“Cleanliness is a lot to be desired !!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Credit
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Gloucestershire
“Cleanliness is a lot to be desired !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely shocked to find in the Television cabinet draw stale opened packet of cereals, scale mouldy bread rolls and used tea bags!! Need I say more!! Clearly the chambermaids are doing a clear minimal clean. CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS !!!

• Stayed December 2012
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. May I say how concerned I was to note your comments regarding the Television cabinet drawer. Please be assured, we take your comments extremely seriously. Our Executive Housekeeper has carried out a thorough investigation into what occurred and action has been taken, to try and ensure this does not happen again. This most certainly is not the standard of service we strive so hard to attain. May I take this opportunity, however, to announce that the Arora Group took over our hotel in October, 2012. We have already commenced Phase 1 of a very exciting and innovative investment in our product. A complete refurbishment of our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Corridors is planned, along with significant improvements to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. This will greatly enhance our overall Guest Experience. I sincerely hope you will not be deterred from giving us another chance to live up to your expectations and that we will welcome you back as our most valued guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We read all the previous reports on tripadvisor about this hotel so we had not intention of booking it. Then one of the search websites had this place on a room deal of £63 instead of £103 so we thought lets give it ago, its only one night before we fly. When we arrived at the reception it was clear that work was going on as dust every where and lots of plastic sheets and work equipment. We checked in quick as we were only people checking in at time. We went to our room and it was like something from the 70s, tiny, dark, old furniture and even the television was an old big bulky set ( type my grandma had). We went to go to the spa but it closed at 2pm on a weekend (it was 5pm) so we went to the bar. The bar was cold, freezing infact. I asked about the fact it was so cold and was told its 'air conditioned' so we can not change it ( rubbish). We ordered drinks only to be told we have no orange juice. The food we ordered was bland and over priced, service was poor, the staff more interested in talking to each other. Only good points, Starbucks Coffee and Bed was quite good. This place gives the impression of a place closing down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
May I say how disappointed I was to note your comments. Please be assured I take your findings extremely seriously. Our Hotel was Taken Over by the Arora Group in October, 2012 and are totally committed to making significant improvements to our Guest Experience. As you pointed out, Phase 1 of a very exciting and innovative investment in our product has already commenced. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by our building works. A complete refurbishment of all our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Corridors is planned, along with enhancements to our Bar, Lobby and Meeting Rooms. I trust you will not be deterred from giving us another opportunity to live up to your expectations and that all the Team at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel may look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel is inside the Free Bus Zone so do not take the Hotel Hopper shuttle, which costs about $12. The Free Bus Zone will take you to and from this hotel, to Heathrow airport, and to the train/metro station, as well. There is a Starbucks inside the lobby -yay! A lot of international flight crews stay here -it is really fun to see a plethora of flight attendants and pilots, from all different airlines, in the lobby waiting for their shuttle. The hotel is very nice -I believe they are renovating some parts of the hotel. Our room was updated however, the bathroom was completely old school. I didn't mind as the hotel and our room were very clean. The front desk staff are wonderful and very accommodating. However; this hotel is about 30 minutes away, via the tube, from Piccadilly and all the fun sights of London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated. May I take this opportunity to announce, that following the Take Over of our Hotel by the Arora Group, in October, 2012, we have, as you correctly noted, already commenced Phase 1 of a very exciting and innovative investment in our product. Plans are in hand to completely refurbish our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Corridors. We will also be making significant enhancements to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. All the Team look forward to welcoming you back again to enjoy our greatly improved Guest Experience.
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Big impersonal hotel, probably the closest to T1-3. Room & public areas were clean. Interanl signage could be clearer - followed this to room, then subsequently discovered far shorter route to lifts.

