“Cheap but far from cheerful.” 1 of 5 stars

easyHotel London Heathrow
Brickfield Lane | Harlington, Hounslow UB3 5DX, England   |
Ranked #17 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Dubai
“Cheap but far from cheerful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was expecting the hotel to be basic, but this was bad. It takes 40 minutes to get there on the shuttle bus from the airport, (the last stop). Not fun if your flight gets in late. There was no hot water. ("Oh yes,' said the receptionist when I checked out. 'You have to run it for 5-10 minutes. A lot of people complain.') The air conditioning could not be controlled from the room and came out of large nozzles in the ceiling. It was so cold that I ended up shoving toilet roll into the holes, but the paper kept being blown out, so it was a cold night, even in July. I shall not be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
SAAD I, Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry to learn with the inconvenience you have experienced. The hot water starts flowing with in 9 seconds, The rooms in the corners sometimes takes around 15 seconds but 5 to 10 minutes is unacceptable. The receptionist might have tried to say 9 seconds as it is the standard time. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I am sure, on your next visit to the hotel, you will leave with a smile.

Saad Iqbal

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my second stay here. My room was smaller than the one I had last time. This time the room allotted to me was called small room with window. My room was on the first floor. Be warned that this hotel does not have lifts. So if you are traveling with huge suitcases, be prepared to call it all the way to your room using the stairs if you have been allotted a room that is not on the ground floor. The room was small but served the purpose for me. The size of the room made it impossible to access to access the bed completely. You had to climb from one end and then move towards the pillow. The bathroom was neat and clean and the shower curtain did not stink like the last time. If you are single and traveling with one suitcase, you shouldn't have a problem with this hotel. Ask for a room with a window facing the airport. You can watch the planes land and take off. If you are traveling as a family or group, make sure you book a bigger room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kent, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It would be unreasonable to expect top quality from a clearly branded budget hotel but this was an awful experience. I expected a small room and knew it had no window. But I did not expect the room to be so very tiny that the only way to get in to bed was to crawl forward from the end. I have a replacement hip and it was not easy. The towel was thin and worn. The 2in gap between the bed and the wall revealed a pile of dust no Hoover wand could reach. The hotel, resembling a carpet warehouse, is positioned down a dark, narrow lane, last call on the Hoppa bus, so takes a long time from the airport. Take a taxi - much quicker and not much more expensive. Deals from nearby chains would be better value. Receptionist was polite, but it felt like a seedy doss house and I did not feel safe.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with easyHotel London Heathrow. I am sorry to learn you have not enjoyed your stay. As you have mentioned about the size of the room, I would like to say that we have bigger rooms and also we have rooms with special needs. The room you selected was the cheapest room and smallest in size. There are bigger rooms and there is not much difference in the price. The directions to the hotel, Charges for the bus & taxi, all are mentioned on the website. Next time when you intend to book room in our neighboring hotels, you will find the great difference in price. We are trying to improve our services day by day. I hope next time you visit us, you will leave with a smile on your face.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here before flying to norway for work. Could cope with the room but the bed thats different.
Pubic hairs all in bed definitely not mine.
Tried to sleep ontop of quilt but couldnt sleep bed so hard I am physically in pain this morning.i know it is budget but for 96.00 pound I did expect clean sheets and comfy bed

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with easyHotel London Heathrow. Having read your review, I`ve held a meeting with my area housekeeping manager and our team of room attendants. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I will make sure when you visit our hotel next time, You will be happy with the improvement.

Sheffield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Before I start there are other chain hotels nearby offering far more value for money for an extra £20 a night or so but if you're on a tight budget or everywhere's full then you can do worse than the easyhotel. Go there without too many expectations and you should be fairly satisfied. There's a decent Fullers run pub a short walk away (The White Hart) and the rooms are pretty clean.
I booked at the last minute and paid £75 for a double room, which in no way represented good value for money but if you manage to get a room for anything up to £40 I would say that's good going. Be warned parking is £8 a night extra, wifi costs a couple of quid for 4 hours, there's no complimentary tea and coffee making facilities but you do get towels and shampoo/ soap provided. Finally if you're claustrophobic don't bother, I was half expecting to receive a confined space training certificate upon the successful completion of my nights stay. For the same reason if you're looking for accommodation for more than 1 night, look elsewhere as 1 nights a novelty but any lengthier period would get pretty depressing I'd imagine!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SAAD I, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent review about your recent feedback. As per my understanding you are not happy with the size of the room and facilities. Next time you can book a standard room which is bigger in size and there will be a very slight difference in the price. If you book in advance it will be cheaper for you. Booking your room on the same day is always expensive in every hotel not just easyHotels. We look forward to see you soon.

Best Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Yes the rooms are small. Some are minuscule. But:
it's relatively cheap,
accessible by public transport,
staff are incredibly friendly and helpful,
has a communal kitchen where you can make drinks,
has vending machines and
local handy (inexpensive) food places nearby (pizza/Indian) whose owners are pleasant on the phone and deliver to your room door,
tv in the Room,
en suite (very very small, but it works!)
and rooms are spotlessly clean.
White Hart pub is a few hundred yards down the street for food/drink if you want to go out.

NB Order taxi from hotel to Heathrow for about half going rate. £7 at time of writing.

To get to the hotel, recommend taking public bus #140 at stand 19 in the central bus station at Heathrow terminal 3 - it is the easiest and cheapest route - 10 minutes.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and overall you are happy with the concept. I hope you always leave us with such wonderful reviews and we will try to give you better services than before every time you come back. We look forward to welcome you again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at Easy hotel London Heathrow several months ago. It was alright for one night, but I wouldn't want to spend any longer there. The room I had was little more than a shoebox, about 3m x 2m and no window. Not much turning space (If you're claustrophobic in anyway I don't recommend it at all) however, having said that, they have managed to cram in, somehow, not only the bed, but also a "capsule" bathroom with shower,wash hand basin and toilet. The bed itself was quite comfortable and flat screened TV with international channels conveniently on the wall at the end of the bed. There is virtually no where to put a suitcase accept on the floor. In summary, I would say, alright for one night if you're transiting and prepared to put up with cramped conditions. I paid about £57 for the room which was very expensive for what one got. I don't consider it good value for money at all. Would I stay here again? Frankly, if desperate, probably, yes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have 7 different kinds of rooms. The room size and room type is mentioned on our website with dimensions. When we sell our room for £57.00 our neighboring hotels sell their rooms in three figures i.e. over £150. This is a Super budget hotel, no frills. We do have people staying in our hotel for longer periods too but they have selected the bigger rooms. Next time you can choose a bigger room and I hope you will enjoy your stay.
We all look forward to welcome you again.
Saad Iqbal.

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!