“Responsive management” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget London Hounslow

You added Ibis Budget London Hounslow to your Saves list
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20-28 Staines Road | For Car Park Entrance Please Use 65 Grove Road TW33PU, Hounslow TW3 3JS, England (Formerly Etap Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tyler, Texas, USA
“Responsive management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

After receiving my review the manager wrote me they have decided to provide free wireless internet - that shows they listen to their customers! Overall I was very impressed with the helpfulness of the staff and the good condition of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chander Kaushik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Leamington Spa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

But for one factor I would have given this hotel a rating of 4. It is typical of the Etap / Ibis Budget brand: basic but very reasonable for the price; great shower and good bed; spotlessly clean; great staff; efficient check in and out. It has a small car park which only costs £3 per entry (but was very full even by 4pm). Overall very good. It is however directly under the flight path for aircraft landing at London Heathrow airport, which means a plane going over the hotel about once per minute. The flights slow down or stop at about 11pm and get going again about 6am, so the night is too not disturbed but during daytime hours the noise is considerable. The windows are double glazed and keep most of it out, but open your window and you will know about it! If this does not bother you, Ibis Budget Hounslow is highly recommended - if noise is a problem for you, I would think twice.

Room Tip: The lifts make a "ping" sound every time they stop and open the doors - I noticed some roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hounslow. I am happy you overall enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment are really motivational and will encourage us to perform better We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Bad points...the rooms are basic with no tea and coffee facilities, very little car parking. Um that's about it!
Good points...it has lots in my opinion, I was in london for buisness and it suited my needs perfectly, cheap, quick access to LHR and the city. The staff were very very good, they were better than some high end hotels I have stayed in. Car parking was an issue especially as I drive a prestige car, I thought it was going to have to stay outside, but this is where staff excell expectations. The gentleman on reception said don't worry I will move my car so yours can be under CCTV. He didn't have to do that and I appreciate it.
Rooms are good, basic yes but they are clean, serviced daily and have everything there. I thought the lighting was brilliant, so many different combinations!!
Anyway, I would recommend if your looking for a budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was a pretty nice hotel with very nice staff. The service was good and the staff was very helpful. They allowed me to park in one of their staff members place as i was travelling with my baby. The rooms are clean, though a bit small but you cannot moan for the price they charge they are awesome. i loved the bunk bed. Lighting in the room was good. The beds were pleasantly comfortable and really good. overall i loved to stay here again if i am visiting that side again....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, April 26, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff are nice and friendly, the room is clean.
It can be better if there are more deck spaces or hooks to hang our jackets and coats.
The only unpleasant surprise is the cost of internet, 20 min/pound.
I will be happy to pay 1 pound/day for wi-fi in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Just for your information we are in process to install the free Wi-Fi in the hotel, it should get finish next month. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Being an Ibis I expected a little more, this is like stopping in a youth hostel albeit an upmarket one. As a frequent business traveller I normally use another competitor’s accommodation. In this case I wish I had. The rooms are very tidy and had been freshly decorated so that was very nice to see. The beds were very uncomfortable I didn't get the room type I booked and had to go back to reception that only had a double disabled room to offer. In the morning I couldn’t use the cafeteria type breakfast arrangements as it was overrun with 40 to 50 French teenagers. There is only 1 pillow that’s not worth having, no tea or coffee facilities and only 1 towel. The lighting in the room and the lack of warmth make's this feel like a stop in the Big Brother House. Could do much better in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Budget Hounslow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. Once again I would like to apologise for all inconvenience it way cause you during your stay at Ibis Budget Hounslow.

Kind Regards,

London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had the misfortune of staying here for a night out .....dont bother. there are plenty of better hotels to choose from along the heathrow A4 strip that are far superior and not a lot different in price. small room is not an adequate description... like a multi coloured prison cell ..... dont waste your money

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Kind Regards,

Chander Kaushik

Been to Ibis Budget London Hounslow? Share your experiences!