“Surprisingly good, but needs timewarp upgrade” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Hartlepool, UK
“Surprisingly good, but needs timewarp upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a theatre trip to London. On walking in there was a vast open plan reception area with lots of activity. We were given our keys on the coach, but were given little or no information about the hotel, this I had to find out myself. The room was clean and presentable, but with 70s decor and a bulky old style TV in a 70s TV cabinet. On the plus side I was able to have a very restful night and a substantial "Full English" breakfast was on offer the following morning. The food which was available to be taken in the privacy of the bedroom but was exorbitantly overpriced even for London! The Hotel is used by aircrews from various airlines and there is a free bus service to Heathrow Central from where public transport is available into central London, ( about an hour to Theatreland, Shaftsbury Avenue by tube). As an overall assessment this hotel is a pretty good stay, even if a little expensive. The staff were somewhat remote, although restaurant staff were pleasant throughout.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Our new owners, Grove HR, are committed to a major renovation of the hotel, this includes the guest bedrooms. I am delighted to advise that once completed the rooms will be more spacious and modern. The excellent sound-proofing will stay! When completed, the renovation will make an improvement to our guests’ experience.

1,385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Zandhoven, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a rather tired 70s airport hotel, however it looks much worse on the outside than it is on the inside! The rooms are clean well equipped and comfortable. I was also well looked after as a Narriott Platinum member, I got an upgrade and welcome gift without asking which is more than can be said for many other hotels in the group.
Half the price of neighbouring hotels so a great deal!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We don’t have the best of exteriors however we try to make up for that with a warm and friendly welcome. I am glad that you feel we were of value.
Hertfordshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed for one night in february prior to a flight from Heathrow. Our room overlooked the runway so had a great time watching the planes landing. Rooms are soundproofed so no noise from the aircraft.
Room was clean, bed comfortable. Room was plenty big enough for us with 2 large suitcases and carry on baggage. Tea/coffee making facilities in the room as well. Bathroom also in good order with plenty of fluffy towels.
Had a meal in the hotel restaurant, usual hotel prices and food was good.
Left our car at the hotel while we were away, you park it yourself in the hotel carpark and you don't leave the car key, they don't even ask for it. So car is not moved while you are away. Plenty of space in the carpark as well.
Got the hoppa bus right from hotel reception to the airport, excellent service.
Hotel staff couldn't be better, nothing was too much trouble. Even though they must see hundreds of holidayand business travellers.
I would definately use this hotel again when flying from Heathrow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the runway if you like plane spotting!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
It was a delight to read your glowing report of the hotel and, of course, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your review with all the hotel staff; they will take great pleasure from it. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wilmslow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just stayed for one night. Our room was adequate with stunning views overlooking the runway. No noise from aircraft was experienced. The bed was very comfortable with fresh white linen and lots of plump pillows. Bathroom a little tired, in need of renovation which I understand the rooms will be undergoing soon. Cannot fault the staff, very friendly and obliging. Only gripe is that the Club Lounge did not live up to expectations. There is only limited food and drink on Fridays and Saturdays which we were not informed about before our visit.
Another tip is that rather than using the Hoppa bus which costs about £4.50 each way, there are free buses operating from the airport and tube stations servicing all the hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
As mentioned by you, the hotel has amazing views of Heathrow and the hotel’s sound-proofing is excellent. We are all keen for the renovation to get started and it will. When completed, it will make an incredible difference to our guests’ experience. I am disappointed to hear that the Club Lounge did not live up to your expectation. Thank you for sharing with Trip Advisor users the tip of the availability of free bus; our Concierge can provide guests with details of the many free buses that run to and from the airport. I am delighted that you experienced our staffs’ excellent friendly and helpful service.
Hereford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very recently, we stayed one night at this hotel. As a Marriott Platinum member, I was given an upgraded room (without even my asking). When we entered the room, I immediately thought - if this is an upgraded room, I would hate to have to stay in a lesser room. The room was small (but clean), the bathroom was just tired, the bed was ok at best, the mini-bar non-existent, and with a hair dryer from the 60’s. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in the quality of the room.

This is a large property with a lot of rooms so I imagine there could possibly be better rooms available but I am not sure.

Despite facing the Heathrow runway, the room was absolutely quiet and did provide stunning views of takeoffs and landings. The location close to the airport is definitely a plus. If you park your car there, you have to pay before you leave the building.

On the brighter side, the hotel lobby is fantastic and the bar and associated service was prompt and friendly. We asked the concierge for some directions and they were extremely helpful. All throughout our quick stay, all of our interactions with the staff was excellent and we received outstanding service.

Until the rooms get upgraded here, I will probably stay at a different property next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing runway. It's quiet, but could be fun, especially if you have children.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Your comments are most appreciated. I am disappointed to read your review and hope that the following news will encourage you to stay with us again. The hotel’s new owners, the Arora Group, are committed to a major renovation, in order to enrich our overall guest experience. All our bedrooms will be renovated, including the bathrooms and corridors. The bedroom furniture will be changed and modernised, including the installation of flat-screen TV’s, thereby creating more space. Plans are also in place to enhance the Club Lounge, Lobby, bar and meeting rooms. We are very excited about the improvements which will greatly enhance the guest experience. The hotel is conveniently located at Heathrow Airport with easy access to major motorway links. We pride ourselves on providing excellent friendly and helpful service; I was delighted to read this in your comments. I trust that you will not be deterred in giving us another opportunity to live up to your expectations in the future.
Rye, East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Renaissance Heathrow every week since October 2012. The staff across all departments are very helpful and courteous and the rooms are of a good standard throughout. The breakfast is buffet style but offers all that the traveller or business stayer could require. During my two year stay while working at Heathrow Airport I have stayed in all of the hotels of this standard in the area, I find that the Renaissance is the most friendly of the bunch and it is known that I am quite particular. I expect to be staying at the Renaissance for the rest of my period at Heathrow, maybe until August. Those are my pros, my only con is the very variable heating and cooling system, although I understand from staff members that all rooms will be upgraded during the next few months.

Room Tip: If you like airports ask for a room overlooking the north runway, 019L/27R. If you like a darker ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
It was with great pleasure that I read your review. I am delighted to hear that, as a long stay guest, you have consistently received friendly, polite and helpful service from the staff. I will share your comments with all the staff. The bedroom heating and cooling system will be addressed when the rooms are renovated. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Renaissance Heathrow.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Originally thought of staying here just for the location,easy access to Heathrow and to commute to central.
Wasn't impressed with the old appearance of the building and when arrived thought it was not goin to worth the £ I spent for the type of hotel, but everything changed from the point I met the staff,they made me feel comfortable and truly welcome.Specially the bar and restaurant staff. Will definitely come back and recommend the place to any off my colleagues when they have to book their trip to London.
As I said they were attentive,looked after me and my dietary requests...
A 10!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review; I am delighted that you found the staff to be helpful and welcoming. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!