“Good if flying to/from T4” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Ashburn, VA
“Good if flying to/from T4”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed here for day use during a long layover. It is one of the few hotels that offer day use rooms. From T3 we took a free train to T4 and then a covered walkway to the hotel. The distance isn't too bad but if you're tired with two kids in tow, the 15 min walk may feel like several miles!

We were in a king room which was small but clean. The in-room wifii was fast. We used the executive lounge for refreshments , there were decent options for snacks and drinks. We also ordered room service for lunch, it was fine. Can't say much about the restaurants as we didn't try any. There's a convenience store in the lobby which is managed by a third party.

We requested a taxi for our return to T3 in the evening and it was ready at requested time. I was originally told by the concierge that taxi driver would accept a credit card for payment but right before we got in the car was informed this particular taxi didn't have a card reader. The taxi driver agreed to accept payment in USD bills to save us some time.

This property is very convenient if you need a place to freshen up and are flying out of T4. It's clean, beds are comfortable, staff is good.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
Arden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed here because it was close to the airport for a flight back to the US. I didn't want to deal with tubes, taxis and trains so this is the perfect spot. This hotel is connected to Terminal 4 via a covered walkway. It is a short walk and then a quick free train connection to Terminal 3. It was very easy and convenient.

Check in was simple and easy. The room was good size for a single. My window over looked the runway but you couldn't hear any noise. The bathroom and shower was nice. The shower will spray on the floor because there isn't a curtain or door. The bed was too firm for my taste so it wasn't a very restful sleep, not the type of beds that are typically at Hilton's. The beds at the Premiere Inn was actually much better.

The food service was quick and pleasant. Depending on flight schedule I might stay again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Arden N

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us,

Your comments regarding our ideal location are a pleasure to read and I am sorry to read that you found our beds uncomfortable. They are the standard Hilton beds but are new perhaps that is why you did not have such a comfortable night.

Our reception team always aim to please and I am delighted that you found check in to be quick and efficient and our staff to be pleasant and helpful. I will share your kind comments with our front office team who will be more than happy to hear of your high praise.

We appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have stayed here on a number of occasions and have always found it to be excellent. The staff are well trained, in particular I would like to mention Andrea the breakfast waitress, she managed to put a smile on our faces each morning. Everything about this hotel is first class from the room to the executive lounge.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear PatsyLong

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us very much and look forward to seeing you again soon.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Toddington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a great hotel. Very convenient to Terminal 4. It has a very nice lobby and the staff is very attentive. The rooms are always comfortable and the amenities are just right. I always stay here when returning from business in the UK.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear John L

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and to this hotel. If I can assist you further before then I'd be happy to hear from you and ask that you contact me on the below e-mail address.

Su.mills@hilton.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I spent a night here before I took an early morning flight to the US. I arrived very late due to work commitments, and discovered that I'd been upgraded to an executive twin instead of the normal queen I booked. Not sure how this worked, but as an hhonors member it was nice, had I had the time to use the Executive Lounge.
The room was very modern and clean. The beds were pushed together and took up the majority of the room, and the room was quite warm (I think there was a problem with the thermostat). Overhead lighting would have been helpful, but overall, I was pleased.
I had the best shower of my life (once I figured out how it worked), so it was difficult to leave in the morning!
The hotel is convenient to T4 by a walk way, and close to the train which connects to the other terminals (about 12 minutes in total assuming no wait for the train).
I usually stay at the Yotel, but I needed this stay to maintain my Silver status with Hilton. I'm glad I made the switch, and the bed was very comfortable.
Wifi was free as it was an Executive room.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear ahw1182

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is a 5 to 10 minute ( depending on your pace ) walk across a covered walkway to the terminal and with it connections to the London Underground, Heathrow Express etc. it is modern in style with good amenities such as health club, Executive Lounge, restaurant bar etc. the rooms are well finished and modern looking with comfortable furnishings. The bathrooms are very small and are more suitable to the individual business traveller than couples and the rooms themselves are fairly compact. For an overnight, though the convenience outweighs everything, and I would definitely use the establishment again. Staff were friendly and the breakfast buffet catered to all needs. The wi if was complimentary to an HH Honors member. One small negative was that the beds are very firm. It was fine for one night but I don't think I would want to sleep on one of them for too many nights.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear stephen c

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport by commenting on TripAdviser. We use the comments together with those on other social media channels to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your comments are self explanatory and advise you had a relatively good stay, should there be anything you wish to share, I'd be happy to hear from you so we can implement .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We normally stay at the Sofitel at T5 however on this occasion the price difference could not be justified. Interestingly, the price was cheaper through Expedia than direct with the Hilton itself. Not quite sure why.

T4 is an awkward terminal to get to if you land at T5. You have to get a train to T1,2 &3 and then a further train to T4. This takes quite a while. I wish Heathrow would sort out these transfers. However, none of this is the fault of the hotel, it's just an awkward venue. Attached to T4 is pushing the trade descriptions boundary. You walk for 5 minutes down a covered but freezing metal tube and then outside to the front of the hotel. It seems never ending after the aforementioned transfer nightmare.

Upon our arrival, you join the main queue. Unlike other Hiltons, there is no separate queue for HH members. Check in was quick and the room was large and comfortable. I would like to point out that when we walked in the TV was on so loudly we winced. If I was in the room next door I would have been very angry indeed. There is no need for the staff to leave a tv on so loud you can't have a conversation! We initially thought people were in the room as we could hear the noise from the corridor.

Drinks at the bar were both reasonable and expensive at the same time. £5.50 for a pint (not bad for an airport and London in general) to a whopping £9.50 for a glass of wine. Absolutely ridiculous and quite unnecessary. You can buy a decent bottle for this price. The Chinese was closed despite it only being 9.30pm which I found odd. After a weekend at Disney, I didn't want a burger etc from the bar menu so ended up not eating.

Another thing the Hilton desperately need to do as a group is install free wi fi. It is really not acceptable for Hilton hotels throughout not to offer wi fi in 2014. The Premier Inn gives you 30 minutes free and then a further 24 hours for £3. The Hilton want £15. Who in their right mind is going to pay this? It is the equivalent of a whole months broadband for most families. Please stop exploiting customers and start listening to their constant complaints about this unfair policy. And before the manager responds with 'it is Hilton company policy as a whole and not individual to this hotel' - WE KNOW! We're asking you and every other manager of the Hilton hotels who have to deal with this complaint time after time on Tripadvisor to bring it to the attention of Hilton bosses and change it.

Overall this is a solid, wi fi less hotel. Decent price and represents value for money. Would stay again on the basis I have my own wi fi on my phone.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SpanishScouse

A short note to say thank you for completing a Trip Advisor review following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was sorry to read your comments on transfers to the hotel. Although retrospective and something you may know already, we do have a Hotel Hoppa service from Terminal 5 to the hotel.

I appreciate this is not ideal for all passengers travelling to and from Terminals 1, 2 & 3 but taking all things into account, we are still very well connected and without incurring additional expense to all Terminals at Heathrow Airport. Guests can do this by using the free Heathrow Connect train from Terminal 4 to all terminals including Terminal 5.

Notwithstanding this, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused you and please be assured, we constantly review the situation to ensure guests have the best of transfers to all airports.
I would very much appreciate the opportunity of welcoming you back and given such an opportunity ask that you contact me directly on su.mills@hilton.com so I can oversee your reservation for you personally

Thank you again for your comments as without these we would not have the chance to make things good where lacking. I hope to hear from you in terms of another stay and remain for now, with kind regards

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!