“A bed shop” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Nottingham England
“A bed shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is situated between the Bath Road and the runway. Despite this there was no noise. It was built in the 1970s and is undergoing extension and refurbishment. As a consequence the outside looks a little rundown but the reception area is smart and modern.
We were given a refurbished room on the ground floor but this was about a 100 yards walk from reception with luggage which is a record distance for us. The room itself was fine for an airport hotel but it is just a bed shop. In addition, we had to negotiate about 10 trays of dirty crockery from room service in the long corridor. After 2 complaints, they were cleared.
We had some food in the bar and this was extremely expensive and poor. The car park virtually surrounds the hotel. There is a bus to the airport but you have to pay.
There are better hotels around Heathrow.

Room Tip: Somewhere near reception or there is a long walk
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I needed to have a hotel in close proximity to Heathrow and made the mistake of booking at this hotel. I cannot believe that this is actually part of a chain like Marriott. It is probably one of the worst places I have ever stayed in (and there have been more than a few over the years!)
From the check in (although I am Marriott Gold there was no indication in the record - booked online with all my profile details!)
My room was literally 10 minutes away from the elevator - through corridor after corridor of smelly carpet that was in the midst of renovation. The room was totally substandard and I requested that the management move me to the type of accommodation I had booked and paid for - a king bed with superior amenities. As I had a dinner engagement I left my luggage in the room (after almost 20 minutes of waiting on line for the customer service desk to agree to move me).
The desk personnel all appear to lack training - the young lady who checked me in took twice as long as normal and could not seem to understand English.
When I returned to the hotel the front desk staff confirmed that I had been allocated a new room - however they still needed to move my bags! I was given a couple of complimentary drink passes but as the lobby bar had such a bad smell it was not worth spending any time there. There is obviously something really wrong with the hotel - it is being renovated but should have been totally closed down during this process. The bad smell in the lobby is common through the hotel and I felt quite ill after a restless night sleep - the bathroom was so small I had to open the door to get a little more space while bathing. Take my advice and DO NOT stay at this hotel

Room Tip: do not stay here
Green Features: dirty and smelly - unlikely that they consider the environment as there was a chemical smell through out the hotel
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Couldn't fault this place, excellent value for park and fly. Although the facade looks a little tired, don't be put off. Inside is very luxurious and modern , the rooms are very clean and well furnished and accessorised. The staff are very welcoming and helpful too, with the facility of Wi-Fi and free printing. Would definitely stay here again for airport travel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Location - Right by Heathrow airport with buses to all terminals
Property - Not got kerb appeal - An ugly grey boxy building outside however once inside it is lovely open design with modern fresh decor
Rooms - Our room was very quiet and comfortable. It looked like it had been recently upgraded and it was faultless in decor, space and bathroom
Facilities - Small shop, prebookable Hoppa bus, screens with air departures/arrivals
Staff - Friendly and efficient in all depts including reception
Food - We went into the smart brasserie restaurant and thought the food was good not outstanding though and highly priced. Service very good there.
Overall - We were very pleased with our room plus parking deal we had here through holiday extras and would definitely book again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a business trip. It was nice to be close to Heathrow. I liked that the bus stops in front of the hotel and you can jump on for free to get back to the terminal where you can catch the underground. The hotel is in the middle of a renovation and probably will be in great shape when it is done. The hotel gym was better than most with a very nice receptionist. Checkin took longer than average but acceptable. The lobby staff were very informative and helped a great deal with my first visit to London. I would not recommend the Starbucks in the lobby as a first choice. Very high prices and the coffee is so-so.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Guest Services M, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor in regards to your recent stay at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel.

I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team members to ensure that we improve on our Check-In efficiency & create a memorable arrival experience. As you noticed, we are currently undergoing a major renovation of our hotel. Once renovated these areas are sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Heathrow.

Cliffton Borges
Reception Manager
Cliftonborges@renaissanceheathrow.co.uk
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel from the outside it looks very 70s but from the inside it looks very modern the room was fantastic warm cosy a nice comfy chit beside the bed means you don't have too sit/lay on the bed to watch TV food was a bit pricey but really nice. Tea and coffee in ur room you would be suprised how many don't these days no water in the fridge tho poor show very helpful and friendly staff infact some of the best customer service I've had in a long while would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
High wycombe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If you are coming here from heathrow airport. Catch a FREE bus 140, 105 and 285. Or if you catch the hotel coach it will cost you £4.50. I like the gym very much. Its has steam room and sauna room. Also got a Apple for Free. Nice big towels. You will need £1 for the locker. I also did the hot yoga class with lady name sandie cost only a fiver class lasts 1 Hours 40 mins.
Would I come back? Yes.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!