“Good value long term parking and overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
1000 Marriott Rewards bonus points with your stay
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Margate, United Kingdom
“Good value long term parking and overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as offering a good standard room and long term parking while we went on holiday.

The room was very comfortable as was the bed and it was roomy. Cannot comment on food as we left early am to fly.

Only complaint was no alarm call although it had been booked in person on check-in!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your experience with the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel and about the lovely feed back about our associates.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your arrival experience not being anything else but fully satisfactory. Naturally, this is not the impression we would want you or indeed any guests to have of the hotel as it does not reflect the high standards associated with the hotel and its associates.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me for your next stay so I can make sure that you are having an enjoyable stay free of any challenges.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Had no issue with room, bed clean and comfy but bar way overpriced and breakfast a fiasco they just couln't cope.Long long queues for a table, they had to use the tables in the bar for more space, everyone complaining, they ran out of bacon, eggs etc and there were queues waiting for it and food getting cold because there was only one poor chap trying to cook and replenish it all. Had to ask for , milk, butter, bread etc. Floor staff in suit more concerned about drawing curtains as sun was coming in, cooing at a baby and asking people if everything was o.k when he could see it clearly wasn't, than trying to rectify problems. When we told him we weren't happy about it all he couldn't seem to grasp why, even when other people around us joined in. We asked to see someone in charge but after 15 minutes no one came, we had to leave as we had transport waiting. This is not good enough when most people are on a schedule what a let down this is reflected in my rating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our survey and sharing your experience with the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel.

Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for your stay not being anything else but fully satisfactory. Naturally, this is not the impression we would want you or indeed any guests to have of the hotel as it does not reflect the high standards associated with the hotel and its associates.

I am sorry to hear that your breakfast experience was not as expected, as this is an area where we aim to produce high levels of guest satisfaction. Whilst this was a busy period, we always aim to cater to the needs of all of our guests to the highest standard and we will look to address these issues immediately. With regards to seating, we are currently in the process or rennovating the restaurant and bar, and very soon there will be a new spacious bar worthy of the Renaissance brand. I hope one day you may be able to dine within this comfort.

Suzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Extremely dated Renaissance at Heathrow. Clean, but wallpaper falling down and a lot of construction going on here. The internet connection is horriffic and the wifi is just plain frustrating. It took almost an hour to get on the Hoppa bus and over to the Renaissance, so the value is not there. Personally I would rather pay a little more and and stay on site. Breakfast was a passable buffet.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as I had travelled all day and was only interested in catching up on some s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Secondly, please accept my sincere apologies for your stay not being anything else but fully satisfactory. Naturally, this is not the impression we would want you or indeed any guests to have of the hotel as it does not reflect the high standards associated with the hotel.

With regards to the WIFI, please let me apologise for any connection issues, we were in the process of conducting some necessary maintainence and it has now been rectified for high speed usage.

Finally, with regards to the current appearance of certain areas within the hotel, including our bedrooms, we do recognise that these do not meet the standards that can be expected when residing in a Marriott branded hotel and I am delighted to be able to confirm that we have started a comprehensive improvement plan. The hotel is to undergo a complete refurbishment, including installation of new air-conditioning as well as the elevators (mentioned in your comments). All bedrooms are to receive new bathrooms and will be newly designed with 39” LCD screens. Our lobby, bar and restaurant areas will also be re-designed and we are excited to be repositioning the hotel to be fully worthy of the Renaissance brand.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff made this experience positive but the rooms are tired and need updating (our bath had a broken tap). No free WiFi anywhere and when I got a free usage after complaining it didn't work.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the kind words about our friendly staff. Such comments help us to achieve the service levels which have come to be expected. However, I'd still like to offer my sincere apologies for your stay not being anything else but fully satisfactory. Naturally, this is not the impression we would want you or indeed any guests to have of the hotel as it does not reflect the high standards associated with the hotel.

Secondly, with regards to the current appearance of certain areas within the hotel, including our bedrooms, we do recognise that these do not meet the standards that can be expected when residing in a Marriott branded hotel and I am delighted to be able to confirm that we have started a comprehensive improvement plan. The hotel is to undergo a complete refurbishment, including installation of new air-conditioning . All bedrooms are to receive new bathrooms and will be newly designed with 39” LCD screens. Our lobby, bar and restaurant areas will also be re-designed and we are excited to be repositioning the hotel to be fully worthy of the Renaissance brand.

