“Comfy airport hotel with good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot rate & 15% off dinner
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Derby, United Kingdom
“Comfy airport hotel with good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here on return from a 12 hour flight from Mauritius and also parked the car here. Was easy to drop off the car and get the shuttle bus to Heathrow (£4-50 each). When we got back, again only a 10 min shuttle to hotel and we were welcomed nicely at reception. A party was on as it was mid December, but the receptionist explained we could still book at restaurant or grab a bite in the bar.
Room was very comfy, with loads of pillows!! Bathroom small but clean and shower quite powerful.
Breakfast was excellent, just what you need on return or before flying out from a far destination.
All in all, a good solid airport hotel -- we paiid £220 for double room, brekkie and 15 nights parking.
Note that we looked at others as they were nearer, but if you get the shuttle bus really makes no difference as it does a trip round all the hotels in an order that best suits traffic than distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your ratings of our hotel. I was delighted to note all your positive comments regarding your guest experience. We are currently in Phase 1 of an exciting and innovative investment in our product, by our Owner, the Arora Group. Significant changes are planned for our Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Corridors, Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. All the team look forward to welcoming you back again, to enjoy our enhancements, in the very near future.

1,464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
St. George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here with a voucher from British Air after missing a flight connection. There were least 50 other people with similar vouchers standing in a slow, long line at check in. The free buffet dinner was low quality (think hospital cafeteria). The rooms were small but clean. The beds were comfortable. The walls were thin and I could hear the entire conversation of my neighbors. Thank God that was all they were doing. In the morning the plumbing was very noisy in the bathroom from other people taking showers.
When I saw the price online for a room, I thought that I would never pay that much for the mediocre airport hotel facilities. Internet service was $15 for 24hrs not included in the voucher.
The morning shuttle service was overbooked and half the people in line were not allowed on the bus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Your comments regarding your recent experience as a Delayed Flight Passenger, have all been noted. My sincere apologies for the wait you incurred at Check-In, which was due to all the Flight Passengers arriving at the same time. I appreciate how annoying this must have been. Regarding the buffet dinner provided, I will be taking action to try to ensure this does not happen again. Please be assured, our Delayed Passengers are extremely important to us and I truly regret the stress of your Delay was further exacerbated, by the challenges you encountered. Our new Owners, the Arora Group, are making a significant investment in our hotel, to improve our overall guest experience. All our Bedrooms are being completely refurbished (including sound-proofing) along with our Bathrooms (plumbing will be addressed) and Corridors. Improvements are also planned for our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. I hope that despite what occurred, you will not be deterred from giving us another opportunity to live up to your expectations.
brussels
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Due to my recent delayed international flights with British Airways (JHB-LHR) - they accommodated us at Heathrow as our connecting flights were missed.

I realise that we were not traditional *paying* hotel customers - but when we arrived at the hotel close to midnight - there was only 2 lonely desk staff to help check us in.... with 20 people in front of me - it took almost an hour for me to finally get to the front of the queue.

My hotel room was on the other side of the hotel on the first floor and I almost got horribly lost walking down corriders...

the room was what i would call adequate (but somewhat on the small side)... but the bathroom was horrendous! there was only one tissue in the tissue holder, half a roll of toilet paper and the actual bathtub was scratchy (imagine sandpaper)....Not to mention the fact that no matter how you turned the temperature gauge, the shower nossel only had scalding hot (this meant having to run a bath and wait for the water to cool down sufficiently... and then sit on a scratchy TINY bath area to wash) - not pleasant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
May I say how concerned I was to read your review. Please accept my apologies for the length of time it took to check you in. This most certainly is not the standard of service we aspire to. I completely understand how frustrating and annoying this must have been for you. We regard all our Delayed Passengers as our most valued guests and I sincerely regret what occurred. The Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel opened in 1973. In October, 2012, the hotel was Taken Over by the Arora Group, who are very committed to improving our Guest Experience. Phase 1 of an exciting investment in our product has already begun. All our Bedrooms and Corridors will be completely refurbished, including our Bathrooms, which you mentioned in your review. We will also be making significant enhancements to our Bar, Lobby and Meeting Rooms. I do take your ratings extremely seriously and your complaints will be addressed by the Departmental Managers concerned. Despite this, I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to our hotel in more pleasant circumstances. All our team will endeavour to make your next stay pleasant and memorable.
Wembley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We arrived once again using a complimentary bus from Terminal 1, as the hotel is in the Heathrow “free zone”. I can never understand why people choose the very busy and very expensive airport shuttle (or a cab), as the local buses are very quick and of course free.

