“Convenient to Heathrow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
Houston, Texas
“Convenient to Heathrow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Convenient to Heathrow and trains to London. However it is a bit of a walk (covered) from Terminal 4 to the hotel and if you arrive at other terminals, you have to transfer via the free trains. I arrived Saturday morning and was fortunate that a room was available, so I was able to shower, change clothes and head into London straight away. Paul at the Concierge desk was most helpful with advice on the trains/tube to London and sightseeing in the city. Service in the bar was a bit slow Saturday night even though it was not crowded.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Mark S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdviser. We take notice of the feedback received from our guests both good and not so good. This enables us to provide a service our guests expect.

Heathrow is expanding especially with the new terminal open and there is as you say free transport links by train throughout the terminals. Full transfer and directions are always kept up to date on our web site.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Polish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had already booked on Airport Parking for our trip to Shanghai leaving T4 early the next day so the addition of a sleepover was a last minute decision. The Hilton is the only on airport option so we had no idea if the standards would be poor. We we surprised at how good this hotel is. There is a long walk in a tunnel to get to the hotel but we like the security factor provided by this.
The reception staff were excellent treating every guest as special. They gave us what is deemed a new room and whilst it was small the bed was huge and very comfortable. Clever use of the space means you did not feel you needed anything that was not there and the bathroom with large glass shower was noteworthy. The happy times continued through to the restaurant. It was late so we ordered light but still great service from the Hungarian waitress who regaled us with stories and anecdotes. The burger I had was succulent for man who does no do burgers. We had a good sleep and were certainly ready for our long trip the next morning.

Room Tip: No point paying extra for premium rooms the standard room is great for one night.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Gerad B

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdviser. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it set you up for your onward journey.

Happy travelling.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

A good night's sleep before flying the next day. The Hilton has everything you need. The trademark club sandwich, quiet rooms, wifi and a walk or shuttle to every terminal. Typical Hiltoin, reliable and with excellent service and restaurants.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but try for a higher floor away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Toby21Sydney

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Maybe this part was our fault. We would fly into terminal 1 and depart early the next morning out of terminal 3. We thought it best to get a hotel on airport and chose the Hilton at terminal 4. We discovered we were in for a long trek from terminal 1 to the train station that would get us to terminal 4. We had ten weeks worth of luggage. The train would come in 14 minutes but it was free. We carted luggage on and off and up elevators. At terminal 4 it was another eight minute walk to the hotel. Maybe this part was their fault. Based on estimated arrival at the hotel we asked for early check-in, prior to noon for a fee. The hotel e-mailed to say they couldn't offer us this service at this time. We actually arrived at one thirty to ask if we could store luggage until check-in time. The clerk beamed brightly and told us they just happened to have a room ready and we could have it. Then they added a considerable early check-in fee to our bill not once but twice. We have close to 350 Trip Advisor contributions so you may guess how many hotels we have stayed in. Not once, ever, anywhere, have we been charged an early check-in fee. I did my purple face and they waived the two fees. it was a Sunday. The restaurant was advertised to be open but was closed. We had to eat in the bar. On departure we asked if there was an alternative to walks and trains and elevators and crowds, an easier way to get to terminal 3. The answer was a taxi at a fixed fee of 15 pounds cash or 20 pounds on credit card. We swallowed the 15 pound charge and were very glad to get out of London and Heathrow. P.S The room was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear AJ&ERtravel

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. We really appreciate guests taking the time to add their comments to TripAdvisor or by completing Hilton's on-line guest questionnaire which we use to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Although your scores are self explanatory and overall advise you had a pleasant stay, should you wish to contact me in relation to any specifics of your stay I'd be happy to hear from you so I can investigate on your behalf. We do provide full travel and transport details on our web site for our guests and also offer buggy transport from Terminal 4 through to the hotel.

I wish you a pleasant week and remain for now with kind regards
Su.mills@hilton.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed in center of London all my trip for 2 weeks. But the night before I arrived at this hotel. It was at the airport. No other hotel I think is closer. BUT you pay for the convenience. No hassle to getting to the airport - just walk the really long covered/protected from the elements walkway. It is on the HIGH side for a regular room - I paid about $200 - $270.

Room was clean, including bathroom. Staff was nice and helpful at the front desk. Food was so so - nothing exciting or special - regular food, good/tasty. Limited amenitities - pool and workout center. There's an Executive area - but you must pay for that level to have access. Free wifi in the lobby - public areas like the restaurants.

I could sit in room and watch the planes take off. INCREDIBLY QUIET !!!!!!!! Got a great nice sleep. Rested and was ready for plane ride back to the states.

Contemporary design through out the hotel.

Free travel from Terminal 4 to Terminals 1,2 & 3 on the Heathrow Express (travel between terminals is free) which is AWESOME - so it allows you to connect to get back in / out of town easily. I want to say the tube ride I took to get into town from airport was about a good 45 min to 65 min ride - off peak time after 9am or 9.30am.

Other choices are off property - you'll have cheaper prices - you'll have to worry about getting to the airport - that cost and will they pick you up on time and drop you off in time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear USAEnglishPrincess

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The Hilton was fantastic ,!very convenient for terminal 4 , bit expensive , we had a stay and park deal, the car park was situated lower than the hotel so you had to lug suitcases down a flight of stairs, because when you were in the car park your car either stayed there or pay £20 to get out again , after much arguing with the rude car park attendant we got the hotel staff to certify the ticket, although this does not seem to be the norm!! I suggest all rules and regs sorted ASAP it got our holiday off to a bad start, thank goodness it got better .

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Jacky S

From your comments I understand that you had difficulty when using the car park. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused. Our Concierge are always available to assist in guests with their luggage to and from their car and it is unfortunate that you were unable to take advantage of this on this occasion.

Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here on Sunday as flight was 6am Monday morning did not want to travel to London so early (needed to be there 3 hours ahead for international flight). Was very surprised by the rate paid $100 which included breakfast, which by the way was a buffet style and excellent. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The facility was clean everywhere I looked with a very friendly and positive atmosphere ALL staff very helpful and polite. I ate alone in the restaurant and the service was excellent and the food surprisingly delicious. I did not expect the long walk from the terminal but I liked that they had posted 4 minutes to hotel... 2 minutes to hotel on the walkway which helped. All in all a great nights rest and I would stay again and recommend it for a very pleasant night for the business traveller.

Room Tip: This is convenient for Terminal 4 great for business traveller but there were some families there an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Su M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Trudy H

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!