“Not the worst of them...” 3 of 5 stars

easyHotel London Heathrow
Brickfield Lane | Harlington, Hounslow UB3 5DX, England   |
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Hounslow
London, United Kingdom
“Not the worst of them...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As cheap budget hotel's go, this is not the worst of them. I'v stayed in worst places and paid a lot more. It was clean and safe, Really would not recommend it for longer than one night (unless you plan to spend very little time in the room). The shower did flood the rest of the bathroom and into the room which was annoying. Paying extra for a Window is strange, but was probably worth the money, the room would of been very claustrophobic without. Staff were very friendly. I didn't venture for the 'Breakfast in a box' tho!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay & found the hotel excellent value for money.

We have also repaired the issue with the flooding bathroom.

We have found that many guests are taking advantage of our takeaway breakfast box as it is good value for money. We have also recently introduced a takeaway dinner both of which can be purchased from the hotel reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Arfat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

First things first.... This is not about the Easy Hotel experience, generally speaking if you're on a budget and need somewhere to crash for a night - then I think they're great. I've stayed in central London before (at Victoria & Earls Court) and it's always "does what it says on the tin" (an English euphemism - basically meaning it is what it says it is).

However this is the first time I have stayed in a "Heathrow-local" hotel and I'm so pi**ed off I thought I'd tell you my tale........ One of the things to always check before booking a hotel near Heathrow, is how to actually travel to the destination. Do they provide a shuttle bus for example? Is it a short walk? Now the Easy Hotel in Harlington explains on it's website (& boldly at the top of it's street sign) that it provides a Shuttle Bus. Reading the small print it says its a reduced-cost taxi at the expense of £4.50. Reading the smaller print it then mentions you have to pay an additional £2.80 for "parking charges". Anyway, on reflection I elected to book my room and rang in advance to ensure I would have a taxi waiting for me on arrival. The lady I spoke to on reception was very pleasant and conveyed that I would actually have to call again once I had landed - to book the cab. I stressed that I had some large luggage and would need an estate car or people carrier. I was told that the taxi company Easy Hotel used mainly had these sort of vehicles and there would be absolutely no problem with this. I arrived at Heathrow at 9.45pm, promptly called the Hotel and requested my cab. About 10 minutes later I received a call back from a male receptionist telling me that there was only small cabs available so I was stuck. However as I started to complain he rudely interrupted me (raising his voice) saying it was "no problem" and I could catch a Hoppa Bus! Due to the amount of luggage I had I told him that wasn't an option - to which he just repeated "catch the bus" ad infinitum. When I enquired as to where I could catch the bus, he opined "ask somebody". So there I am stranded at Heathrow with considerable luggage, no taxi as promised, no information apart from "ask somebody" - my patience beginning to wear thin. However, I located and consulted the bus timetable, found the requisite bus stop and waited 10 minutes for a bus. On arrival, the bus driver looked at me (and my luggage) and with great 'jobs-worth' integrity said "ooh it's gonna take yer the best part of an hour to get there mate", after I enquired about stopping at the Easy Hotel. At this, I then decided to bite the bullet and try for a Black Cab instead. For those of you who are thinking I should have done that in the first place, let me first explain a little bit about Black Cab protocol at Heathrow Airport. Generally speaking it takes 2.5 hours for a cab to queue up to collect a passenger from Heathrow airport!!! The only reason cabbies do this is because (with any luck) they get somebody (on business expenses) asking to go to Portsmouth or a similar destination. A big-buck, easy journey after which most cabbies can go home for the night. Even central London is a money-spinner and worth the wait. However the absolute short straw is if a cabbie has queued for the best part of 3 hours and ends up with somebody like me - going on a local journey! Now by law, they are meant to take the next passenger - however FOUR cabs refused me, saying my luggage was too big to fit in. That was AFTER they found out my destination of course! Eventually I found a driver who took pity on me and I ended up paying almost £30 for the privilege. So finally I arrive at the Easy Hotel , well over an hour after clearing customs and I enter Reception......... The female receptionist beams me a smile and asks my name, I reply and am immediately interrupted by the male receptionist - who's voice I recognise from the phone conversation. He starts to inanely blabber about something and I stopped him with a "Ah you're the very rude person I spoke to on the telephone, I've just had to pay £30 to get here" With this he then starts laughing and tells me how funny it is that the taxi company have made two mistakes that evening and there was a lady who also suffered from a cancelled cab (or whatever). Now for those reading this, let me assure you I rarely get angry, rarely does red mist descend but....... this guy was just laughing out loud - the worst thing being he thought it was genuinely funny and didn't possess the sense or decorum to see I was upset, just wanted to get to bed and prepare for a very important meeting. I reposted with "& the punchline is.....?" stopping him in his tracks by the menacing tone of my voice. I then told the female receptionist that I would only deal with her and that I was not going to become difficult - but that I was very upset and was going to complain. So what's the outcome going to be......? I guess I'll complain officially to Easy Hotel and ask for a taxi refund or a voucher - certainly an apology. However I really wouldn't want anybody else to suffer this ordeal - so double/triple check the "Shuttle Bus"in advance if you want to stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the easyHotel Heathrow.

