“Impressed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
belfast
“Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night as we missed our flight. I don't know if it was good value as the airline paid for it.
I have just read a few reviews on this hotel and am surprised by them.
We thought it was a really nice hotel. Our room was lovely, comfortable and spotless.
I think they are doing a refurb so we must have got one of the new rooms and it wa very nice.
I would have no concerns about returning here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Your comments are much appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

1,385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Big car park ( chargeable ) very friendly check in, quick room service and comfy bed. No noise at all from the airport. The only snag was that we couldn't cool the room down.

A perfect bargain at 57 pounds ish for BnB. Would def return again at this rate.

• Stayed May 2013
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. Perhaps when you do stay again it will be when the bedrooms have been renovated (plans are in motion) and the heating/cooling system will have been improved. I do apologise for the difficulty you experienced in cooling the room. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Hamilton, Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed there because had an early morning flight the following day. Hotel was OK but definitely on the old side and rooms can use some attention.
Check in was slow and there seemed to be confusion at the desk as far as various lines for groups, elite members etc. Took quite a while.
Room was on the runway side which was fine and provided something to look at with the constant take offs and landings. Noise wasn't a problem.
Not impressed with the bathroom as the counter had been badly cracked and patched and looked terrible, shower was hard to operate and worse, there were some strands of long dark hair on the bathroom floor that weren't mine so cleaning was obviously poor.
Internet was OK. TV was fine - old set, not the newer flat screen but picture was fine.
I had scheduled a wake up call but that never came. Good thing I also set the alarm on my blackberry.
Good shop in the reception area for bottled water, snacks etc.
Was easy to purchase a ticket for the bus in the morning to get from the hotel to terminal 3. Bus arrived on schedule and transfer to airport was quick and easy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Your review is much appreciated. I am pleased that you enjoyed the runway views from your bedroom and that your transfer to the airport was quick and easy. The hotel’s new owner is committed to a major renovation of the bedrooms, bathrooms and corridors; the installation of flat screen TV’s will give a more spacious and modern feel to the rooms. I am sorry to learn that the cleanliness of your room was not up to its usual high standard; I will ask our Executive Housekeeper to investigate this. Your arrival experience at the hotel should have run smoothly; this will also be investigated. Thank you for bringing these to our attention.
Stavanger, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our aircraft from MAN to LHR had a technical snag. This meant that we missed our connection to our final destination. So, we got our vouchers and meal coupons from the airline.
We did not expect a five star hotel at all. Looking at the hotel from the outside, we did see that it may need a coat of paint or a good scrub down. The reception is large and looking at the line of people in front of the reception we knew that this could take a while. After a 20 minutes wait we were finally in front. When we showed our voucher from the airline, we were more or less treated like outcast. We were shown into a conference room where another line of people were waiting – more or less the same people as we had been standing in line with at the airport. After a while we were given a room. The room was of course on the other side of the hotel, and I’m telling you – that’s a long walk. The room we was assigned to was under average, we felt like we were back in the seventies. It felt filthy. The bathroom was very worn out. Would not like to take a bath in that tub. A quick shower was enough. Beds were ok / average. I am positively sure that the room maid had don her best to keep it tidy and clean, but with materials like that, I feel sorry for her. It’s an everlasting battle she is loosing.
With our food coupons we were shown into the buffet part of the restaurant. Two meals to choose from (three if you are vegetarian). Chili concarne, fish and some compost. The beer was “dead” and the wine expensive. Breakfast was ok with a large variety of goodies. All other guests were greeted with a bottle of water upon arrival – but not the outcast like us that were sent there by the airline. The drinks was all we spent money for at the hotel, apart from some underwear and socks at the lobby store. And of course they were overpriced (The airline had managed to “loose” our luggage).
The bar was OK. I had another dead beer and went to bed.
This hotel is in massive need of refurbishment now. Here at home we call this a typical airport hotel where guests come in at night, and leave before the rooster wakes up. A sleeping machine! I have no idea how much they charge you for a night, since we were placed there by the airline. But I definitely know I would not pay much for it.
And listening to the airline crews in the reception, they were not at all satisfied. They even got into a loud quarrel with the staff about the services. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anybody. Sorry

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to learn that not only did you experience the inconvenience of being a delayed airline passenger but that your luggage was also misplaced; I do hope that it was returned to you. There are exciting plans in place to renovate the hotel; this will include the bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and Lobby. I am most disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us; this is certainly not the way I expect our guests to be treated All our guests are important to us; your comments will help us improve our service and will be addressed with my Executive Team.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Like the New Yorker hotel, a lot of money and effort is made with the entrance but when you go behind the grand entrance the hotel looks very tired and in need of modernisation.
A very comfortable bed made a good nights sleep

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Your comments are most appreciated. I am delighted that you had a good night’s sleep. The hotel is tired and in need of modernising; this is recognised by the hotel’s new owner. A major renovation is planned and will include improving the bedrooms, corridors and Lobby. I hope you will return to the hotel to experience the enhancements for yourself.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Booked this hotel believing that the Renaissance would be a safe option, and not just a standard airport hotel. Unfortunately it was the latter. The hotel is in massive need of refurbishment, on entering my room I had to apologise to my wife at having booked 'a dump of a hotel' more akin to a motorway service station option than a typical Renaissance hotel. I was also disappointed that the wifi was not free (as it is at most other LHR hotels) - the checkin staff try to get you to purchase an internet voucher at reception...probably because they want you to commit prior to finding there is a free option via LHR rewards that you can pick up from the room - very deceitful. Food quality from room service was at best 'basic'...no strike that, it was woeful, particularly at 37 pounds for a salad, burger and single beer. Don't waste your money on this dump, there are much better options available, most of whom won't rob you blind on quality too. P.S. surely the one thing you need from an airport hotel is info on the transfer options available - there is NOTHING in the hotel directory, and we paid 4.50 each way for the hopper service. I've read there is a free service, but no info, and i never saw it.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us; as a valued guest your comments are important to us. The hotel’s new owner recognises that the bedrooms and public areas are tired and in need of refreshing which is why they are committed to a major renovation. This will include the bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and Lobby. Please accept my apologies for the way you felt the Wi-Fi information was offered; I will ask our Front Office Manager to assess training requirements. I will also pass on your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager. There are various ways of travelling to the airport; Concierge has details of the free public transport buses and it is also on our website. I hope you will return in the future to experience the improvements for yourself.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful and I was shocked by how cool it looked in the main room know I mean when come here stay at here and end my review ok hey how yes good I enjoy it the showers felt good the drinks at bar were good and breakfast for sure was good mate

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!