“Very convenient for T4” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
“Very convenient for T4”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is an old property but is clean and tidy. Gym is decent as is the exec lounge. Food is fine too. Very convenient (5 min walk) for Terminal 4 through a covered but not air conditioned walkway. Free shuttle service to T5. Highly recommend it, especially when demand (presumably due to traffic) is lower and thus prices affordable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Domer130

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

If I can assist you further before then I'd be happy to hear from you and ask that you contact me on su.mills@hilton.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 staff on reception made my daughter and I very welcome on a one night stay before our departure for San Francisco with their polite and friendly manner. Check in was easy and found our room with no problems. We decided to avail ourselves of the pool and sauna before having dinner. Well worth the time, even if its just to look up into atrium structure whilst leisurely enjoying your swim. We ate in the restuarant and although prices are on the expensive side the service was worth it. We did not feel at all rushed and thorough enjoyed the start to our trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear brendi12

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and welcome the opportunity of you staying again when we can exceed your expectations next time around.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 is bright and shiny with soaring architecture evocative of flight. It has comfortable rooms, good food, and friendly service. It almost makes you forget that it is, after all, a soulless airport hotel.

We had a late afternoon flight from Athens to Heathrow and were planning to spend one night at the Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 before continuing our trip back to Washington Dulles the next day. Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy hit the eastern seaboard of the United States, our flight was cancelled, and we weren’t able to go home until 2 days later. Three nights in an airport hotel is a bit much, but we managed to enjoy ourselves and the hotel helped.

We arrived at Terminal 5 and took the shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes to the Hilton Terminal 4. Unlike the other shuttle buses, this one is dedicated to this hotel. Check-in was quick and easy. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, although we only had a Queen bed. One thing that was annoying was the absence of electrical outlets in the bathroom. It wasn’t an issue for me, but my wife had to find an outlet near the bed to plug in the provided blow dryer and her curling iron.

We had access to the Executive Lounge where we had a very good breakfast each morning with lots of options and enjoyed the early evening happy hour with drinks and appetizers.

The hotel is adjacent to Terminal 4 and you can reach it via a covered walkway. Since we were there for a couple of extra days, we walked to Terminal 4 and took the Underground into downtown London for sightseeing. It takes about an hour to get to Leicester Square on the Piccadilly Line.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KeithVA

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one albeit longer than you anticipated and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back.

Su.mills@hilton.com
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here twice; once in late October and then a week later in November 2012.

It was very cold on our arrival in October and the walk from inside Terminal 4 to the inside of the hotel takes close on 10 minutes and can be quite unpleasant in this weather, so you need to be rugged up.
I'm guessing that there is little the hotel can do to improve the temperature inside the walking tunnel because it is open to the elements in some parts.

On our first stay we arrived at the hotel around noon and there were no rooms ready on the Club floor (2nd floor), so we were offered and accepted an inside facing room on the 3rd floor.

The room was quite adequate and clean, if a little small, but well enough appointed for a 1 night stay.
The buffet breakfast that was included was excellent with a large variety of food, and a chef to freshly cook eggs if you wanted.

On our return we were offered, and accepted a room on the 2nd (Club) floor because we were told the rooms had been renovated; what a disappointment.

I had ongoing problems with the internet connection that is apparently maintained by BT.
The hotel told me that the system had been recently upgraded and more wireless hotspots installed however this was of little help to me as I found the connection continually dropping out; I was subsequently offered a credit for the internet charge.

Both single bed bases squeaked when you sat or lay on them. Unfortunately we had not noticed the sound until it was too late, the next morning; the sound was so bad my wife had trouble sleeping because I tend to move around a lot when asleep.
When we brought the matter to the attention of the Front Desk Manager that morning she acknowledged the severity of the problem, apologised for the inconvenience and offered us compensation that we accepted.

The bathroom appeared to be dirty with possibly "black mould" on some parts of the tile grout, indicating that perhaps the room is not cleaned as well as it should be.

We stayed here because of the convenience of the location, but wonder if the convenience and some sub-standard facilities are worth the substantial price premium over hotels located just outside the airport precinct.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inside of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Deare Johnpsau

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

I do apologies for the disappointments you had with our cleaning and for the problems you experienced with the beds in your room. I am pleased you spoke to us before leaving the hotel and we were able to offer you compensation for the inconvenience.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards.Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights whilst running a training workshop in the hotel. As a seasoned traveller, I'm a bit picky about the service I receive and the standards I expect. This hotel did not disappoint. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. The food was extremely tasty (if a bit pricey) and of a very high quality. My room was spaciouis, clean and had all the facilities I needed to make my stay very comfortable. The staff working in the business centre were extremely friendly and very professional. Well done Hilton!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Michelle B

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the meeting went well.

Wayland, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice lobby, but that is it. The hallways are dark and scary, and the rooms are dark small and smelly. Stayed here in order to get to my flight early in the morning, only to discover I still had a 30 minute taxi ride (no van available) for my flight to Dublin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fleichter

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment planned, when we will be looking at the lighting levels of the corridors.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully again fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When travelling from Heathrow we always use this hotel, it is convenient, offers good parking and the staff are pleasant and efficient. However having said that we drove down from Yorkshire on Friday night and arrived at around 11.30 we asked the receptionist if they were still serving food and she said yes until 1am. Great, we took our luggage up to the room, went to park the car freshened up a little and went down to order some food. It was about ten past twelve. We were told sorry the kitchen is closed, when we said that reception said 1am. They just shrugged. After a long trip we were not amused. However, we did call the manager and he offered us some complimentary sandwiches and explained that the fans in the kitchen were being cleaned. So at least we were given an explanation. The food in the executive lounge was good and the breakfast was good too. When we asked for our bacon to be well done our request was accommodated. Don't know why hotels insist on undercooking bacon!

Our room was very nice on both occasions, well appointed, clean with a very nice bathroom. As we were flying from Terminal 5 we got the shuttle both ways, usually the drivers help with the baggage which we normally acknowledge with a good tip. However on our return journey the driver could not have been more unhelpful, he didn't speak, and didn't even get out of his seat, not what we have come to expect as we have used this service many times. However having said all that it is a good hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Rose C

I was disappointed to read that the shuttle bus driver was unhelpful on your transfer from the hotel to the terminal and will make your comments known to the bus company involved.

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!