“Good location for rugby at Twickenham.” 4 of 5 stars

20-28 Staines Road, Hounslow TW3 3JS, England (Formerly Etap Hotel)   |
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Studley, United Kingdom
“Good location for rugby at Twickenham.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The IBIS is cheap and cheerful but I was only after a bed for the night and I probably spent less than 10 hours at the hotel. It is well within walking distance of Twickenham which was the reason for my stay. It was spotlessy clean and the reception staff were friendly and welcoming and very friendly when I arrived back a bit worse for wear without my room.............thanks for being so toloerant with me.

I'll be staying here again as its a great base for rugby at Twickenham but don't expect any frills!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hounslow. I am happy you overall enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment are really motivational and will encourage us to perform better We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Chander Kaushik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I used the Ibis Budget Hounslow Hotel for an overnight stay as I had an early start at work the following morning.

I found the hotel to be adequate. The room was small as you would expect but spotlessly clean. The desk staff were friendly and helpful and the location suited my needs.

I wouldn't like to spend a week in a budget hotel but for a night or two on a business trip it is fine. I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Sao Paulo, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The hotel is good, but has two bad things: don't have wi-fi connection inside the room (and the internet in the lobby costs 2 pounds per hour). Is near from a metro station (Houslown Central), but this station is in zone 4 and it takes at least 1 hour to go to the center of London.

O hotel é bom, mas tem dois pontos negativos: não tem wi-fi nos quartos (e a internet no lobby custa 2 pounds por hora). Fica próximo à estação Howslon Central de metrô, mas esta estação fica na zona 4 e demora, pelo menos, 1 hora para chegar ao centro da cidade.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hounslow. I am happy to inform you that we are under the process to provide free wireless intenet connection in our hotel and it should be finish by June 2013. Your comment are really motivational and will encourage us to perform better We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for 4 years for a holiday to London at this time of year, as all me and my family needs is a room for the evening/night. The last year we stayed though was a cold one for 2 days, asked at reception, changed rooms but had the same problem.
The hotel staff are pretty good in the evening, the first two times I went were excellent, last times they were average and slow, and not so helpful. Especially with my little one.
Hopefully this year will be better!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest
I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Budget Hounslow. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and would appreciate if you contact me so we can discuss this matter in more detail and I can investigate further. Once again I would like to apologise for all inconvenience it way cause you during your stay at Ibis Budget Hounslow.

Kind Regards,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night all you could here was people romping all night couldn't get no sleep the rooms smelt of damp. The staff are very rude. And finally the heating works for 15 mins then automatically goes of for 30 and within that time you will get cold air coming out the vents. Not a place for young children or families.

• Stayed December 2012
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

Kind Regards,

Chander Kaushik

Been to Ibis Budget London Hounslow? Share your experiences!