Despite a BA flight to South Africa being cancelled that night -- December 21 (and the whole flight trying to check into the hotel at the same time), check-in was pretty quick.

As a Platinum member, the staff couldn’t have been nicer – they even reserved a table at breakfast for us (just in case the flight delay guests overwhelmed the restaurant).

On our return visit to the Ren LHR, we were welcomed into the “Henley” suite (the home of the Olympic torch). I much preferred this suite to the “Twickenham”, as it seemed roomier and better designed. The view over the runway was excellent.

My only complaint about room/suite was the temperature – it was WAY too hot and it took several hours for it to cool down, once we turned off the heating system – I was actually tempted to ask the hotel for a cooling fan.

Club lounge nibbles was very tasty and the staff were pleasant.

As usual, the breakfast was excellent. Staff really seemed to be on their game, despite how busy it was.

Thank you to the GM and his staff for making my birthday extra special.

Room Tip: Get a hotel map at reception.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
May I say how delighted I was to note your comments regarding your quick check-in and the service you received from our all our Team, following your flight cancellation. My apologies for the challenges you encountered with the room temperature in your Suite. Following the Takeover by the Arora Group in October, we have already commenced Phase 1 of an exciting and innovative investment in our product. A complete refurbishment of our Bedrooms (including our heating and air-conditioning systems), Bathrooms and Corridors, is planned, along with significant improvements to our Bar, Lobby and Meeting Rooms. I am glad you enjoyed your Birthday ! The Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel Team all look forward to welcoming you back again as our most valued guest in the future.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Booked car parking for two weeks and one nights hotel room at end of holiday.Arrived back after a 11hours flight plus a 2 hours delay ,Checked in no problem ,room on third floor adequate size room bed very comfortable good night sleep, had breakfast in clubroom very good very helpful attendant, Wife loved watching the planes land while we had breakfast. Staff at hotel very helpful and polite ,and a big thank you to the concierge with help with our luggage.Would use hotel again

• Stayed December 2012
I am delighted you and your wife had a pleasant stay with us, despite your long flight and the delay you encountered. The view from our Club Lounge is truly outstanding and I am pleased you both took pleasure in watching the planes land, whilst enjoying your Breakfast. Your comments on our Staff are most appreciated, particularly regarding Concierge. Providing great service to all our Guests is our top priority. I sincerely hope you will visit us again the next time you are passing through Heathrow Airport. Assuring you of our best attention at all times.
East Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed just one night and no real problems, although finding the room wasn't easy. The signs aren't easy to follow, but once we had sussed out that the numbers go from high to low, rather than low to high we managed. Breakfast was fine, but a bit of a bun fight as the layout doesn't flow. A good night's sleep and the room was adequate for one night. Niggles not enough to put me off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Your review of our hotel is most appreciated. It is extremely important for us to obtain our guests’ feedback, so we can continually work towards improving our standards. I apologise for the initial difficulty you encountered in finding your room and that Breakfast was so busy, on the morning following your stay. Significant innovations are already underway, following the Takeover of our Hotel, in October, 2012, by the Arora Group. All our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and corridors will be completely refurbished. We are also planning improvement works to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. I trust we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again as our guest in the future.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel seems to be quite old. Anyway our room was clean and everything was in good shape. Service was ok as well.
As an airport hotel it has fulfilled our need of getting sleep after long haul flight and before catching early morning flight. Would not recommend to stay in it for other reasons

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
May I take this opportunity to respond to your comments regarding our hotel. I am pleased to inform you that our hotel was taken over recently by the Arora Group, who have already started Phase 1 of a major investment in our product. All our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Corridors will be entirely refurbished, along with significant improvements to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. We are very excited about all the great changes taking place and are looking forward to providing a new, enhanced Guest Experience. I sincerely hope that all the Renaissance Heathrow Hotel Team will be welcoming you back again as our guest the next time, you fly from Heathrow.

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!