“Great location and excellent breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
umina
“Great location and excellent breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Heathrow for two nights at the beginning of July in a Queen Hilton Guest Room on the fourth floor. Breakfast was included.

Having stayed here three years ago, on three separate days, in three different rooms, we were disappointed with the room we were given this time. Although acceptable, it would benefit from an update as would parts of the hotel and the bridge leading to Terminal 4.

The full buffet breakfast was excellent and the best we had whilst overseas.

A bonus is the heated swimming pool

We would stay here again for the convenience and close proximity to Terminal 4 and for the breakfast and pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear kuffsUmina

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

Your comments about the condition of the rooms has been noted and we are in the process of planning a refurbishment on rooms soon.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and again, in the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help

kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

First I need to say that I did not spend the night here. The hotel looked quite nice and was quite possibly a decent place to stay. But I am submitting this review because Hilton should not have led me there in the first place. We had to make a connection at Heathrow Airport, and since we were getting in late at night and leaving early the following morning, I booked a room at the Hilton Heathrow. I knew there were multiple terminals at Heathrow, but I also knew that there was good transportation among the terminals, and, with a seven hour layover, I didn’t worry much about which terminal I was arriving at or leaving from. We arrived at night at terminal four after a long journey, immigration was especially slow because it was late and most of the booths were unstaffed. We collected our bags and were pleased to see conspicuous signs for the Hilton which indicated a different route than for the other hotels. After walking with our luggage through a long series of passages we came to the Hilton. But when I tried to check in, I was told that they were the Hilton Heathrow Airport at Terminal 4, whereas my reservation was for Hilton Heathrow Airport Terminal 5. The man at the desk said that it happens all the time; that the other hotel was a newly opened franchise operation, and that it was the franchise’s responsibility, not theirs to update the signs to indicate the presence of two hotels. If we wanted to wait a Hilton shuttle could take us for about 5 pounds, or if we had 20 pounds in cash he could call a taxi. I did not want to wait, so we took the taxi to the more distant “Hilton Heathrow.” I am annoyed enough with Hilton that I will make a point of choosing other companies’ hotels in situations where I have a choice, and let my Hilton Honors points expire.

Dear jdf927

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport via Trip Advisor which we use to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

Your comment regarding the signage for Hilton Hotels at the airport is actually the responsibility of the airport authority and Hilton is not permitted to place signs other than those provided by the Authority in the airport.

You do not mention who made the reservation for you as travel directions to either hotel are clearly set out on the web page together with details of Hotel Hoppa bus services from the terminal to the hotels.

I am so sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with us on this trip but do hope that you will give us another opportunity of welcoming you to the hotel to experience our hospitality.

Kind regards
Idaho Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have never stayed in a nicer airport hotel. I booked there just for the proximity to Terminal 4, (only a 5 minute walk) I went to the check-in the evening before to avoid the morning rush and print my boarding passes. Unlike so many airport facilities, this was actually a lovely hotel. The Asian restaurant was as good as one could ask for anywhere. And when I checked out at 5 am (yawn!), all I neede to do was drop off my speedy checkout form and walk. No worries about London traffic!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Virginia W

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the lobby view, this looks like a great hotel, especially for the airport. And then there are the rooms. Based on previous experience and knowing there is only ONE executive room that has twin beds (all the rest are queen), we asked in advance for this specific room, despite the fact that it is inward facing. The hotel kindly set it aside for us. (Let me explain that we aren't particularly enamoured with this room but last year were told that if we didn't take a room on the Executive Floor, we could not use the lounge with our HHonors Gold status. I had forgotten that with Diamond status it doesn't matter what floor you are on, you still get lounge access).

So on arrival at 1.45, when we were told that the person occupying the room would not be checking out until 2pm we asked if it was possible to have another (renovated and runway view preferred) TWNB room on any floor, as the executive rooms are no different from the other rooms. We were told that the only renovated rooms were with queen beds, so we decided to keep what we had. No problem.

We went to the lounge and enjoyed afternoon tea. At 3pm, we were told the room would not be ready for a further 25-30 min. but shortly after that time, we were advised the room was ready.
Up we go and open the door to a hot and stuffy space that seemed darker than we remembered---turned out that a spotlight that illuminated the back wall was missing so maybe that was part of the reason. The usual bottled water was in the room but come to think of it, there was no special Diamond amenity, such as a bar of chocolate or welcome note. Not a big deal but still part of the overall Hilton experience.

