“not the best,but good value” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
bolton
“not the best,but good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

stayed at this hotel overnight on organised show trip and was,in general impressed with the standards of service and cleanliness of this hotel.Our rooms were spotless and well equipped,the staff well organised and pleasant and the facilities first-class.However,moving to the food,best described as conveyor belt catering and the price of an evening drink way over the top.Better to go out for these.O.K.as overnight stop but no more.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

Rooms were very clean and lobby was very beautiful. Front desk was very helpful. Large business center with cheap internet access

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed here for a night before flying out to the Far East. I got a really good deal as it included 15 nights on-premises free parking. The room was quite a good size ,which is unusual for a Hotel in this area. The check in was fast and efficient and the staff were very helpful.
But when eating out in the evening we did not want to pay hotel prices, so on a tip from one of the staff we walked to a pub ( quite a long walk of around 1.5 km) but it was truly worth the effort. I am not a fan of English Pub food but this was really exceptional . The menu was extensive and when I say that we were both full up by the end of the meal would be an understatement. The cost was around £35 including a couple of drinks!.
The Pub is called The Pheasant, it is at the top of New Road off of the Bath Road. (If you choose the Spare Ribs they even give you a finger bowl with a slice of lemon in it, how good is that!!)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Kent, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on a park and stay deal at the end of May prior to a flight to Athens from Terminal 5. It actually worked out cheaper than parking alone (we like to park as near to the airport as possible) and saved us having to get up at a daft time in the morning (we were travelling from Kent). On arrival at the hotel, we were struck by the bubbly, friendly and professional nature of the lovely young lady on reception.

Our room was small but very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a delight as was the bed which was lovely and comfortable with starched white sheets. I have had a slipped disc so beds can be a bone of contention - I woke up pain free knowing that it was only a short journey to the airport.

We had our meal at the nearby Pheasant pub. The meal was huge and very tasty but it was a pity that they did not serve any real ales with the meal.

We booked a taxi to T5 as we were taking an early flight and we did not want any hassle. The fare was £13.00 and the driver was very pleasant. On the way back we managed to get a Heathrow Hoppa which was very good and again, had a very pleasant and friendly driver.

On our holiday, we had all of our money stolen (be very careful at Athens airport) and lost our parking ticket but the man on the desk, when we returned, was very sympathetic and again confirmed the qualities of this hotel. Our car was also safe and sound. I would definitely recommend it as a great place to stay if you are travelling from Heathrow.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Belfast, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Stayed in this hotel last year before catching a flight the next day. The runway view is a nice extra, but the excellent food, particularly the breakfast, and the luxurious surroundings impressed me first time round.

This time, the service wasn't quite as good, but the biggest difference was the breakfast...much less choice from the buffet.

A bit pricier than the competition round the airport too...

Still, a nice place to spend the first night of your holiday.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

great hotel.
only negative is the substantial noise from the aircraft and the car alarms set off as a result!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Global Citizen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was thoroughly disspointed to have stayed here. I often stay at Marriott properties and by far in my years of travel this is the worst one in their brand.
Stayed here 3 nights. At check in there was only one person and no elite or preferred line. It took forever! When I asked for a 2nd key I surprised at my answer, "we are running low on keys," WHAT?? A major hotel chain??? hhmmm
I was in the "upgraded" concierge level room. I dont know what was the 'upgraded' portion, I would hate to see a regular room. It was so small and cramped I think La Quinta Rooms are double the size! The hallway leading to my bed and the bathroom and closet was no wider than an airplane isle! No kidding!
It was so cramped in there that for the first time in my life I felt claustrophobic, I have been in small rooms in Japan but never something this cramped! The bath tub was so narrow I'm not sure it could fit a full size adult. I didn't attemp to bathe either. Through the virtual concierge at Marriott.com I ordered extra towels and feather pillows a few days before. I was greeted with no towels at all and no extra pillows. There was a robe and some slippers on my bed but the robe looked so OLD, it was so thin from a lot of wash and wear.. it must have been a few years old.
During my morning shave I noticed there was no cold water in the sink, it was scalding hot! I wrote a maintenance repair order you hang outside your door. The next day it was on the floor as if the maid had just tossed it to the floor. I did it again the next day and also called the front desk. Next day the same thing. I complained to the front desk and again by the 3rd day I was used to getting cold water from the shower instead. When I checked out I complained and they only said, "sorry." I showed them my dated repair slip which was never acknowledged!
I also forgot to mention that they pre authorized 4 times the amount of my stay on my credit card. They preauthorized 2,376 pounds for a 3 night stay! That averages about $1200 a night when my rate was less than 200 pounds a night. I complained and I got the machine does it automatically when they run it so even if I was maxed out on my card and couldnt use it, all they could say is sorry. I feel like I am just rambling now but there are more things about this experience that I am now hating to recall. I will just say that this hotel should have a 2 star rating and not cbear The Renaissance name on it.

• Liked — The weekend breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!