“Pre-flight hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
East Mids, England
“Pre-flight hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for just one night prior to flying from Heathrow. As we were going to be away for three weeks, the hotel price for one night which included free parking whilst we were away was a bargain ! Parking was very close and (on a Sunday evening ) had lots of spaces.

Room was OK, bit small, but OK for one night - nice big bed and great pillows !! Bathroom was a bit tired, but again OKL for one night.

As to be expected food and drink was expensive - pint of beer and glass of wine £15 and burgers at £14.50 each was a bit over the top - maybe I should just remind myself of the money I`ve saved on three weeks parking !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
The hotel is pleased to hear that you found the accommodation and parking package to your satisfaction. Our new owners, the Arora Group, have already started a major renovation programme; this includes our bedrooms and bathrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future where you will be able to experience the benefits of these renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Northallerton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Useful reasonably priced hotel to use before a flight. Sometimes use the Marriott which has a swimming pool and more expensive, but as an early morning flight stayed at Renaissance. Staff excellent and food fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Your comment is much appreciated. The Renaissance Heathrow prides itself on providing excellent customer service. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed dining with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Marriotts often (Gold Elite) but for this trip someone else booked travel (via Priceline) so I couldn't apply my member number. Being a "normal" guest at this hotel is not pleasant. My reservation was booked as Twin or Double bed room and at checkin I was asked if Twin beds were ok. I'm 6'4" so I asked if there were any Doubles available. The answer was no I'm sorry that is all that is left. I came to the front desk very shortly later for something else and was behind someone who was asked if they wanted Twin or Double bed and they took a Double...

The room (3049) was the furthest room away from the lifts closest to the runway. The room was a shade above freezing and having the heat on full blast all night still did not bring the room to a comfortable temperature by morning. The tile was freezing and the water took an eternity to get warm.

On the plus side the bar area is nice, you can walk to the Three Magpies, and the airport is right there.

I'll look to stay at the "real" Marriott next time.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am disappointed to read that your room was not as comfortable as it should have been and have asked our Engineering Department to check the heating in the room. However I am delighted to announce that our new owners, the Arora Group, have already started a major renovation programme. This includes the hotel’s heating system as well as renovating the bedrooms, bathrooms and corridors. We are excited about the improvements and are looking forward to providing a new, enhanced guest experience.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was booking into this hotel overnight after my flight was cancelled and having waited around 3 hours in several queues at Heathrow. Expected another long queue at check-in as a bus load all arrived at the same time. Staff allowed those who wanted to go straight for dinner and check-in later. This was great as it was after 22:00 and people were hungry and check-in after dinner was quick and easy. Dinner was buffet style with a good selection even though it was quite late. The room was very nice and it was spotless. I don't know how much this hotel would cost for an overnight stay but, purely for a customer service point of view, this was excellent and it was clear the staff well aware of how best to cater for a large number of people at short notice. Thanks to all the staff here for making my very short stay a very good one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. I am delighted to hear that your check-in and dining experience were pleasurable. Your thanks to the staff will be passed on. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stay at this hotel quite a bit for work trips. It is extremely dated and the rooms are very small. Old TVs (not flat screen) and tough to control the room temperature. The layout makes it easy to get lost and tough to get anywhere quick.

The Club lounge is just ok. Packed with people. Food is standard. Nothing great.

The hotel restaurant (Duo) is far better as a platinum for free breakfast. Great buffet. Great service. The juice bar is great with free smoothies.

The fact that this is an airport hotel but you have to pay for airport shuttle service (like every other hotel at Heathrow) really bothers me. Not specific to the Renaissance - you pay at every hotel - but 4.50GBP (about US$7) each way is crazy.

Have stayed at the Sheraton Skyline, Sheraton Heathrow, and Marriott Heathrow before. All are about the same - with the exception of the Marriott which is much newer.

Would stay again but continue to have low expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for continuing to stay at our hotel. As a regular guest, your comments are extremely important in assisting us to identify our strengths and weaknesses. The Arora Group took over our hotel towards the end of last year and have already committed to a significant investment, in order to enrich our overall Guest Experience. Whilst we are unable to change the actual size of our Bedrooms, we are planning a complete refurbishment of our Guest Rooms, which will create a more spacious, modern area. These innovations will also include new TVs and Air Conditioning/Heating, which you highlighted in your review. We will also be enhancing the Club Lounge ambience, along with significant improvements to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. All the Team at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel look forward to welcoming you back again as our most valued guest.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

It's not the quality you find from the Marriott/ renaissance brand. No wonder you can't find the Marriott name anywhere. I didn't know it was until I asked the staff. The renaissance logo was present so I had a thought. Avoid if you are looking for a quality hotel

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
May I say how disappointed I was to read your recent Review of the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. My apologies for any confusion caused, regarding the ‘Branding’ of the Hotel. The Arora Group took Ownership of the Hotel in October, 2012. We are now operating as a Renaissance Brand, Marriott Franchise property. Our new Owners have already commenced Phase 1 of a substantial investment in our product. All our Bedrooms will be completely refurbished, including our Bathrooms and Corridors. Plans are also in place for significant enhancements to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. We are very excited about the exciting and innovative changes to come and are looking forward to offering our clients a ‘new look’ hotel. I trust you will not be deterred from giving us another opportunity to live up to your expectations in the future. My thanks for your comments.
Bude,Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We satayed overnight before a flight. I was presently surprised by the whole hotel. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking thr runway. The soundproofing was good enough to allow my partner to sleep well before midnight. The breakfast was ample. I would use this hotel again under the circumstances.

Room Tip: I was advised by friends to ask for a room on the 4th Floor overlooking the runway, it suited us wel...