After fiddling with the a/c, we kidded ourselves that maybe there was some air coming out. We even moved a chair over to stand on to see if the vents were working. We figured that maybe the air had been turned off and it just needed time to kick in and would cool off given some time.

In the meantime, we settled in to check our emails but couldn't get on the system. After calling downstairs, the t.v. flicked off the channel I was watching and suddenly we were getting the 'welcome' announcement. I guess the system hadn't really checked us in :-).

After going over to Cafe Rouge in T4 for some dinner----great roasted chicken--we came back and finally decided that the a/c really wasn't working, as it was much cooler outside and in the hallways than in our room. A call to the front desk soon sent a technician, who arrived with a fan, said he wasn't a qualified engineer so couldn't do anything and would report it to be looked at in the morning. He was very nice and clearly it wasn't his fault. Needless to say, we spent a very uncomfortable night. In the morning, we enjoyed the alway good Hilton Buffet and checked out.
We have had issues with this hotel in the past and each time we think that they must be sorted out but each time we leave feeling that there is something lacking. I know it is an airport hotel, with lots of turnover, but surely a Hilton can have more than one executive room with twin beds or even a king sized bed and surely they could have a few more renovated rooms that are outward facing. The desk clerk told us that it takes a long time to do the renovations, but I don't think that was a good answer. Unless you get a good deal for this hotel (we paid 114 GBP, which was a weekend rate), it is too expensive for what you get. Next time, I think we will give the new Hilton at T5 a try. Despite having to pay for the hoppa bus, it may be worth it in the long run. It's too bad because this hotel has the potential to be good but they just don't seem to know how to go about it. Little things add up to the bigger overall impression of the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: Outside, renovated. Executive doesn't matter but renovated does!
Dear Katchapuri

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment planned, nevertheless, so we can check the room for ourselves, it would be appreciated if you could let us know your room number or name/date of stay to do this.

My email address is:-su.mills@hilton.com and for now I remain with kind regards
austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived at Heathrow at 10am and had to leave early the next day. Sam at the connoisseur's desk helped us out. We had planned to take the express train into town but he found us (within an hour) a driver (not tour guide) to take us to all the locations we wanted in town. It was a great experience and we are very grateful for the time Sam took with us and the experience we had in London. Thanks Hilton!

Room Tip: We like to get a room with a sofa. But they don't have any. Room was find, small but very comfor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear klossau

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Su.mills@hilton.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for one night pre flying Long-Haul. Wouldn't do it again.

I arrived mid afternoon to find that my room had been downgraded from what I had booked! Being HH Diamond I was somewhat perplexed and my room was reinstated at the expense of someone with a lower status being downgraded! Never heard of such nonsence.

The room was pleasent, not overly spacious so I fear what the non executive rooms must be like.

Evening canopies and breakfast in the Executive Lounge were most pleasent.

Sleep quality and air con were both good as were bathroom facilities.

The hotel tries to capitalise on once you being there you aren't going to go out for food and as such way overprices!

A shuttle bus runs from the hotel to T5 if you don't have your own transport.

Based on service and location I would return to the Sofitel next time when flying out from T5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TrumpLasVegasNV

I do apologies for these disappointments, your comments regarding the rooms is something we will look into.

Please be assured that your experience does not reflect the standards of service we aim to offer and I do hope you will give us another opportunity and that you will return to the hotel so we can show you we can do much better.
Manhattan Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel before flying home the next day. Our room was small but very pleasant. Paying 15 pounds for 24 hours of wifi seems pretty stiff (and we were on the HIlton Honors floor -- you get it free only if you are at the top level of HH...but it was free with points, so the price was right). My husband really enjoyed the fitness center. Our dinner at the Aromi was very nice, with good service, I thought. Note: it is a loooong walk from Terminal 4!

Dear doolang

The walking time between Terminal 4 and the hotel is approximately 7 minutes however there is a telephone on the pillar at the entrance to the walkway which connects to Concierge at the Hotel. If required the Concierge will drive a buggy up to the terminal to pick guests up and bring them through to the hotel.

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!