It's high time that the hotel management decides to raze this hotel and build a more modern hotel on the huge site of land available to them.
In my bid to move closer to my work place on Great West Road, I checked out from an excellent hotel in Heathrow and moved to Master Robert Hotel in Hounslow, a decision that I certainly regretted for all of my 8 day stay there.
What's good :
1. Honestly speaking, nothing ! It's an old hotel, probably a family run business that is in desperate need of capital, upgrade and modernization. If I were to stretch and must say something good, I'll probably give it points for its location.
What's NOT good :
I could write pages on this, but will try to be as short as possible here. This hotel probably was an AWESOME hotel about 20-30 yrs ago, but it has failed to evolve with time. To experience time travel, please check into this hotel and see what hotels were like in 1980s.
1.Service is super shoddy - I was furious when I saw the room and called the reception. I was told that "the hotel is fullly booked for the next 8 days" (basically the term of my stay). At night I counted the number of rooms with lights on at 8-9 pm .. the hotel was hardly 30% occupied.
I needed an Iron and Ironing board, but they wouldn't deliver one to the room. Had to go to the reception and carry it myself in the rain. The room is a good 300-400 feet from the reception. On top of it, they asked for a deposit on the iron .
Yeah right, as if I'm going to steal the cheap 7 quid ASDA Iron and the rickety ironing board.
2. No Wi-fi : In theory, they do have something that's available only in the hotel reception. Reception was some 300 ft away from my room and they've not bothered to make it available everywhere.
3. ZERO security : Hounslow isn't one of the best addresses in London and this hotel offers no security at all. Anyone can come all the way to your room (thankfully rooms have locks !). The main doors are supposed to be locked and can be opened by electronic cards (your room keys), but I soon realized that the readers are just fixtures with no role to play. I wonder if the C
CCTV cameras are also dummy.
Thanks to its terrible reputation, the guests staying here also aren't the 'best in class' !
4. Rooms have an old, musty smell and feel to them. Furniture and bed feel like it's been there forever . Carpets have a musty smell to them and feel almost damp to your bare feet.
Rooms have a very old, wierd lighting that you don't see these days anywhere.
5. Bathrooms are a must see... very old, oddly designed bathrooms that have no place in today's times. The heating there hardly works.
6. Rooms don't have ceiling fans or an AC - all you'll get is a small noisy table fan that'll drive you nuts in a few hours' time.
7. TVs are junk - Small 14" CRTs - Common guys, the whole world has moved to LED / LCD /Plasma.. basically any flat panel technology that suits your pocket. But Master Robert has decided to preserve those 14" fat TVs as museum displays. My laptop probably has a bigger screen than them.
The Remotes don't work, and they are attached to the most useless set-top boxes I've ever seen. If you MUTE the set-top box, none of the functions work :D
8. The rooms are NOT CHEAP - I thought that such a pathetic hotel would atleast be cheap. No, absolutely not sir ! Our rates are just as high as all swanky hotels in town, but we are just 30 yrs behind them in service.
9. Breakfast spread is very limited. Hardly have options out here. No fresh cut fruits, we'll only serve you canned juice.
10. If you open the room windows, you'll not be able to sleep at all. This hotel is in direct flight path for one of the Heathrow run-ways. You'll not be able to sleep if you open the windows; you'll suffocate to death if you keep them closed. Thanks to the musty smell.
I guess you've got the message by now :). So I'll stop here and not write anymore. Please stay away from this hotel to preserve your sanity and spend your money elsewhere.
Stay away from this hotel. No room can be a good room in this hotel.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
August 20, 2013
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed review. I regret to hear that we haven't met your expectations, we always try our level best to satisfy our guest needs. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay.
We assure the issues you have raised will be addressed soon. We are looking forward to accommodate you again to have a pleasant stay in our hotel in the near future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.