“Excellent choice for an over night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - From £100
Ranked #6 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Du13
“Excellent choice for an over night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I had to check in this hotel due to missing my connection flight out of Heathrow. The 1st thing I hated was the long walk through the tunnel from Heathrow to the hotel. It was a fifteen minute walk with very cold windy weather and luggage. but once out of the tunnel the long walk was worth it, it's a 5 star hotel with excellent decor and beautiful lobby and bar/lounge are behind the reception. The check-in was quite quick even though I had no reservations but given the layout of the hotel the room was far away from the lobby reception area. But once in the room or even the hotel, you hear no planes at all as if your in the city. The room size is very nice with all amenities and coffee/tea makings, but no window to open given the hotel location.
The staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay there again if I had an over night at Heathrow.

Room Tip: To have quick access to lobby area/lounge and front desk, ask for a room close to the elevators, (an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Du13

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport albeit your stay was unplanned. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,

1,698 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Halstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Heathrow on the night before we flew out to Dubai ..
What a great location, a short walk via a rather chilly tunnel to the centre of terminal 4
We parked our car in the car park just 30 yards from the hotel lobby
The rooms are very clean and have everything you need, it's very quite considering the runway is no more than 100mts away from your bedroom window, there was also no noise from the other guest leaving for flights all through the night, which is very unusual at airport hotels ..
We paid £165 for the night and that included 8 days parking which we feel is great value for money.
We ate in the airport terminal as the prices in the hotel were rather exspensive
This hotel is perfect for customers who don't want the hassle of picking up buses when they have returned from a long flight to get to their cars , just a short walk from the terminal ..

Perfect ..

• Stayed November 2012
Dear awayalotboy

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

everything here was spot on from the moment we arrived until we left
we lacked for nothing and the service and standards were impeccable!

we especially liked the concierge,alan, was outstanding and made us feel right at home
and was very kind and gracious to our lad- great place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear m h

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this by answering any specific points raised, or perhaps assistance on a future stay, please mail me on :-
su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and many thanks again,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was an end of the long, active trip and we were tired, hadn't had the best of beds and were ready for a little pampering. This was a very good choice. The bed was heavenly, the little refrigerator drinks welcome, the clean and lovely bathroom a pleasure. For our last night the location was super, right next to terminal 4 at Heathrow. We just walked our bags in and caught the terminal train to our concourse. Oh, the muffins the next morning in the coffee shop were wonderfully fresh and tasty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear maxie001

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards
Barnsley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I will try and keep this short.
Plus point the location. As my partner was traveling from T4 it was an obvious choice. The hotel is directly connected to the terminal via a covered tunnel. It takes only 5 minutes to get to T4 so booking in was a dream. It also means that you can eat in T4 rather than spending 'daft' money in the hotel itself. Reasonable choice and only 5 minutes away and dont forget to stock up on essentials like water as it will cost you £4 in the hotel. Although the downside to this is that you are forbidden to use the mini bar to put your own goods in. If you do they will charge you - or so it says on a forboding notice on the front of it. I also fail to see how a small box of pringles can be £4.20 and a tiny tiny bottle of wine (187 ml) be £10.00. It really is just to much to pay. If you can try and get yourself some little milk pods as you will only get four and you need at least two per drink (it whole milk too - does anybody still drink whole milk in tea yak!)
I can imagine that when this was first opened it was fantastic however it now a few years old and it shows. The furniture is tatty and damaged. The chair was stained and worn and the wall behind the beverages was stained with splashes from the many cups of tea etc made there. The bathroom although it was clean was showing its age with the grouting in many places having turned a curious bright orange colour.
As somebody else said the windows are triple glazed and it does seem rather claustrophobic and the air con is bonkers when its on you freeze; off and you perspire alot!
The staff were not tremendously enthusiastic or welcoming rather too business like for me. Although the concierge was very helpful so big thank you to him. He actually engaged in a conversation. The odd thing was the express check out. You get a note passed under your door in the night telling you how much extra they have calculated for your stay and that you can just put your keys in an envelope and put it in a box at reception. Did they not want to say "goodbye" or "did you enjoy your stay"? Seemingly not i personally think that a bit sad and taking 'express service' one step to far.
For £189.00 for one night i thought it was absolutely NOT value for money. Not sure of what your options might be but if you are happy to get a shuttle/taxi to T4 from another hotel then save yourself the money and use them. Sorry to say i have to go back in four weeks as i've already paid for a room when i return to pick my partner up. Teach me to be so hasty.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear giddykipper1965

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I was disappointed to read you that you had a poor experience with us.

