“undergoing revovations upfront” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
marietta GA
“undergoing revovations upfront”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

STayed here for quick overnight layover - was only in the property for 6 hours or so, but here is my take..

PROS:
very close to terminals - first stop on Hoopa bus coming out and last pick up going into terminals so quickest choice
24 hour (best i can tell) concierge was very helpful
bar onsite was nice and affordable
starbucks in lobby
mcdonalds across street

CONS:
somewhat busy - lots of people all hours (myself included in this) not necessarily a quite hotel overnight at all times.
a little worn in rooms and hallways - scuff marks on walls and such, not horrible and property appeared clean, just a little worn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JanWillem L, Front Office Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Greetings from the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel.

First of all please allow me to thank you for the kind words about our Concierge service and such positive comments will help them to maintain the levels expected from them. We have been receiving so much positive feedback about them in the recent months that they are really making the hotel proud.

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay; however, I know that on your next stay that it could be an even more memorable visit.

Our hotel currently is undergoing a complete refurbishment, including installation of new air-conditioning and WIFI services. All bedrooms are to receive new bathrooms and will be newly designed with 39” LCD screens. Our bar and restaurant areas have also be re-designed and we are excited to be repositioning the hotel to be fully worthy of the Renaissance brand.

Furthermore, I am please to inform you that our first batch of new rooms were opened these week, and our all new Club Lounge will follow next week. This is really showing the exciting future ahead for us!

We hope that one day you will be able to share the new exciting changes with us.
If you ever wish any assistance or plan to visit London again in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a call.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

As a frequent flier and a Platinum member, I have reviewed many Marriotts before, from a business trip perspective (having to stay over 300 nights a year on average due to my work commitments).

I stayed here for the convenience of the airport. Even though renovations were taking place in the hotel at the time of my stay, there were no changes made to any of the services provided and it was quite unnoticeable that any works were taking place. This was probably due to the excellent management containing and orchestrating the works schedule in the hotel. I cannot fault a single thing. From Magday Kamel (Front Desk) helping to select the perfect room for me - (every room is modern and spacious, and the beds are so comfortable, excellent mattresses)

It was just what I was looking for, to the smiling faces of every staff member on our arrival. Who all make an effort to make sure everything is perfect for your stay, nothing is too much to ask for! I was kindly shown to my room and baggage brought in and up to my room. Once the doors opened and I saw the fantastic executive suite, spotless and sparkling. It was so well received and definitely a cut above the normal standard i have grown to expect.

Added to this was the welcome package. I spent the first couple of hours just enjoying the room and freshening up after the long flight from Houston! I then had some delicious wine and snacks in the bar area, the day happened to be quite hot, so chilled drinks in an air conditioned bar with a conducive bartender was bliss!

The overall experience was so special and I could not wish anything to have been better about the hotel, my room or the service I received! It is such a gem of a find among Marriott Hotels. I think it speaks volumes that I stay here with work all week and STILL want to come back at the weekends! You will not be disappointed with this wonderful hotel and the staff! I am planning to set up a term contract for all our inbound staff and colleagues who come to London to ensure they stay with this hotel.

Room Tip: Consult with Magday Kamel (Front Desk) to discuss what kind of room you wish to stay in...

Just perfect for the travelling Businessman and even better if you have a spare week or more to spare, Great stay, best staff, will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for Magday Kamel
Green Features: It is great that Marriott is consciously attempting to reduce its impact on the environment. It is always welcomed for large chains to incorporate an effort to improve the environment.
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

An old hotel being refurbished, yet the rooms were acceptable for overnight stay before catching a morning flight. Both reception staff and concierge staff were very helpful and interested in good customer service. Much to be desired for an upscale hotel, but acceptable accommodation.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JanWillem L, Front Office Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Greetings from the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback for your recent stay with us at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel.

First of all please allow me to thank you for the kind words about our staffs service and such positive comments will help them to maintain the levels expected from them.

