“LOVING IT” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
New York City, New York
“LOVING IT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you have not got much time in London between flights than this is the place. Extremely efficient and very friendly staff. The rooms are completely soundproof and very comfortable... What would you expect from a Hilton right? Restaurant has something for everyone. And you are with the Heathrow Express in a jiffy at Paddington station (okay it is expensive but the express is fast, convenient and SHORT travel time...Do not forget that from Heathrow to Leicester square it is about an hour on the tube...)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear terrencets

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are always pleased to see guests post travel tips etc in their comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Polish first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Not much to say about this place. It is a perfectly good clean and modern place to rest ahead of a flight that is connected to terminal 4 by a walkway (allow 10 minutes to amble across). The bars and restaurants are OK, but not great, and as you would expect they aren't great value (unlike the £78 room) but it was perfectly adequate and did the job.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear goodjudge

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Rooms are smallish, but it was all we really needed as we were just there for one night before flight back to Malaysia. Very quiet room. HH Gold gave us access to the executive lounge, where staff were very accommodating, and good selection of drinks and snacks. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peter B

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With kind regards and thanks again,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here the night before our flight from terminal 4. Really convenient location. We walked 10 minutes to check in, woke up 30 min before that. If we've stayed elsewhere we'd have to wake up way earlier and have to take a taxi or train. At £87 it's really worth it considering the location and the brand name (Hilton). The room itself is ok, good enough to sleep in, have shower etc, was not expecting anything spectacular. After check in to the flight, we still have ample time to walk back, relax and have a cuppa, watch TV before we checked out and made our way to the terminal to board our flight! Excellent! Would definitely stay here again if catching a morning flight from Terminal 4. Much better location than the terminal 5 Hilton which is nowhere near the terminal and therefore should have the name changed to exclude the terminal 5 tag.

Room Tip: Book early, save money! I paid £87 which is a good rate. A nearby hotel (which you pay according to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear sam5un9

Lockerbie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had a long lay over at LHR so needed a room for the day, not cheap, no but not too bad, lovely friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble. An airport hotel through and through but alot of lovely little extras too.

Exec. lounge was spacious and friendly, all I needed for the stay.

Gym and pool were spotless but nothing to write home about, unexpectedly busy for day time but heyho, no problems with that!

I've stayed before, overnight and I will stay again, hopefully for a bit longer next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pr0fessi0nalC0uple

With regards and thanks again,
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Came down to meet my son ,ideal if you are flying from terminal 4
8min from dep gates,clean and modern surroundings.
The room had everything you needed and clean,did not eat in the hotel went back in to the terminal .
We had a few drinks in the bar the service was very good would use Hilton again

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Atkins95

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If I could give ZERO stars, I would. After conversing only moments before about how nice everyone we had encountered in England was, we walked into the Heathrow Hilton and met the front desk clerk-with-an-attitude. So - we stand corrected. There are snotty, snooty people in England.

On approaching our room, there were dirty dishes on a tray in front of our door. A hotel employee was in the hall so I mentioned it to her, and she said, "Oh yes, I noticed that. I called someone to come and get them." And I thought, "Really? As an employee concerned with customer service you can't pick up the tray and move it yourself?" But she didn't. She left them right where they were, so I pushed the tray aside with my foot to enter our room. Having dirty dishes to step around sent a message - but not the welcome we had in mind.

The lighting system was new to me - you have to leave your room key in the lighting slot in order to have electrical in the room. When my daughter went to the lobby for something and my husband was going to go get ice, I couldn't shower unless I did so in the dark because they would each have taken a key.

The fellow at the front desk said room service was available 24/7. The menu in the room, however, said 8 am to 11 pm. After a late and round-about TUBE trip, we hurriedly ordered at exactly 11 - and the food came quickly - but one of the items was not as listed in the menu. I wouldn't recommend any of it unless you hadn't eaten since breakfast and were starving. I called about the plate that was not correct and the guy didn't exactly argue - but he did try to convince me it was fine as sent even though not as listed and not worth the 14 pound price tag. On my insisting, he did return for it and took it off our tab.

Our snack refrigerator was nearly empty. Don't count on getting anything there.

WiFi? Sure - only 15 pounds for the evening and we arrived at 11 pm. (We had moved from a hotel in which we paid just 20 pounds for an entire week, 24/7.) Hilton's wifi rates seemed a bit high and, for the price of the room, should really have been provided for gratis.

And the bed. I pay for a hotel room to SLEEP. The bed itself may have been fine - but the ridiculous way in which it was made up really diminished the comfort level. There was just one sheet on the bed, (and reading other reviews, I guess I should consider myself lucky to have had one at all). I am not sure if it was intended to be a bottom sheet or a top sheet. It was not fitted, and not large enough to tuck under the mattress, so I don't think it was intended as a bottom sheet. It might have been construed to be a top sheet - but then we would have slept on the scratchy mattress pad and that did not seem like a comfortable idea. It was more of a table cloth, just hanging slightly over the edge of the bed. So - we tried to sleep on it - but any turning or moving in bed caused it to pull up and around our feet, legs, etc. Also not comfortable. When I first laid down on the table cloth and under the comforter, I felt like I had a weighted sheet over me. TOO heavy and too bulky! So, I pulled the comforter out of the duvet cover, used the duvet cover as a top sheet and had the comforter available if I got chilled during the night. That worked. But I would have preferred a fitted bottom sheet, a flat top sheet and a less bulky, less heavy comforter. It was amazing to me that a Hilton did not possess sufficient linens to make a bed properly. I know fitted sheets make the laundering process and the cart-stocking process a bit more difficult, but I do appreciate it when a hotel goes the distance on making the bed comfortable for sleeping. With the Hilton name and price tag, I do expect at least that level of service.

The bathroom was clean except for black mold in the corners of the shower.

All in all - the Heathrow Hilton was a disappointment. If not for the proximity to the airport (a 7 minute walk to terminal 4), I think they would have trouble getting return business. I know they won't get mine.

Room Tip: I'd try an entirely different hotel for the best room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear JWminnesota

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly advise me of your date of stay and room number if indeed you can recall it which will aid me in identifying the room occupied.

I thank you in advance and should there be any further comment you would like to share, I would be more than happy to hear from you and remain for now with kind regards

For speed, please respond, your time permitting, on

su.mills@hilton.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
Sofitel London Heathrow
Heathrow Hotel Bath Road
Heathrow Hotel Bath Road
#2 of 12 in West Drayton
4.0 of 5 stars 1,675 reviews

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!