“My temporary home :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Hounslow
London, United Kingdom
“My temporary home :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am only staying here during the week at the moment, so the hotel might be different during weekends. The staff is very friendly, even when they are very busy. I always come back to a fresh, clean room. The breakfast is totally decent, although maybe a bit expensive. You can hear a few planes in the evening, but nothing major.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hounslow. I am happy you overall enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Drunken guests running around corridors until early hours. Arrived 10pm after long journey. Couldn't get into room for half hour, no logical reason for this from the receptionist. Had to wait in lobby. Wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Good afternoon
Thank you for the comment. You have forwarded complaint to the customer service representative and they are looking into it.
I would like to mention it was a busy night for the hotel because of the rugby event in Twickenham. Staff was trying their best to make sure everything is in order. I would like to apologies for all inconvenience it may cause you during stay at Ibis Budget London Hounslow.
redditch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed in hotel as close to Twickenham stadium ,as went to watch the rugby .
1.9 miles away by taxi .
Basic but very clean everything you need ,shower ,bed ,tv.
Was noisy at night though if you keep the window open .
car park opposite if you cant get on hotel car park £9.00 for 12 hours /24 hours .
Tesco express next door .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I read some reviews and I was hesitant to book a room, but I decided to give it a go. I wish I read most of the reviews. It feels like a backpacker place but with four times the cost. Rooms are very tiny, toilet and shower are so small I had to leave the door open. Staff were not friendly at all. I checked in and key to my room did not work, went back to reception and they gave me another key and yet did not work as well. I went back to reception and the staff asked whether I was inserting it in the right way!! Then they changed the room. Key did not work as well, the replaced the key and finally it worked (fourth time, wow). Room was very cold, the AC switch was broken. I could not be bothered to tell the staff after what I experienced with the room key. The breakfast was a joke just toast, serials and butter, had to wait for croissant to come out and all disappeared quickly. You have to pay 2 pounds for a small cup of coffee (it costs you 2.15 pounds for decent coffee at Starbucks down the road).
Next day, the room key did not again, staff made excuses that the key looses its info if you keep it next to any thing (where should it be kept?!). The worst thing is that you pay average of 50 Pounds per night and they ask you to pay 2 Pounds per bag to store it for few hours. What a way to make more money. In all hotels I have stayed at, they store your bags for free.
Avoid if you can. Never again to stay at this hotel and may even reconsider Ibis hotels all together.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Budget Hounslow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. Once again I would like to apologise for all inconvenience it way cause you during your stay at Ibis Budget Hounslow. We are taking the corrective actions to make sure anything like this will not get repeated. We have decided on the new breakfast products to make sure proper quality and variety is available for our guest. Aircon control unit is replaced in room as well. Hope to see you again at Ibis Budget Hounslow for the better experience.

Kind Regards
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Rooms very clean but it is a bit odd having a separate shower and toilet. The toilet is very small and the shower has only a frosted glass door. Also you need to take your own tea/ coffee and kettle as there as they are not provided in the rooms.
We have stayed there twice and would stay again as it is less than a 10 minute walk to the tube station, there is a Tesco express next door and Thorpe Park is about 30 minutes drive away.
Julie
Wolverhampton

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had earlier stayed at the Etap in Switzerland so there were no surprises. The rooms were small but very clean. A big plus for me with this hotel is that they have storage rooms that one can store bags in for as long as you wish! For this I would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I used to enjoy my stay here. its closeness to the shops and easy exit to the airport are great advantages. Not a very interesting place to stay anymore. e.g . I was asked to pay GBP2 for each bag I kept for a few hours after check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, May 8, 2013

Kind Regards,
Chander Kaushik

Been to Ibis Budget London Hounslow? Share your experiences!