“get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Isle of Wight
“get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed at the Easyhotel at Heathrow last Saturday night, as other hotels were booked due to my late decision to do so.
Staff were friendly .. no problem there, and helpful. The room is a lower end ship cruise cabin, in looks, feel and comfort ! If you or both are individually over 6ft or 13 stone, you will struggle in a few areas ! The 'bathrooms' are ex Easyjet toilets flown in, the clothes hangers are ex MFI rejects built in, and the space to move round the room itself is ex slave quarters design copied in.
I paid £3 extra for a room with a window, and signs told me I had to pay extra for a tv remote !!!. The view was worth every penny, well, maybe a penny. I was amazed I did not have to pay £1 each visit to the loo to be honest !
It was £43 for the night so yes, its cheap considering. As the title says you get what you pay for, maybe a bit less, but its a last hope resort for me I'm afraid, and should be for you too ...

Room Tip: The office behind Reception looked spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I am sorry and disappointed to read that you were not entirely happy with the size of your room. We aim to provide clean comfortable accommodation to guests travelling on a budget. Unlike most other easyHotels, we do not charge for the use of the TV but ask that the guests leave a REFUNDABLE £5 deposit for their remote control.

I am happy discuss any other concerns that you may have, please feel free to contact me (gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk).

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We really didn't enjoy staying here. Our plan came in late in the evening so stopped of over night .
The rooms are so basic and small you seriously couldn't swing a cat in them ( should you want to? ) there is no space for baggage the toilet honestly does look like those portaloo toilets you put 20p in to in a park plus you have to shower in it. I notice that on here the manager has said that you can get remotes and wife at the hotel but all the literature in the rooms and that your given when you arrive suggest that you need to pay for them? Very confusing? The only pluss for this place is its staff who our polite and friendly. But all in all it was a disappoint. We certainly would never recommend this chain of hotels or use them again. I would have wanted to pay more than £20 for what you get.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to read that you found the rooms small with nowhere to store your luggage. However all bed bases have built in storage units to store your luggage.

We are currently updating our in room information to ensure it is relevant and accurate which may have been the reason why no information was present. We do offer a free use of the TV although there is a REFUNDABLE deposit of £5 for the remote control. We now also offer 30 minutes of free WIFI to all guests daily after which vouchers can be purchased from reception starting from as little as £1.50 for 1 hour access, £3.50 for 4 hours access or £7 for 24 hours access.

I shall pass on your comments regarding polite and friendly staff to the team.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is a little difficult to find, situated on the edge of a housing estate. You get what you pay for, honestly it's a hotel where you can get rooms from £25 in London you can't expect a 5* spa hotel.
The rooms are small, you have enough room to walk in, lay down and walk to your bathroom which is also very small. Although the rooms are small (most without windows) there is enough space to be comfortable for short stays.

The only criticisms I had with the hotel is that I find it a little odd you had to pay £5 for the TV remote, considering the hotel is mainly used for travellers to and from the airport and I didn't want the hassle. Also when I was checking in it took far too long, without any apology from the member of staff. When I finally got the key he didn't tell me what room I was in he just placed the key card on the desk and asked for the money for the car park.

On the whole though it was clean, comfy and cheap, which was exactly what I didn't for a place to sleep before an early flight.

And FYI if you are flying and want somewhere to park your car for your time away purple parking is a secure car park which is a 5/10 min drive away from this hotel and offers a free shuttle bus to all terminals of Hethrow.

Room Tip: Standard rooms do not have windows, if you want natural light you have to pay a bit more.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you found your stay excellent value for money.

We do charge a £5 refundable deposit for the TV remote control as this helps to prevent the remote controls from accidentally being taken by the guests. - We are the only the only easyHotel (along with easyHotel Luton) that does not charge guests for watching the TV.

I would also like to apologize for the delay whilst checking in as we do aim to check guests in within a few minutes of arriving at the front desk.

With regards to the car parking. We do provide secure parking on site and charge only £6 per night. Our nearest competitor charges £12 per night.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Some friends and I stayed here whilst travelling to Southern Italy. We arrived in Heathrow around dinner time, but needed to be back there early to catch our flight at 6:45am. The staff were pleasant and helpful and on our arrival arranged a taxi to take us to the airport the next morning, which was a big help.
The room was comfortable enough. My only issue was that the window could not be opened. Having said this, the room was air conditioned and I appreciate that opening windows may jeopardise security.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you found the hotel good value for money and suited your needs as you had a quick stop over at Heathrow - the easyHotel Heathrow is ideally suited for this.

We also provide a discounted taxi service to and from the airport for our guests as prices in the area can be very expensive.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is quite a distance from the airport and not easy to find. The rooms are the size of a double bed! Ask for a room with a window to avoid claustrophobia! Everything was clean and the staff were helpful. The hotel will organise a taxi to some of the Terminals for £7 which is a lot less than the £15 we were quoted trying to get back to the hotel. In fact, getting back turned out to be a real problem - the H8 hoppa bus took a very long time to arrive. We then phoned the hotel and they gave us the number for the taxi service they use. We phoned them and then waited ages for the taxi to arrive. So if you still want to book this hotel, make sure you make arrangements beforehand about getting back after your trip. I would rather pay a bit more for another hotel in future.

Room Tip: Ask for room with window.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased you found the hotel good value for money as we do aim to provide clean comfortable accommodation to our guests.

Taxi prices can be very expensive so be sure to call the hotel (0208 897 9237) to book our discounted service.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

It was OK, I just needed a stop off hotel for a few hours and this did the job. It was easy to access via public transport and is close to the airport. For what you pay you would maybe expect a little bit more as the room is literally a cabin. There was no reception in the room I stayed in and not having a window in such a small space isn't great. As a solo traveller it was OK, would not recommend it for more than one person the space is really small.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We do have rooms with and without windows (without window rooms are especially good if you need to get some sleep during the day). We also have small and standard rooms (standard rooms are bigger with more floor space).

We do also offer guests 30 minutes free WIFI per day and free TV - we hope this adds a little value to your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel again in the near future,

Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

For the cost this is amazing value good humoured staff all in all a basic hotel no frills. But does the job as near to the pod hotels I have heard about in Japan !
Pluses

Free tv

Clean

Good air con

Good shower and wash room

Cons

No windows

A bit small easy jet orange a bit in your face ! ,!

Ok but not a holiday hotel well done to the site team they keep it tidy and are fun and helpful !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel excellent value for money.

I will pass on you r positive comments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel in the near future.

Arfat

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!