“Much better than I expected” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Budapest, Hungary
“Much better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here only for one night, I was heading to the countryside for a wedding, but arrived the night before at LHR and this was the most affordable choice. I just learnt on my arrival that instaed of the hoppa bus the local red bus takes me to teh hotel for free. The check in was quick and I was lucky to get a room with a view on the runway. I loved it. Being a gold card holder I had an access to the lounge, well the selection was a bit limited, but it is fine for me as it comes as a perk and why should I complain when I can have as much red wine as I want :-) The room was a bit small, but fine for one night, the gym and the sauna was also just fine.

Room Tip: if you don't mind the noise (though the windows are pretty good) ask for a runway view room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
JanWillem L, General Manager at Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The Arora Group took over Ownership of the hotel on 8th October and to illustrate our commitment to improving our guests’ experience we are already moving forward with planning Phase 1 of an exciting and innovative £25m investment in our product. Although we are unable to change the actual size of our bedrooms, included in our plans, is a complete refurbishment of our bedrooms, including additional soundproofing. We will also be enhancing our Lobby, Bar and Meeting Rooms whilst continuing to focus on providing excellent service.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to highlight our hotel. Your feedback is most appreciated. All the Team at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel look forward to welcoming you back again as our most valued guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Guernsey, Channel Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I flew into Heathrow Terminal 5 and wanted a hotel in the area before transferring to Gatwick the following morning. Booked a suite at the Renaissance to humour my inner plane geek, as the rooms overlook the (Terminal 5?) runway. I spent hours just staring at the 747's take-off, but anyway ..... I took the route 105 bus from the Heathrow Central Bus Station (stand 19) and it's free to get to the hotel. Front desk staff were quick to check me in, acknowledged my Marriott status, asked me how many (24 hour) internet codes I needed, and sent me off to my room on the 3rd floor (room 3208). It was a suite - separate lounge and bedroom areas. It did overlook the runway. There was a desk. The bed was extremely comfortable. The decor throughout was extremely dated and dark. Room looked a little tatty. Air conditioning was set to a warm setting and couldn't be adjusted. Bathroom was clean(ish) but again very dated. As I booked an exec room I had access to the executive lounge - but there wasn't anything very executive about it. Same dark colours. Minimal food/drink options. PC's they provided for use sounded like they would explode at any second. Good views of the runway again though! I had breakfast (included in the price) before I left the hotel. It was ok, but the range of items wasn't as extensive as I've had in many other hotels. There's a small Starbucks in the lobby, but it doesn't accept Starbucks cards. I got the H2 Hoppa bus back to Heathrow Central Bus Station (at a cost of £4.) Room cost me about £150 for the night, and there are plenty of other hotels in the area available for that price. I would consider staying again but only after the hotels rooms and lounge are given some TLC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I guess Renaissance is not the right name for this hotel... it is a bit old and shady. Basically typical airport hotel. This time, I was forced by delayed flight and the expenses were on BA. Reception is nice, staff is ok, corridors a little bit creepy, rooms comfortable, some furniture remembers maybe the beginnings, but that is not a problem for me. What I cannot stand is the extra paid internet connection. 15 pounds per 24 hours of slow and not stable WiFi is what I call STEALING. Obviously, it is not in price of my BA delay package. Lame. The food is on the hand in the price and it is quite tasty. Don't expect Michelin, but you might be positively surprised. Overall, not great, but if you have to stay at the airport hotel, you will survive.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms to the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments, which are extremely pertinent. It is important for us to receive your feedback, so that we may continue to strive to improve our product and service.
The Arora Group took over Ownership of the hotel on 8th October and to illustrate our commitment to improving our guests’ experience we are already moving forward with planning Phase 1 of an exciting and innovative £25m investment in our product. Included in our plans, is a complete refurbishment of our bedrooms. We will also be enhancing our Lobby, Bar, Meeting Rooms and Internet Services, whilst continuing to focus on providing excellent service.
The Team at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went into this hotel with eyes wide open after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. I chose to ignore them because I really wanted a good view of Heathrow during my stay. I paid full price for the room and requested at the time of booking a "runway view", I reiterated my request a few days before checking in and again to the front desk clerk upon check in. I got a room at the very corner with a view of a tree.Yes, it faced the runway but I couldn't really see it. What a waste of time! I was so glad I was only staying there one night. Couldn't wait to check out. Room was noisy, uncomfortable and dated. We had a twin-bedded room. Mine was ok, but my husbands rocked back and forth from side to side so he had to balance himself in the middle all night. Only advantage to staying here would be the close proximity to Heathrow, but there are a number of other hotels on Bath Road to choose from.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel. May I say how disappointed I was to note your comments. Please be assured, I take your feedback most seriously and the important points you raised will be addressed without delay.
I sincerely hope that you will not be deterred from giving us another opportunity to live up to your expectations and trust we may look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Georgia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am not sure what if anything is going on in the hotel industry but it seems that of late my stays have been hit or miss as to quality of room.

