“Convenient but expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Heathrow Airport

You added Hilton London Heathrow Airport to your Saves list
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminal 4, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 3AF, England   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here twice; once in late October and then a week later in November 2012.

It was very cold on our arrival in October and the walk from inside Terminal 4 to the inside of the hotel takes close on 10 minutes and can be quite unpleasant in this weather, so you need to be rugged up.
I'm guessing that there is little the hotel can do to improve the temperature inside the walking tunnel because it is open to the elements in some parts.

On our first stay we arrived at the hotel around noon and there were no rooms ready on the Club floor (2nd floor), so we were offered and accepted an inside facing room on the 3rd floor.

The room was quite adequate and clean, if a little small, but well enough appointed for a 1 night stay.
The buffet breakfast that was included was excellent with a large variety of food, and a chef to freshly cook eggs if you wanted.

On our return we were offered, and accepted a room on the 2nd (Club) floor because we were told the rooms had been renovated; what a disappointment.

I had ongoing problems with the internet connection that is apparently maintained by BT.
The hotel told me that the system had been recently upgraded and more wireless hotspots installed however this was of little help to me as I found the connection continually dropping out; I was subsequently offered a credit for the internet charge.

Both single bed bases squeaked when you sat or lay on them. Unfortunately we had not noticed the sound until it was too late, the next morning; the sound was so bad my wife had trouble sleeping because I tend to move around a lot when asleep.
When we brought the matter to the attention of the Front Desk Manager that morning she acknowledged the severity of the problem, apologised for the inconvenience and offered us compensation that we accepted.

The bathroom appeared to be dirty with possibly "black mould" on some parts of the tile grout, indicating that perhaps the room is not cleaned as well as it should be.

We stayed here because of the convenience of the location, but wonder if the convenience and some sub-standard facilities are worth the substantial price premium over hotels located just outside the airport precinct.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the inside of the hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Deare Johnpsau

Thank you for posting a comment on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us.

I do apologies for the disappointments you had with our cleaning and for the problems you experienced with the beds in your room. I am pleased you spoke to us before leaving the hotel and we were able to offer you compensation for the inconvenience.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on : su.mills@hilton.com

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain for now with kind regards.Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Polish first
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights whilst running a training workshop in the hotel. As a seasoned traveller, I'm a bit picky about the service I receive and the standards I expect. This hotel did not disappoint. The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. The food was extremely tasty (if a bit pricey) and of a very high quality. My room was spaciouis, clean and had all the facilities I needed to make my stay very comfortable. The staff working in the business centre were extremely friendly and very professional. Well done Hilton!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Michelle B

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Adviser relating to your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel and let me also take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us.

We are very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and the meeting went well.

If in the meantime I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
Wayland, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice lobby, but that is it. The hallways are dark and scary, and the rooms are dark small and smelly. Stayed here in order to get to my flight early in the morning, only to discover I still had a 30 minute taxi ride (no van available) for my flight to Dublin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fleichter

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

I am happy to advise that there is a refurbishment planned, when we will be looking at the lighting levels of the corridors.

In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back soon so we can hopefully again fully exceed your expectations next time around and again. In the meantime, if I can assist with this or with any other aspect of a booking with us, I will be happy to help and remain for now with kind regards
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When travelling from Heathrow we always use this hotel, it is convenient, offers good parking and the staff are pleasant and efficient. However having said that we drove down from Yorkshire on Friday night and arrived at around 11.30 we asked the receptionist if they were still serving food and she said yes until 1am. Great, we took our luggage up to the room, went to park the car freshened up a little and went down to order some food. It was about ten past twelve. We were told sorry the kitchen is closed, when we said that reception said 1am. They just shrugged. After a long trip we were not amused. However, we did call the manager and he offered us some complimentary sandwiches and explained that the fans in the kitchen were being cleaned. So at least we were given an explanation. The food in the executive lounge was good and the breakfast was good too. When we asked for our bacon to be well done our request was accommodated. Don't know why hotels insist on undercooking bacon!

Our room was very nice on both occasions, well appointed, clean with a very nice bathroom. As we were flying from Terminal 5 we got the shuttle both ways, usually the drivers help with the baggage which we normally acknowledge with a good tip. However on our return journey the driver could not have been more unhelpful, he didn't speak, and didn't even get out of his seat, not what we have come to expect as we have used this service many times. However having said all that it is a good hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Su_Mills_12, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Heathrow Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Rose C

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

I was disappointed to read that the shuttle bus driver was unhelpful on your transfer from the hotel to the terminal and will make your comments known to the bus company involved.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

At terminal 4 and an easy 5 minute walk in a long tube to terminal 4. From there you can catch the train to the other terminals. I was departing terminal 3 and from the time it took me to walk from the front door, into terminal 4, catch the Heathrow Express to Central and walk to terminal 3 departures was less than 25 minutes and that was with a ten minute wait for the train. If you have an early flight out, this is where you should stay the night before. I recommend staying in London or wherever you are the day of departure and at night go to this property and save yourself from the early morning epic of getting to your terminal.

Room Tip: Remember that this is one of the biggest, busiest airports in the world. Ask for a room away from t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sooner86

Thank you for posting a comment following your stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or another stay, please mail me on :- su.mills@hilton.com

With regards and thanks again,
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here on Sunday night 10/14/12, before our flight back to Dallas. We landed at terminal 5, at about 8:45pm and waited about 25 minutes for the free shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle driver was great by helping us with our luggage. We got to the hotel and got checked in quickly. The young lady at the front desk was great. We had reserved a queen bed but requested to change to 2 twins due to me catching a cold on our cruise.She changed the room no problem. Since it was late and we were hungry we ordered room service, a bowl of onion soup and a cheeseburger, both were great. The cost was what you expect to pay for room service, but I didn;t care, I was tired & sick I just wanted to shower, eat and go to bed. The food came very quickly. The room was small compared to US standards, but it was fine for one night. The beds were comfy and we couldn't hear any airplane noise.
Breakfast was included with the cost of the room and boy was it fantastic. Breakfast was a self serve buffet breakfast with an omlette station. I ordered an omlette and the chef said he would bring it too me. That was really nice.
After breakfast the front desk staff was very helpful in telling us what terminal American Airlines used and in directing us to the walkway that connects the hotel to terminal 4.
The walk to terminal 4 is long but I did notice benches along the way if you needed to stop and rest for a minute. I enjoyed the walk after the big and wonderful breakfast and since I was about to sit on a plane for 10 hours.
I would stay here again since it is very convenient for early flights out of Heathrow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear postalgrrl

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts and experiences of your recent stay at the Hilton London Heathrow Airport. I am pleased to read your review and good to know that you had a lovely stay with us, and yes our breakfast buffet is great isn't it.

Retrospectively, if I can assist further with this or by answering specific points or perhaps extend assistance for a future stay, please mail me directly on :- su.mills@hilton.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A bit tired now, and not as convenient as the Sofitel is at T5. The executive lounge closes early at 22:30, but it does at least offer breakfast in the morning. Adequate bed, adequate room, adequate facilities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton London Heathrow Airport? Share your experiences!