“Small Rooms That Are a Bit Dated” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Hong Kong, China
“Small Rooms That Are a Bit Dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

"Stayed" at this hotel due to a flight delay. British Airways gave us the room for day-use for free.

Location: Like all the other Heathrow Airport hotels (except the expensive Sofitel), it's located on Bath Road along the same stretch of roads. During the day, the free bus (423, etc) could be the better option. The Hoppa Bus (4 pounds one-way) goes to several hotels and runs only every 30 minutes so it could take 45 minutes to get there. On the way back, the Hoppa bus takes 15 minutes to get to T4 and 20 minutes to get to T5.

Reception/Service: Large, modern-looking reception. Front desk staff were a bit robotic.

Room: A bit small although still adequate. Parts of the bathroom looked a bit dated. Good toiletries. You must close the curtains if staying at a ground floor room as it looks directly into the parking lot. Bed was comfortable enough.

Business Cener: Paid internet charging 6 GBP per hour.

Overall: It's hard to fault the hotel for anything. On the other hand, it's quite a dull airport hotel. Based on my previous stays at Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow, the three hotels are quite similar in all aspects. If you have to pay more than USD120 or so for the room, you are paying too much.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Biggleswade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Hotel for one night on the 2nd of June before a flight to Hong Kong the next day, on arrival we upgraded to club room, which gave us breakfast in the restaurant and access to club lounge. I have stayed here before and as usual the check in was friendly and helpful. The room was good without being great, but had a runway view which was good for me being a aircraft spotter! The upgrade gave us access to the club lounge which had a small variety of hot and cold food, soft drinks, tea, and coffee .Wine and beer was available later in the day, which saved a expensive trip to the bar. We had a meal in the bar area later that night although expensive was of good quality. We checked out at the usual time 12 o’clock and because our flight was not till early evening was offered use of the club room for the rest of the day which we took advantage of . All in all our stay was very good the staff were friendly and helpful from check in to check out, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Friendly hotel offering flexibility with check in and basic luxury. Stayed for one night following a transatlantic flight. Was able to check in at noon at no extra charge. Left at 5am the following day so that made up for it I guess. Took the 423 bus from stop 7 at Terminal 5 (free around Heathrow). Short walk to the hotel from the bus stop. Reception staff was very friendly and helpful, also with transportation options back to the airport to catch the Tube into London.

My room was smallish but clean. They were doing light touch up maintenance work in the hallways - which badly needed some repairs. The hotel is not too well kept imho, probably because it gets a lot of damage from heavy tourst and crew traffic. There are several wings. I got a runway view after asking for it which was a great experience. The sound insulation is very good but the vibrations still go straight through the walls for most larger planes except the A380. At night there is no traffic though so no problem then. The bathroom had some signs of wear and tear, but all in all it was a decent hotel for the price given the season (end of May).

I was told that the first bus back to T5 leaves at 5:30am so I bought a ticket for the Hotel Hoppa bus in the lobby of the hotel on the day of my departure. Make sure you get to the lobby of the hotel early because once the bus is full (and this happens quickly because it picked up passengers prior to stopping at the Renaissance) you will have to wait another 20 minutes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Yes, the external design is outdated but how much time do you spend outside looking at the hotel? My recent stay on a Saturday night was quite good.

I arrived on an overnight flight and easily caught the Hopper bus. The free busses were not a good option because of luggage - the Hopper is much easier with luggage. Arrived at hotel around noon and was happy to hear they could get me into a room. This hotel is sprawling so I had a long walk to the room on the third floor. As others had mentioned, the rooms a smallish but I found the room to be well concieved. They used the space quite efficiently.

Room was very clean - beds were very comfortable. I was suprised to find that they did not have a US-style plug in the room for recharging an electric shaver. The front desk did have plug adapters but they do put a 15 pound charge on your bill until you return the adapter.

Thanks to the advice from the front desk, took the free bus from the stop in front of the hotel to Heathrow and spent the afternoon in London. The free busses could not be more convienent.

Upon returning I decided I wanted a snack and noticed a McDonald's about a block from the hotel. Very convienent.

In the morning, I had breakfast in the concierge lounge on the third floor. (My Marriott Reward status provided access.) Nice selection - very efficient staff.

I have no complaints about this hotel. Clean, comfortable, easy access, and a good price (at least for a Saturday night). I'd definitely stay again on a layover at Heathrow.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Firstly this hotel is very reasonable, and even if you go for a suite, it's very competitive. We were greeted with a compliementary drink at check in, and quickly shown to our suite, which was an upgrade with a view of the Runway. You can't hear much at all, plus it brings out your inner plane spotter. Come on we all have it in us. The suite was large and very, very clean. Plus we had access to the lounge, and also got some free food and alchohol, which can't be bad. Breakfast is extensive, and plentiful. Check out was a breeze, got to Terminal 3 with no worries. All in all, brilliant hotel, and great value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at the Renaissance as it was well placed to catch a flight from Heathrow. It seemed a vast rather soul-less place but that said our room was fine and totally sound proofed from flight noise. The hotel is also within the free bus zone round Heathrow. Had an enjoyable meal at The Three Magpies a local pub 400 yards west of the Hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We tend to use this hotel as an overnight stay before a morning flight from Heathrow, because extended parking is available in their car park and the taxi service to Heathrow always seems to be efficient.

When we arrived this time, I was offered an upgrade to a Club room for an additional £45. This included entry to their lounge, where light snacks, wine and beer were served and also breakfast in the morning.

We ate supper in the bar, which was good if rather expensive. We then moved to the lounge, which had stunning views of the runway.

The breakfast was so good, I think I would have happily paid the upgrade fee for it! A buffet of smoked fish, meats, cheeses and pastries, together with fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.

In general, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Disturbingly, on our return to the UK I needed to wait for a while at the main desk. A number of people who were checking out seemed to have complaints, from a man who complained that the taps in the bathroom were so stiff that both he and his wife struggled to turn them to a man who said the sheets on his bed were dirty! I have no idea if this is standard stuff when people check out, but no-one seemed to be asked for a price reduction. Certainly, our experience was a good one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!