“In need of a serious update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Seattle, Washington
“In need of a serious update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Located, what seems like miles from terminal 4, this Hilton is not what I've come to expect. The rooms and bathrooms are old and in desperate need of an update. Public wifi was offers for free and the staff was very friendly during check in and check out. There's literally nothing around within waking distance with the exception of the mile hike back to the airport. Terminal 5 offers an amazing Hilton property that I'd recommend over terminal 4

• Stayed April 2013
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear TravelingGuy31

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us and am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment planned.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Polish first
Mission, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hoel is the perfict location for early morning flights from termanal 4.
Just a 8 minute walk to your airplane ticket agent.
The only thing they could do beter is to offer a bag or box for those that have to leave before breakfast is served, we had a breakfast included in our rate, that we could not use, their response was to order another breakfast from room service.
Air France has a Board room which offers better food for free

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear tripbugbc1

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around. As you are aware we do offer a continental breakfast for guests from 5:00am and a full breakfast from 6:00am.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was an overnight stay with a very early departure. Nicely laid-out hotel with helpful staff on the whole; however I had to go inside to ask someone to get our luggage from the taxi. Concierge desk was good with printing some documents for me late in the evening, and with adjusting time of the next morning's transfer to Terminal 1. Room service late dinner was OK. Only negative note was that the fridge in the room was not working, and had not been working before we arrived - mini-bar had been emptied. Room itself was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear J P

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay however have noted your comment regarding the mini bar and apologise for any inconvenience this caused. Wherever possible we do offer our guests a room change if any ot the facilities are not to their liking.

Europe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Up side:
Very convenient, within walking distance from terminal 4.

Big atrium, beautiful hotel with water features in the lobby and restaurant area. The sound of the water helps you relax after a long flight. It has 3 different restaurants and a great, big breakfast buffet.

Down side:
It is expensive (the rooms and the restaurants).
The main restaurant has a very small menu selection, very average food and definitely overpriced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CYPEurope

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

Noted are your comments on prices and as much as we try to keep in line with hotels in the local area, I am sorry you feel we are expensive.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and again.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my return to England from Thailand. Having paid at most £8 for a night in some places in Thailand and Laos and received two free bottles of water a night, I was horrified to discover that having paid £144 for a night here I would also have to pay £4 for a bottle of water disgusting!!! Other than this the hotel is lovely it looks a little dirty from the outside and there was a massive crack down the wall in the room but the staff are great and it looks nice and plush inside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel is a short walk from the terminal it's located in, but if you come in on the other side of the airport, you need to take a taxi or the underground train. I flew United and the hotel was on the opposite side of the airport. I took a taxi because of the convenience.

The room was fairly nice. It had an in-room safe and the thermostat worked great; the room can be nice and cold for those who like to sleep in cold temperatures (Room 407). The room did only have one available outlet that I could locate and the TV only got 20 channels.

The hotel restaurant was good but the prices seemed steep and the service was slow. I paid 40 Pounds for a chicken sandwich with broccoli (instead of fries), bottle of water, and apple pie with ice cream. Though, the food was very good and the apple pie was amazing. During my stay, I ordered it three times!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear JonnyBlaze777

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

We look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more to stay with us and enjoy more apple pie.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel sucked so badly.

It wasn't cheap at £125 for a night, but we thought it would be worth it to stay so close to the Terminal we were flying from the next day. We were wrong.

I had no sleep. The room was like a sauna. The air conditioning did little to help, and was extremely noisy. So I had the choice of lying awake listening to the air conditioning unit, or lying awake melting in the desert like temperatures. In fact, I have just returned from Corcovado in Costa Rica, where we stayed in tents and were boiling much of the time, and Hilton Terminal 4 was comparable in temperature despite it being early April.

The receptionist was pleasant enough, however, we ended up getting the shuttle to Terminal 5 to eat, as the food prices in the Hilton were laughable and the choice wasn't great anyway. Skipped breakfast for the same reason.

I would advise anyone travelling from Terminal 4, that the Sofitel in Terminal 5 is a fabulous hotel and is only 10 minutes away by shuttle bus so there really is no need to stay in this terrible hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear TravellingOrange

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the pricing and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible. Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!