Cradley Heath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked for 2 nights but stayed for just one as I could not justify the steep price for a view of the runway. The plane spotters package gurantees a runway faces room and access to the club lounge. £ 165 bed and breakfast for a Saturday night stay was disproportionate to rates offered in other hotels competing with. I booked direct but did not get the best price, the same package can be found on the usual hotel finding website. The club lounge free snacks and alcohol runs Sunday thru Thursday so Friday and Saturday guests beware. No information about our package was discussed when checking in but there is a small mention in the room guide, I just expected more emphasis to justify the cost.
The bed was comfortable, pillows soft and I was not disturbed by plane noise. Complimentary water, tea coffee and toiletries included with robe and slippers hanging in the wardrobe for one (not 2?). I think the room would be enhanced by further club lounge info and spa pricelist maybe showing available slots for your stay. The breakfast was plentiful buffet style to help yourself with hot drinks ordered and the room also was runway facing.
Parking was complimentary but you can pay £10 per day, I don't understand why my car registration wasn't required. The carpark needs resurfacing and red tape and cones cordoned off some areas which later blew about the carpark red tape tangling on tyres etc. My car was in a group of 5 cars blocked by cones and tape.
The hotel does not operate a free airport shuttle, as stated on website, but they could be clearer about the service that is available. Tickets for the hopper airport bus can be bought from a ticket machine in the lobby £7 return adults (children free) and runs approximately every 25 mintues 05:00- 23:00 hrs. Picking up directly outside under hotel canopy. Outgoing we picked up at 1 hotel returning we dropped off at 4 hotels. Each hopper displays the terminal either 1+2 or 3+4. When returning outside the terminal you follow signs for buses and there is a sign listing all hotels served and which hopper bus needed. Renaissance was Hopper 54.
Hotel is undergoing refurbishment, currently the lobby and access to breakfast room is affected. The vibe in the hotel is exciting and seeing all the cabin crew and pilots in uniform is quite exciting. I would return but would do my homework this time and get a better rate.

Room Tip: Plane Spotters Package ensures runway facing room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is dated & a little sad but we could live with that. What I can't live with is rude front desk staff who give the impression your disturbing their day.
We booked a room for 2 adults & a child, triple room but our reception staff informed me that we could have a queen bed or 2 singles. When I highlighted the fact a reservation was made for room to sleep a blank look & the same option queen or 2 singles.
Eventually we where offered another bed to be put in the room & with this we spent 30 mins of our own time rearranging furniture for this put-u-up-bed to be put in our allocated room.
Terrible service, highly recommend you spend your hard earned cash elsewhere, they are plenty of superior hotels with smiling & welcoming staff within walking distance. We pre-paid so we stayed but will never return to this hotel.

Stayed February 2014

I am sorry to hear if you had any inconvenience on check-in, as we like to pride ourselves on our service, your feedback will be used to address any such issues from reoccurring.

Thirdly, with regards to the current appearance of certain areas within the hotel, including our bedrooms, we do recognise that these do not meet the standards that can be expected when residing in a Marriott branded hotel and I am delighted to be able to confirm that we have started a comprehensive improvement plan. The hotel is to undergo a complete refurbishment, including installation of new air-conditioning as well as the elevators (mentioned in your comments). All bedrooms are to receive new bathrooms and will be newly designed with 39” LCD screens. Our lobby, bar and restaurant areas will also be re-designed and we are excited to be repositioning the hotel to be fully worthy of the Renaissance brand.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here overnight on the way to County Hall Marriott. Room standard wasn't great and not what I'd expect. Failed to have roll bed that had been ordered although it came fairly quickly once we'd reminded them. Several damp patches in the ceiling and room generally shabby. It did us for a night but I wouldn't return. Which is a shame as I use Marriott's a fair bit for business.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

I am sorry to learn if you had any inconvenience with your food order, as we like to pride ourselves on our service, your feedback will be used to address any such issues from reoccurring.

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!