I sorry that you had an unpleasant experience on your way to the hotel so I would just like to clear a few points regarding airport transfers.

For guests that are at the airport & would like to travel to the hotel, they have 2 options. Firstly, they can call the hotel who will book a taxi to collect them from the car park within the terminals & drop them at the hotel. The cost for this is £4.50 per person & there is also charge of £2.80 PER TAXI as the taxi driver needs to pay this to enter/ exit the car park. The second option is for guests to catch the Hoppa bus. The Hoppa bus (H8) also costs £4.50 & runs from terminals 1 (stop 4) & terminal 3 (stop 11 or 13).

For guests at the hotel wishing to travel to the airport, the cost for the taxi shuttle is £4.50 per person direct to the terminal or the Hoppa bus also at a cost of £4.50. Both need to be booked in advance.

I hope this clear up any misunderstanding regarding the services we provide.

With regards to the less than sympathetic male member of staff, I will speak to him as it is not acceptable to find a guests misfortunes funny.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the future.

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visited the place during the Olympics. The room was disgusting with dirty, bloody towels underneath the bed. The ventilation was very poor and hot water was scarce. Right after check-in, I immediately demanded a refund and checkout. The front desk promised no worries they do so but until this time the general manager, Mr. Quayyum is not responding to their promises. A number of drunks were allowed to consumed their alcohol within their parking lot. Not a good place for families or for your security too!

Room Tip: Make sure honest people you know have been to the place before and not the staff of the hotels givin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear guest,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at the hotel.

Unfortunately, we are unable to give refunds due to not liking you room as it didn't have a window.

Room descriptions are clearly stated on all websites hence you were aware that your room did not have a window.

Whilst the majority of our guests have a pleasant stay at the hotel, your comments will be looked into to ensure we give the best possible service to our guests.

On a final note, trying to 'blackmail' the GM into giving you a refund will not work - hence your negative review!!!

rio de janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had to leave my central London hotel at 12 and would fly the next morning at 6:00. What to do with my lugagge? So I checked in Easy hotel, left my lugagge and went back to London for the rest of the day. Back at easy hotel at 22:30, took a shower and slept very well till 4:00. A cab provided by the hotel took me to Heathrow for 4, 50 pounds. Is was a perfec arrangement for around 30 pounds.
The room is really tiny, but it was clean . Bathroom is tiny too, but for the few hours I stayed it was really ok. Reception was friendly and efficient. In the same situation would definetely stay again.
The hotel is served by the Hoppa bus number 8 that leaves from heathrow and takes you to the hotel door (8 pounds return).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay & convenience of the location of the hotel to Heathrow Airport.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Wigan,England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

As the other reviews state, the room is very basic and as we only needed somewhere to crash for 12 hours it was fine. The only thing that I will say is a negative is that the bed is uncomfortable and as there is only one wafer thin pillow I hardly slept at all - not good when faced with a long day ahead travelling. The pub at the end of the lane serves very good pub food and provides good service so I recommend a visit there if you choose to stay at the EasyHotel. Some rooms don't have a window, we did have one. In my opinion it wasn't worth the extra money as we didn't spend much time in the room and the time we were there is was dark anyway. The hotel is down the end of a quiet lane with not much surrounding noise as it backs onto fields but some of the other guests weren't very considerate regarding making noise when coming and going during the night and early morning.

Room Tip: Windows are over-rated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear guest,

I'm sorry to hear that you found the bed uncomfortable which is a surprise as we have invested in high quality mattresses (HYPNOS).

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel to be quite with no disruption caused by traffic noise.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Don't expect much from a cheap room. It's basic - very basic. You pay extra for parking, for the TV. It's a small room but its clean and has the things you need. It's ideal if your crashing over for a night or two and don't want to spend much. The rooms themselves are newish, clean, tidy and provide the essentials.

• Stayed October 2012
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear guest,

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel & found it value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as we had an early flight the next day. We payed for two weeks parking on top of the room and it was the cheapest I could find. This room is very basic but i wasn't expecting anything else for the price we paid and it was clean. It is fine for an overnight stay but wouldn't stay longer. They organised a taxi for us in the morning for the same price as the hopper bus price and arranged for one to pick us up from airport when we got back from holiday.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HaninderSachdevaGM, General Manager at easyHotel London Heathrow, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear guest,

We are pleased that you found the hotel suitable for your needs & took advantage of the very competitive Park&Fly offers we have. As you also mentioned we can book a taxi for you to the airport for the same price as the Hoppa Bus!!! this in itself is excellent value.

We look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.

Arfat

Been to easyHotel London Heathrow? Share your experiences!