This latest example of room cleanliness was just one of several. That’s why I love my digital camera. Usually pictures don’t lie, and taking them helps document and quantify problems, that the written word cannot compare to. So I’ll let the pictures do most of the talking. But let’s start at check in, which was smooth and efficient, with the desk clerk being friendly. The lobby is modern and very open which to me is better than small and “cozy”. This hotel usually has some type of business meeting or seminar here and this time was no exception. There were a lot of folks moving around getting their Starbucks coffee which is just to the right as you enter the lobby from the outside. Upon entering my hotel room which was on the second floor, I was not surprised that it was fairly small with the short walkway from the door to the room opening being rather narrow. If you are a big guy or gal schlepping a lot of bags this can be annoying.

Taking a look around the room revealed that the furniture, walls, curtains, etc. all looked par for the course – exactly what one expects to find in a high use hotel that is practically located on the grounds of London’s Heathrow Airport. It’s not, but rather adjacent to it. So if you want a hotel by the airport you can’t do much better from a distance perspective unless you go with the Hilton, which is attached to the airport terminals.

So the room itself is basic airport fare – nothing special. Being the bathroom snob I am, the bathroom had to be checked out next. A bathroom’s overall condition and cleanliness is a great indicator for the rest of the hotel. What I found was a small bathroom which overall condition matched the rest of the room. With a couple of exceptions - those being that the bathtub glaze was pretty damaged in the area of the tub’s drain, so much so that it immediately stood out in a bad way. Looking at all the fixtures in the tub revealed a black mold type discoloration which I think could have easily been gotten rid of with some bleach spray, an old toothbrush, and a bit of elbow grease. There was this mold like black to brown discoloration around the entire combination shower and tub’s fixtures. I understand cracked tiles, chipped finishes, and even heavily worn fixtures. But mold or certainly what looks like mold is an indication that the cleaning teams are not doing a good job, period. In short I don’t think there can ever be an excuse for this kind of stuff in a bathroom.

So with the bathroom condition, and the overall room’s worn appearance, I am giving this hotel a Poor rating. It could have easily been Average if it wasn’t for the bathroom issues.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have stayed at this Renaissance hotel since I started visiting England over 5 years ago. If I were rating on the concierge staff alone, it would be 5 star without a doubt! I travel alone and having a place near the airport to stay on trips in and out of Heathrow has been great. Fortunately since the very first visit, the concierge staff has been incredible! Truly amazing, and I have stayed at many hotels! On my first trip I was terrified to be in Europe alone and Nejo took such good care of me, finding me a driver to take me to some close by sights. He and the rest of the staff have continued that exceptional service throughout the years! The staff always remembers me, even if it has been a year since I've been there, and the personal attention is much appreciated. When traveling solo it is always a treat to see a familiar face. And here, there are several of those that greet me with a smile. On my most recent visit there I arrived from Portugal and my travel tote I'd checked had been damaged. Rahat showed up with a sewing kit and actually sewed it and taped it for me so it would make the long journey home. How do you thank people for such good care? And of course, they are always ready to mark maps and help me find wherever I want to head in London and even beyond.

Unfortunately I have not been as pleased with the rest of the hotel experience. I return because of the concierge gentlemen who watch out for me. I have found this the only hotel that charges at a business center for internet use. And to charge to print a boarding pass? Outrageous in this day and age. Of course for 15 GBP you can have wifi in your room and the front desk will print your info for no charge. Recently in Lisbon there was an internet charge for a basic room, 3 euros for 24 hours. That wasn't unreasonable at all. When I first started visiting this hotel, they would readily upgrade me to a club room if available. Now they won't think of it without a charge. I understand the economy, but once in a while? There was a lovely manager from Poland there a couple of years or so ago, and every once in a while she would do that, but she is the only one who showed their appreciation for my business by doing that in the last few years. And now she is at another property.

The rooms are dated, most bathrooms are very small, and the expense is quite high for the stay. I have returned because of the concierge staff but as expensive as it was on my last visit, I think I will choose an alternative place to stay and just go by to visit my 'friends' there. Would I recommend this hotel? Yes, if you get a good price on a room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

On arrival we were impressed with the lobby area and friendly staff. We got rooms with runway views, as requested, which were excellent and it was a good start to the holiday watching the planes landing - you couldn't hear anything. The rooms were comfortable, clean and a good size with a very large bed and all the amenities you need, such as coffee, trouser press, hair dryer, safe, etc. The hotel offers a very convenient shuttle bus to the airport. We didn't visit the restaurant or bar as they are quite expensive. We were very pleased with the stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!