasant stay in our hotel.
Kansas City, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's high time that the hotel management decides to raze this hotel and build a more modern hotel on the huge site of land available to them.

In my bid to move closer to my work place on Great West Road, I checked out from an excellent hotel in Heathrow and moved to Master Robert Hotel in Hounslow, a decision that I certainly regretted for all of my 8 day stay there.

What's good :

1. Honestly speaking, nothing ! It's an old hotel, probably a family run business that is in desperate need of capital, upgrade and modernization. If I were to stretch and must say something good, I'll probably give it points for its location.

What's NOT good :

I could write pages on this, but will try to be as short as possible here. This hotel probably was an AWESOME hotel about 20-30 yrs ago, but it has failed to evolve with time. To experience time travel, please check into this hotel and see what hotels were like in 1980s.

1.Service is super shoddy - I was furious when I saw the room and called the reception. I was told that "the hotel is fullly booked for the next 8 days" (basically the term of my stay). At night I counted the number of rooms with lights on at 8-9 pm .. the hotel was hardly 30% occupied.

I needed an Iron and Ironing board, but they wouldn't deliver one to the room. Had to go to the reception and carry it myself in the rain. The room is a good 300-400 feet from the reception. On top of it, they asked for a deposit on the iron .
Yeah right, as if I'm going to steal the cheap 7 quid ASDA Iron and the rickety ironing board.

2. No Wi-fi : In theory, they do have something that's available only in the hotel reception. Reception was some 300 ft away from my room and they've not bothered to make it available everywhere.

3. ZERO security : Hounslow isn't one of the best addresses in London and this hotel offers no security at all. Anyone can come all the way to your room (thankfully rooms have locks !). The main doors are supposed to be locked and can be opened by electronic cards (your room keys), but I soon realized that the readers are just fixtures with no role to play. I wonder if the C
CCTV cameras are also dummy.

Thanks to its terrible reputation, the guests staying here also aren't the 'best in class' !

4. Rooms have an old, musty smell and feel to them. Furniture and bed feel like it's been there forever . Carpets have a musty smell to them and feel almost damp to your bare feet.
Rooms have a very old, wierd lighting that you don't see these days anywhere.

5. Bathrooms are a must see... very old, oddly designed bathrooms that have no place in today's times. The heating there hardly works.

6. Rooms don't have ceiling fans or an AC - all you'll get is a small noisy table fan that'll drive you nuts in a few hours' time.

7. TVs are junk - Small 14" CRTs - Common guys, the whole world has moved to LED / LCD /Plasma.. basically any flat panel technology that suits your pocket. But Master Robert has decided to preserve those 14" fat TVs as museum displays. My laptop probably has a bigger screen than them.
The Remotes don't work, and they are attached to the most useless set-top boxes I've ever seen. If you MUTE the set-top box, none of the functions work :D

8. The rooms are NOT CHEAP - I thought that such a pathetic hotel would atleast be cheap. No, absolutely not sir ! Our rates are just as high as all swanky hotels in town, but we are just 30 yrs behind them in service.

9. Breakfast spread is very limited. Hardly have options out here. No fresh cut fruits, we'll only serve you canned juice.

10. If you open the room windows, you'll not be able to sleep at all. This hotel is in direct flight path for one of the Heathrow run-ways. You'll not be able to sleep if you open the windows; you'll suffocate to death if you keep them closed. Thanks to the musty smell.

I guess you've got the message by now :). So I'll stop here and not write anymore. Please stay away from this hotel to preserve your sanity and spend your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. No room can be a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Victor,

Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed review. I regret to hear that we haven't met your expectations, we always try our level best to satisfy our guest needs. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

We assure the issues you have raised will be addressed soon. We are looking forward to accommodate you again to have a pleasant stay in our hotel in the near future.
Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed there for a night before a long-haul flight to Miami. The hotel has good car access and the staff were very nice. The receptionist got me a discount on the taxi to the airport. I also enjoyed the pub since I had nothing to do the night before my flight!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BadriSathya, Manager at Master Robert Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Mauro,

Thanks for the great feedback. Our parking is great advantage for people who drive to London to travel from heathrow airport. Our park and fly packages is very attractive for all our guest which is available in our hotel website.

I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again on future occasions. I shall be passing your comments to our staff. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Been to Master Robert Hotel? Share your experiences!