With regards to the current appearance of certain areas within the hotel, including our bedrooms, we do recognise that these do not meet the standards that can be expected when residing in a Marriott branded hotel.

As you are aware, our hotel currently is undergoing a complete refurbishment, including installation of new air-conditioning and WIFI services. All bedrooms are to receive new bathrooms and will be newly designed with 39” LCD screens. Our bar and restaurant areas have also be re-designed and we are excited to be repositioning the hotel to be fully worthy of the Renaissance brand.

Burford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Dated, dreary and depressing. Seemed to be full of airline crews from 3rd world airlines and delayed passengers; in other words very few guests had actually chosen to stay here. Service at the overpriced restaurant was lackadaisical and the food mediocre. The utterly indifferent staff were just watching the clock and ignoring the guests. Beds were awful with the mattress covered in heavy duty plastic suggesting a hotel that expects it's guest to soil themselves and not caring how badly they sleep. If you want wifi expect to pay £15. No I'm not joking.
The hotel is close to and very convenient for Heathrow. This is its only redeeming feature and the only thing, I suspect, that stops it going bankrupt.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
Greetings from the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel!

I am disappointed to read your comments about our staff service; this is an area which we never compromise. Especially with the fact we have newly reopened our brand new bar and restaurant, our focus or exceeding our guests’ expectations is of the utmost importance.
Your comments have been duly noted by our Food and Beverage management team.

Thank you for your feedback about our WIFI pricing, we listen to all of our guest feedback and bring the points forward to future strategy meetings.

With regards to the property, we are currently undergoing some exciting changes, and we know that if you were to give us another chance in the future that you would have a more memorable stay.

Our first batches of new rooms were opened this week, and our all new Club Lounge will follow next week. This is really showing the exciting future ahead for us!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Externally the Renaissance is different and hides its age very well due to its terraced floors. On my visit the lobby was under going a makeover which wasn't too much of an inconvenience other than it cutting down the space to navigate past the check in desk. Staff were welcoming and friendly and the internal decoration was very clean, professional and bright.

My room was similar to the external impression of the hotel in that it showed some age in style and colour but not in a way which you could take major fault with. It had a bath & shower, big bed and flat screen TV and was very clean. I had breakfast and it was very good with a wide choice including Haggis. Again staff were excellent.

One of the major selling points of the hotel is its close proximity to the airport. In fact very few are or could be closer. The hotel has its own car park but I did not use it. It is also served by the free red London bus service in to Heathrow (105, 111, 140 & 285 are 4 you can use to get too & from Heathrow bus station to the hotel and back for free) with bus stops very close to the hotel and by the hotel hoppa service which costs but takes you to the door.

I would recommend the hotel, its quiet with no major aircraft noise is well appointed and offers very good service. I would say however that given the competition from the multitude of other hotels on Bath Road and at Heathrow in general be careful you don't pay over the odds.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Room was quite small & dated however was clean and pleasant, if not spectacular. I was especially impressed by the concierge Hassan who were helpful, friendly and more than willing to go the extra mile. He arrange for me free shuttle for the indian Resturant it was very nice. Also my taxi & wake up call for the morning.
I had the buffet breakfast at the hotel which was very nice & plentiful.I would recomend to anyone wanting a stay with clean and contempoary rooms, new bar and restaurant and very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Having read all the recent negative reviews on Tripadvisor due to the renovations in full swing at this great location, my hopes were simply for a clean room and rest before trans atlantic flight. I got what I hoped for and so much more.
Room 1190 was quiet despite feeling like I could reach out the window and touch the runway. The bath/ shower worked very well . Yes the interior is very dated ( hence the renovations underway that did not interfere or inconvenience us in any way). In fact the staff went the extra mile with service and some complimentary drinks to make our stay one that I would be happy to repeat.

Room Tip: 1190 worked perfectly well for me.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!