“Fine.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fine.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and never had a problem and quite simply do not recognise it from some of the negative reviews. They must be staying in a completely different part of the hotel from me. I will agree that some of the decor is dated but in my room at least it has always been clean and on this last visit they were in the process of replacing the carpets so money is being spent.
Plenty of car parking on site and again I have always felt quite comfortable about leaving my car there. You do have to pay £5 a night for the parking but that is waived if you spend £15 in the bar/restaurant or the pub next door. Incidentally the pub next door is part of the hotel and serves food at a very reasonable price. It is also very friendly with an exceptonally efficient barmaid named Nikki, so efficient you may well end up having 2 or 3 drinks more than you intended......
Every member of staff I have ever spoken to speaks perfect English, it may on occasion be with an accent but I have never had a problem understanding anyone.
The very first time I stayed there I was rudely awakened by what sounded like a plane landing directly on top of the hotel but that was several years ago and I have never had that since. The flight path is adjusted throughout the day so it is never a constant thing anyway. Its just the luck of the draw I suppose but being so close to the airport you have to accept some noise I would say.
Check in and out was no problem and our reservation was handled very well. Thanks Joanna.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

My partner and myself stayed in October for 2 nights as we were seeing a show in London.
Room was very big, plenty of plug sockets which is good for me.
Decor a little dated but not really an issue!
Room was clean and we had fresh towels.
When outside the noise from the planes is a little off putting but once in the room not not a problem, hardly heard it and certainly didn't disturb us.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant and pub on site, the food was lovely and good value. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice.
Would Definatly stay again! Very good value for money!

• Stayed October 2012
bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my daughter and family They were attending a family celebration and did,t get back to the hotel till very late the staff were extremely helpful with the buggy and children . The room was a good size family good and clean. The breakfast was also good

• Stayed October 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I liked my stay at the master Robert, the only thing was, I woke up every morning as the first plain flew over (around 6 am). And that was the only thing I didn't like.
All other was great.
Thanks very much for making my stay so pleasant.
Have a great day
Fauzia

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Have stayed at the Master Robert several times and am finding out more each time. I needed to get to London and although the walk to the Osterley Park tube station is only 20 minutes, found out that the H91 bus that goes to Hammersmith stops outside the hotel as well as the tube station. The off peak travel card just need Zones 1 to 4 to get to Central London, and the card is good for buses as well as the tube. So as well as a great room with a fridge which is unusual in London, the place is very well located for Central London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had a fab time, after euro gamer, got there the motel style was quiet good considering I was expecting something else :s food was nice,staff was helpful and polite, room was clean and loads of space, yeah down fall when you look out of the window there a plane flying over ever few seconds, but what do you expect only being a few minutes from Heathrow, close to the tube 15 min walk depending can be quicker or slower :) but yeah for the price and location I can't see why ppl complain, isn't the saying pay for what you get seeing as our room only cost 35quid, I was expecting crap but it wasn't would go back :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay here before my long flight to Indonesia. My room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. Of course there are hotels that have better services to the airport. but if you are on a budget it's fine. The tube station (to get to Heathrow) is a 20-25 minute walk from the hotel but there are buses. Do not on any account get a London taxi from the airport to the hotel because they are a total rip off and they charge whatever figure that comes into their heads and then double it. I am almost ashamed to admit I'm British when I see visitors to my own country being treated in this way by our London taxi drivers.
The hotel's bar and restaurant were good and all the staff were very polite and helpful. I strongly recommend this hotel to people on a budget.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Master Robert Hotel? Share your experiences!