“Get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Dunno why people slate this hotel for £34 we got exactly what we expected, a double bed no window an on suite bathroom one pillow and a small room.

We did get a tv which you could change channels on the side of the tv or a remote for a £5 deposit, shower gel and soap which you don't get in a travelodge. If you want the ritz then I suggest you will want to pay more than £34. There is a bus to the airport for £4.50 or a taxi for £7 so for us the taxi was the cheaper option. The vending machines where reasonable prices except the crisps for some reason double normal prices everything else was about the same as local shops at home.

Only thing to make this a perfect hotel would be some more pillows.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ArfatQayyumGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I'm pleased to read that you found the hotel excellent value for money.

I have also noted your comments regarding pillows and am pleased to say we have ordered additional pillows to replace the current ones with.

Once again i thank you for your constructive feedback and look froward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
South Shields, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Booked this room for our son for one night before his trip to Camp America he said room was basic,clean with a comfy bed. The air con made it a bit cold. He was assisted by the reception lad who booked him an early taxi which was only 9 pound which was great as the taxi to the hotel was 22 pound the lad on the desk said the black cabs charge what they like and advised when staying at hotel again to ring ahead and they will send a taxi. Would defo use this basic clean and very helpful hotel in the future. Thankyou to the desk staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased that the hotel met all of your sons needs prior to his trip to the states.

As you correctly mentioned, the hotel staff are able to book discounted taxis to and from the airport and would recommend that you contact the hotel front desk to arrange your travel.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the near future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a nightmare!!! The location is great, near the airport and all, and the rooms were fair enough considering the price, but my goodness, I just wanted a clean place to sleep after a long day!! When we got to out room, I went to the bathroom and there was URINE in the bowl!! Not only that, there was hair all over the shower and furthermore, on the blankets, under the blankets, it was so nasty! We complained and requested another room, and the poor man at the reception looked honestly embarrassed, so he took us to another room. Upon entering, first thing we saw was a shower towel tossed open over the bed, like when it's tossed after a shower, while on the other bed they were folded nearly. We called the guy at the reception again and he was mortified, so he offered us a third room, and after the first quick inspection we just took it. Imagine how desperate I became when I pulled the blankets and found at least a dozen hairs, dirt and stains under it!! I ended up sleeping on top of my sarong and covered myself with a towel....oh yeah, on the third room, the tv wouldn't work. NEVER staying with this chain anymore, EVER!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with hairs on the bed linen.

This was actually a problem caused by our linen supplier which has been rectified now but do apologize for your recent experience.

I do hope that you give us a chance to show that the issues you found have all been corrected and stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

For £38 for a one night stay before flying out of Heathrow, this is EXACTLY what I needed.

I found the hotel easily enough from Euston and upon arrival I was checked in quickly and directed to my door. I was in room G30, which is a tidy little twin room, both beds were beautifully made with a small hand towel and a larger towel for each bed.

The TV is available, however if you want a remote instead of manually working it, it is £5 refundable deposit. TV is tuned into all available stations and works well.

I enquired about the shuttle bus to Heathrow and the desk manager very efficiently told me that I had to book in the time I wanted to leave, and that it was £4.50. By far this is the cheapest most hassle free way to get to the airport, where my terminal (5) was accessible by free train.

There aren't any kettle facilities in the room, but there is a small communal kitchenette area outside, where there are also lounge chairs provided. Opposite this there is a gym (however I
didn't use it).

Overall, the room is basic, clean (apart from a few stray pubes from the last occupant!) and has facilities to charge electronics. Beds are comfy and despite being on the Heathrow flight path, you don't really notice the planes.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased you found the hotel comfortable and to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently for 5 nights and too be honest wasn't expecting much. I booked a windowless room as it was the only one available and it was clean and served it's purpose. The only downside being the lack of hanging space/no wardrobe.

There are vending machines available and an outside seating area with kettle and microwave which is a bonus. There is also a gym.

The bus stop is close by and the buses go to feltham, hatton cross, hayes/harlington and Heathrow. There is a lovely pub at thr end of the road and a chip shop, coop and chemist in walking distance.

I would recommend this hotel to others and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be excellent value for money.

We have added more value to guests stays by now offering 30 minutes complimentary WIFI per day to our guests!!!

I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good points:
Super fast book in process, which was great.
The room was spotless with a good TV.
Comfy bed was wedged between two walls, which was quite cosy in fact!
Felt safe in the room, that clearly had working smoke alarms, which is more than can be said of many other hotels in this price range.

Not so good (but not too bad) points:
I stayed in a room with no window, and it was a fairly warm day in May. I felt the room was a bit stuffy and couldn't find an AC/Temp control. So next time I would have a room with a window.
Shower curtain attacked me!

Overall, great value, clean and safe. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a window.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and would definitely stay again.

With regards to the room temperature, all rooms have a heating/ cooling facility which can be controlled from reception.

I look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

So I stayed in an Easy Hotel last night. It was like being in a prison cell. On a submarine. They have a TV but you have to "purchase" a remote from the warden. Oh, and an overhead light you can't turn off. And when in desperation you pull the key card out of the slot to turn off the light, you'll find your phone hasn't charged enough to trigger the alarm you carefully set the night before. And it costs £6 to park your car outside. I paid £46 in total, next time I'll spend another £15 and stay in the magnificent opulence of a travelodge. Or sleep under my car.

Overall, I'd say it's the perfect place if you're an agoraphobic insomniac who's afraid of the dark.

Room Tip: ask for one with a window so you can gaze at the outside world from your plastic tomb
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to read that your stay was not entirely to your liking.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay.

My email is gm@easyhoteloffers.co.uk

Arfat

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!