Despite being across road from one of the main runways, you don't hear the aircraft, but this is compensated for by the noisy air-con and room quickly becomes very stuffy if switched off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Your Review on our Hotel is very much appreciated. It is important for us to receive our Guests’ feedback, in order to continually improve our standards and service. May I take this opportunity to announce, that following the Take Over of our Hotel in October, 2012, by the Arora Group, Phase 1 of an innovative and exciting investment in our product, has already commenced. A complete refurbishment of our Bedrooms and Bathrooms will take place, including a new air conditioning and heating system. Significant enhancements are also planned for our Corridors, Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. All the team at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel look forward to welcoming you back again as our guest in the future.
aberystwyth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night during November for a very reasonable price which included parking.It was easy to reach,just off Bath Road with plenty of parking spaces.It has a large reception area with comfortable seating and a Starbucks cafe.Our room was on the 2nd floor down a very long corridor.We were pleased with the room,especially considering how little we had paid.It had a traditional decor with everything we needed.The bathroom was a little dated,but was clean and functional.All the staff semmed to be very pleasant and helpful,especially the concierge.We would have tried the breakfast but thought £20 was a bit steep.
Overall it was a comfortable,large airport hotel where we would be quite happy to stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. May I say how pleased I am that you enjoyed your stay with us. On October 9th, 2012, the Arora Group took over our Hotel. We have already commenced Phase 1 of an extremely exciting and innovative investment programme. A complete refurbishment of our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Corridors is planned, along with significant improvements to our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms. This will greatly enhance our overall Guest Experience. I trust that All the Team will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again as our guest in the future. Your feedback was most appreciated.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is the worse Marriott property that I have ever stayed - even perhaps one of the worse hotel experiences at any hotel property! Even though I am a Lifetime Platinum member with Marriott it made little difference. The clock was not working and in order to have it replaced they came to the room and had to move the bed as the clock was "hard-wired" into the wall. The televisions are antiquated tube type with an operating system that is not intuitive and no instructions provided on how to operate. Had to have an engineer come to the room and give us a"class" on it's operation. The toilet did not flush and after engineering worked on it for a good length of time we were told that the only alternative at 10pm after a long flight and in our robes ready for bed, was that we would have to move to another room. Finally my wife bruised her ankle in the elevator due to a metal vent in the baseboard that was not properly secured and protruding dangerously. The staff did not seem overly concerned with all the problems we had and only after continued complaining did they offer a 20% discount on my next stay.
I do have to compliment the Marriott Company, who after I contacted, generously put some extra points into my account because of the inconvenience. Marriott is a great company but they should not allow this franchisee to carry their good name. The hotel was so bad that I did not stay there the second night of my reservation. This is only the second time that I have ever given a hotel and I believe you can see from my profile that I am a pretty fair rater.

• Stayed November 2012
I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to review our hotel. Please be assured I take your complaints extremely seriously and regret that you did not make contact with me while you were in-house. If I had been aware of the challenges you were experiencing, I would have personally taken the appropriate steps to resolve your issues. My sincere apologies for what occurred. I truly understand how disappointing and annoying this must have been for you. The departments concerned have investigated what took place and immediate action will be taken to try to ensure this does not happen again. Our hotel was taken over by the Arora Group in October and is now operating as a Marriott Franchise property. Arora have committed to an innovative and exciting investment in our product. A complete refurbishment of all our Bedrooms, Bathrooms and Corridors is planned, along with significant enhancements to our Bar, Lobby and Meeting Rooms. We look forward to providing a new, improved experience to our guests. I trust you will give us another opportunity to live up to your expectations in the future and hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again as our guest in the future. We will do our utmost to make your next stay a more pleasant and memorable experience.
St. Malo, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is an elegant and very pleasant hotel near Heathrow Airport, London, ca. 10 minutes away from Terminal 1 and 3. I stayed there for one night, like many others, because I missed my connecting flight to Dallas, TX. The lobby is huge, with a fairly low ceiling, making it very welcoming. Staff very efficient and friendly. Room was rather small, but I loved it because the bed was just a delight. Incredible mattress. Room had the usual equipment, but no fridge. Bathroom very nice, shower was great, though it took me a long time and a call to the hotel service to figure out how to turn it on. In that process the handles all came off. Oh well. Noise from next room was bad, when people talked I could hear almost every word. In the evening the noise from the airport was rather bad.
We got dinner and breakfast, both buffet style, and the food was fantastic. One thing I really disliked. Obviously the airlines utilize this hotel for the passenger who missed their connection. But the hotel does not offer free wifi. There is a Starbucks, however, in the lobby, and for 5 pounds of merchandise (coffee etc.), they give you 30 minutes for free. Considering how many people are rather desperate when they are put up here, wifi should be free, or there should be some monitors with computers in the lobby for free use, say 10 minutes. The hotel also has a very nice exercise room. The hotel hopper (shuttle bus) comes by every 10-15 minutes (4 pounds, but I had a voucher from the airline).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the airport.