I do apologies for these disappointments, your comments regarding the state of the hotel is noted and we are starting a refurbishment of the hotel in the new year.

Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I’ve stayed at this hotel a couple of times before, and I’ve never been too impressed. The only reasons why I keep staying here are the location (within walking distance from Terminal 4) and, of course, the chain (any road warrior knows that points are money, and Hilton is my default brand).

Why am I unimpressed? Well, for starters, they have that make-believe room-temperature dial in the room, which they also have at the Hilton in Madrid – and it doesn’t work in either hotel. Your choices during the cold months are simple: heat or no heat. You can expect those dials to moderate the temperature as much as you can expect your Tonka trucks to build a skyscraper. But at least in Madrid you have the option to open the windows. Not in here: the windows are double-locked to ensure no one attempts to lower the temperature. And that’s if you’re lucky enough to get a room that faces the outside, because many others face the lobby (tip for claustrophobic people: request an outside-facing room or you’ll have a rough time!)

Of course, I woke up at 1:45am, sweating like a sprinter because there also isn’t an option to just cover yourself with a light sheet or thin blanket: all you have is the duvet, which is pretty warm. Seriously – no sheet! (pun intended?) But at least they sent in a fan to my room, which helped cool things down a bit.

What is truly unacceptable to me is the lousy internet connection: the signal was so weak that my both my laptop and iPad kept dropping it, and when they found it again it would be painfully slow and unreliable. It took me half an hour to finally be able to keep the signal long (and strong) enough to send an email. I was in room 534, btw, which isn’t the most centric room in the building but it also wasn’t that isolated (and, even if it was, I’d still expect the hotel to add the necessary routers to deliver a decent internet signal to all its rooms).

Finally, the hallway had a pungent ashtray smell, even though the hotel (or at least the rooms) is no-smoking. Wonder what that was about.

POSITIVE: I had the most delicious crispy duck at the Chinese restaurant downstairs. It almost made me want to stay here again despite everything I just wrote above. Yeah, it was THAT good. Also, the business lounge had a fairly wide selection of breakfast items. Usually these lounges have very limited options, but this one was the exception. The staff was also quite friendly. They were admittedly helpless when it came to solving the issues I mention above, but these are up to Management to solve, not the staff.

Room Tip: Claustrophobic? Watch out for lobby-facing rooms! No ventilation or natural light!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear DanielWeiHo

I do apologies for these disappointments, your comments regarding the air conditioning during your stay have been noted and this is something we will look into. Also your comments regarding the problems with the wifi is currently being challenged with BT Openzone who are our internet supplier. Please be assured that we are actively purusing BT to ensure that all our guests receive an excellent wifi connection.

San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I decided to stay here as I had an early morning flight back to the States. I had flown in to terminal 5 but it took me forever to get to terminal 4; and for that very reason I wouldn't stay here again. The hotel website advises to wait for the courtesy shuttle but it would have been easier to get the tube/heathrow express to terminal 4 and walk over. I ended up on a shuttle from 26-27 but the driver forgot to stop at terminal 4 so I ended up doing a loop.
The atrium of the hotel is nice. Nice inviting bars to chill out and relax. Rooms are modern and okay. My biggest disappointment was the Zen restaurant where the food left much to be desired. Three members of staff saw me wait at the restaurant to be seated but none approached; clearly felt they had to ignore me until the manger greeted me. I ordered the tempura, which was a mistake. Probably the worst that I've ever tasted - bland and too much batter. The beef in basil was better but the beef was overcooked. With one glass of wine on top the bill came to 38 pounds; they had added a 5 pound service charge which I didn't appreciate. If you decide to stay in the hotel then I suggest you opt for Oscars where the food is probably better, even though it is your typical pub food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear RunnerJac

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel and for leaving positive comments. In terms of the service at Zens and the not so positive, I appreciate your honesty and kindly assure you that comments will be looked at by colleagues with the view of making changes where possible.

Should I be able to help with further specifics, please drop me a line on su.mills@hilton.com, when I will be delighted to investigate and respond further to you.

For now I remain with kind regards and hope to hear from you when the need arises,

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!