“Don't go” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wagamama - Heathrow T5

Wagamama - Heathrow T5
ru3022, Terminal 5 departures level, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2GA, England
0208 2836 186
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Edinburgh
“Don't go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Went to wagamama at heathrow for a quick lunch. I ordered a dish called firecracker prawns which was priced at £10.95 and a diet coke. Everyone around me was getting the same service, drinks arriving without food or food first and no drinks. My dish arrived, it looked a reasonable sized dish but on closer inspection, I counted only 6 very small prawns that would fit on one desert spoon!!
I told the waiter that for the price, I was not happy to get only 6 small prawns. He took the dish away and came back and told me that the chef said that was the normal portion. I left!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fine pleasant place to eat in heathrow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

A fine place to eat in terminal 5. Very pleasant staff. Service is quick. The room is bright and comfortable. The food is tasty and well presented. This place won't blow your mind but is better than most restaurants you find in airport terminals. I will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newton, Massachusetts
“Quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love Wagamama. It's quick and flavorful. In hindsight, though, that much salt before a flight was probably not such a great idea.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cramlington, United Kingdom
“Tasty but know what you're asking for!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A tasty meal is a good way to fill time whilst in terminal 5, in my opinion.! Wagamama seemed a good option for something flavourful . The service was good for what seemed a fast food restaurant. As expected a bit pricey for being in the airport but looked quite a varied menu. Explanations seemed reasonably clear for what was in each dish. So I thought?? Gluten free variations quickly offered. However what I thought described rice noodles and beef made me smile as a bowl of soup and ladle appeared!!! Very tasty but expensive for soup! I clearly need educating. Communal tables were quickly cleared and clean. Not for me tho.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“A let down compared to other Wagamamas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having already been let down by the fact that Terminal 5 has no executive/priority lounge (unless you are already a least a silver member of BA's frequent flyer programme) - I did think at least a meal and drink in Wagamama would be a good way to start our time away. Particularly as this would be my husband's first visit to one, and he wanted to see why I, our daughter and grand-daughter liked the brand so much.

It was automatically apparent that the prices were more expensive here than in other branches. This was fairly busy but no worse than I had seen in other places. The wait staff were quite friendly, but then seemed to leave you alone for long periods. We ordered a chicken katsu curry (and were told if my husband wanted the healthier grilled rather than the deep fried version he would get less chicken for the same money) and a Yasmin Katsu curry, and were talked into a seaweed salad as a side order (nice but immensely spicy). We also decided to have a bottle of Chenin Blamc which they eventually after 20 mins pls came back to tell us they didn't have, but that we could have a smaller carafe of it which would have worked out around £8 more expensive than the bottle! We chose the Pinot Grigio instead which was ok but wouldn't get it again!

Next problem was my husband's food was delivered after around 25 mins, together with the side dish, but mine was not delivered for another 15 mins, obviously meaning he had nearly finished by the time I was starting my meal. Highly unsatisfactory ! The food was distinctly average bulked up by too much boiled rice and the curry sauce had little flavour for either of our meals.

This restaurant is likely to be many people's first experience of Wagamama, and I suspect that a lot of them, like my husband will then not want to try any other branches so poor is the experience here ! Totally disappointed by a sub standard, over priced, poor quality meal and dining experience !

• Visited April 2013