“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Bucharest
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have arrived here from London by underground and then I have taken a bus that pass through Hounslow. I choose this hotel because it is closed to airport and I had an early flight.
The hotel personnel were friendly.
The room was clean but looks old. The bed is good but the bathroom needs to be improved. Air conditioner in my room was noisy so I had to stop. The room is fitted with ironing board and ironing press. I had no minibar.
Internet it is not free.
The breakfast was good with many choices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
As mentioned by you, the hotel is indeed conveniently located close to Heathrow Airport with good transport links. I am delighted to let you know that the hotel’s new owner is committed to renovating all the guest bedrooms; this will include the bathrooms and heating/cooling system. Please do return in the future to experience the new bedrooms.

1,382 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Olvera, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Several months since my last visit. The lobby has been re-jigged, but unfortunately the rooms are still tired and looking their age. Lobby was full of delayed BA passengers, making it awkward to check in. Had dinner in the restaurant, I was very disappointed by the buffet offering (obviously a victim of cost cutting) so I ordered Al a'carte, which was average.

Room Tip: I like the ones with the runway view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the buffet offering; I will let our Chef know. As mentioned in previous responses to Trip Advisor reviews, the hotel’s bedrooms are soon to undergo a major renovation and I hope that you will return to experience the improvements.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We missed a connecting flight and BA booked us into this hotel. They also gave clothes and tooth paste w/ brushes. It wasn't bad. The bed wasn't the best. But the food and service were pretty great. Might stay here if I go back to London...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments; I am pleased to hear that you thought the food and service were great and that when you are next in London you will consider staying with us again.
los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Calling this a four star seems a stretch. The room was clean, the reception staff efficient and the location to terminal 3 important. But, the bar was dreary and a plate of olives was 6 pounds. The dining room was understaffed especially since it was accomodating a delayed BA flight. T,he dinner was adequate. On the positive side, the room was quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We try to have sufficient staff on duty, however a delayed flight can be with us at just a moments notice. Your comments will be passed on to our restaurant team. I am pleased that our location suited your needs.
doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here the night before our flight to Miami,room very comfortable,nice bed .tv, coffee/tea making facilities,good shower room & plenty of hot water .Room view was poor, 3 other sides of rooms with a flat roof,no view at all,other wise room was good.Hotel reception was good as was the bar.decent price.The best thing about this hotel was its location,only a road between it & a Heathrow airport runway,Hoppa bus £4.50 each way comes direct outside main reception door.
Good value & only 6/8 minutes to terminal 3,having made a stop at the Park Inn.Being able to park onsite,part of the deal,entrance thro rear automatic door.useful when arriving back from holiday,however dont loose your car park ticket,£100.00 to get out of car park if you do.Would I stay here again,Yes without a doubt,if I fly from Heathrow again ,i WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing runway,plenty going on if you have time to watch planes landing & takin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is with great pleasure that I read your review. However I am sorry that your view was not ideal. The hotel is very convenient to Heathrow and London with great links via road and rail. I am delighted that you will be staying with us again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I agree with the recent "bad attitude to longstanding guests" review.

Don't stay at this hotel if you are a Marriott points holder. Or indeed are used to the usual Marriott hotels.

I tried this hotel again after being disappointed last time as I got a good price but I really regret not paying a bit more to stay at either of the real proper Heathrow Marriotts.

This is nowhere near up to a Marriott standard and can't see how they manage to have the Marriott brand at all.

The "executive lounge" has become a joke. Just 4 months ago, in the evening there were some very nice food and drink. When I arrived in the evening this time, there was a few sorry looking bits of cheese, five grapes and only two crackers left. That was it!! And just cheap wine (if you could get the attention of the bored member of staff) . Staff agreed with me the lounge had been completely downgraded. Do NOT pay for a club level upgrade!! The rooms are the same and all you will get is a bit of cheese in the lounge.

Worse on arrival at "breakfast" in the lounge where there used to be eggs, bacon, saugage, lovely fruit etc were..... packets of breakfast cereal. A few pastries and some sorry looking bits of knackered fruit in tiny glasses.

Compare this to the real Marriott which has an executive lounge groaning with breakfast goodies with eggs bacon sausage, granola, the works. And attentive helpful staff too. Again at breakfast one bored staff member.

Of course you could take the long journey downstairs for the buffet breakfast but the whole point of the lounge is to be able to relax away from the crowds to some nice food which is the same across the worlds at all Marriotts EXCEPT this one!

Management just reply "There is wine available". This isn't good enough: where has the food gone? It can only be cost cutting. I suspect the food has gone so you have to pay for the expensive room service instead. So management... don't dodge the issue: Why have you stopped providing proper food in the lounge?

I asked some of the staff and reading between the lines the new management is spending money on renovations (fair enough) mainly aimed at business clients (fair enough) - but because of this they are cutting costs everywhere else to the detriment of guests like me.

Cost cutting (same as other reviewer) can also be seen with the food which is of a very poor standard. Imagine the sort of thing you got at school but a little worse. I suspect they can get away with it as their main market is delayed travellers and air crews so they don't care about those of us who book rooms regularly.

Check in is an example a dedicated lane for airline delays, one for a conference but nothing for us normal travellers. We have to get in a queue with no eye contact while we wait for ages to get checked in.

And what about the scary old juddery lifts? On floor 2 someone got out. We pressed floor 3, the doors closed but the lift didn't move. We tried again, the doors shuddered open then closed again, nothing. We were both scared and got out, taking the stairs. The lifts are ancient and scary, take the stairs!

Prices for food and drink are sky high. Even a service charge just for handing you your drink at the bar! Go out of the hotel and turn left for the pub with decent food and drink at good prices.

This hotel used to be welcoming and hospitable and has lost that in the chase for making the money back on renovations.

I don't care about the renovations, I'm not interested in flat screen TVs. I want warm service and hospitality, this is far more important than superficial improvements. New management has not understood hotels are about service and hospitality not just about making money.

I won't be back - see you at either of the Heathrow Marriotts where you get a warm welcome and real hospitality.

Don't say I didn't warn you when you are sitting in the lounge with just a sad lump of old cheese for company!

Room Tip: Airport rooms have a fun view, ask for one of those. Don't use the old lifts!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I read your review with great disappointment and it will be shared with my Executive Team. The hotel staff are constantly recognised for treating all guests with the same high level of customer service, helpfulness and courtesy. Therefore, I am sorry that you feel you did not experience a warm welcome to the hotel. The renovation programme that the new owner of the hotel has planned will be to the benefit of all guests; leisure, weekend and business travellers. The renovation plans include improvements to the Club Lounge. I hope that you will return to the hotel in the future to experience the various improvements.
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Rooms well decorated and have everything you need... no airport noise. We spent one night at the hotel whilst on a theatre break. Approximately an hour by bus into central London. Breakfast was magnificent! Buffet style and good choice of continental and cooked. Would recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation of the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. I am most delighted that you had a great stay with us. All our Team look forward to welocoming you back again in the near future. We appreciate your positive feedback as we are continually striving to improve our guest experience.

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!