“Convenient & Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget London Hounslow

You added Ibis Budget London Hounslow to your Saves list
Ibis Budget London Hounslow
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20-28 Staines Road | For Car Park Entrance Please Use 65 Grove Road TW33PU, Hounslow TW3 3JS, England (Formerly Etap Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15% OFF
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
GreenLeadersSilver level
Derby, United Kingdom
“Convenient & Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice clean hotel in a very accessible location. Room well appointed and clean. Facilities available were good and breakfast excellent value.

My only downer was no Tea or Coffee in room - understand why .....but...........

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Budget Hounslow.
I am happy you overall enjoy your stay with us.

Chander Kaushik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have used this hotel many times, both as an overnight stay to use before flying from LHR, or a three night stay to visit the capital. For an overnight stay, it is perfect price, a few stops away on the tube from LHR, and a ten minute walk from Hounslow Central. The town has all the facilities you need, pubs, restaurants, shops, a large Asda, and right beneath the hotel a Tesco Express.
For a three day stay, it is just about bearable as a 45 minute commute into central London lies ahead if you.
As everyone has said, it's a no frills hotel where the main attraction is the price. You do have to take it in turns to manoeuvre around as the room is tiny. However, the sleep quality is great considering the location. If you want built in wardrobes, art on the walls, fluffy slippers & robes, then you've probably booked the wrong room!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest

I am happy you overall enjoyed your stay with us. Your comment are really motivational and will encourage us to perform better

Uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I called the hotel prior to booking and confirming if there is air condition available. The lady (?polish ?portuguese) told me YES there is. When we arrive in our room, it is only the heater which is working and i was told that air condition is not allowed at the moment as the temperature outside is less than 15 degress. This is completely unacceptable. Regardless of the temperature outside the hotel there is a huge difference between the coolness of an aircondition and a below 15 degrees weather! The fact that this hotel is near the airport where planes pass by every 15 minutes means the more that the aircondition should have been turned on to lessen the noise of the planes! We did not even manage to sleep not until 5am because of the severe stress that this cause us. Because of this nightmare, we left the hotel as early as 7AM that morning. To publish in their website that one of your amenities is aircondition and disallow this due to the weather is so bad and is clear indication of bad advertising. Never will i stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest
I apologise that your stay was not quite as pleasant. I will be looking into the issue related to Air Con and will try my best to find out what exactly happened. At the same time I would like to mention that we have the Air cooling unit in our rooms and they are functional throughout the year.

I hope that you will give us the one more opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a hassle-free experience. Once again please accept my sincere apology on this matter

Kind Regards,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

It is a basic budget hotel, you will get very little things inside the room. A cot , a table , one wash room , one television : thats all. They do not even provide a phone to call reception , there is no internet connection inside your room (one can use the internet from hotel reception after paying 3 pounds for 2 hours). Breakfast is not included within the room rent. I do not know even at zone 5 places like hounslow why these people charge around 45 pounds per day. From my point of view it is an overpriced hotel.

It is clean and tidy, room service is good , they provide a room service on a daily basis. But still I can say it is overpriced. There is no restaurent in this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are not getting any other option then you can go for ibis. In 45 pounds per day you will find...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with my fiance for a visit to the capital on a budget combined with a friends christening. It was great value for money, bout 5 min walk to underground station, Tesco local literally next door and small but functional car park costing £3 a night. Check in was easy, staff very helpful when required. Don't get me wrong, rooms small and very basic but clean and perfectly functional. We would stay again for a cheap stay for a visit to the capital.

• Stayed November 2012
Ibisbudgethounslow, General Manager at Ibis Budget London Hounslow, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am happy you overall enjoy your stay with us. Your comment are really motivational and will encourage us to perform better

Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose this hotel mainly because it was within commuting distance of where I was working.

On checking in, I was shocked to discover that the walk-up rate was actually cheaper than the online rate I had paid, by £4 for the first night and £6 for the second night. This is contrary to the signage in the hotel which says "for guaranteed best rates book online". There was also some confusion over whether I had booked or not, which is what led me to discover the lower price. I was also shocked to discover that payment was taken on checking in, rather than check-out as you would expect.

The room did the job for me. The bed was very comfortable, although the lack of a kettle was disappointing. Also, there was only one plug socket in the entire room.

My main issue was the location of the hotel. It is directly under the approach to one of Heathrow Airport's runways. The planes are low enough that you can actually read everything written on the side of them. The nightime runways are rotated every two weeks, so do check before booking! Although I stayed when the other runway was in use, they both come into use at 6am, so that is your alarm clock. No choice over the matter!

There was a Tesco Express underneath the hotel and also a Wetherspoons pub which serves very reasonably priced food and drink just 5 minutes walk away. The tube station (Hounslow Central) is about 10 minutes walk and the mainline station (how I arrived) is about 15 minutes walk.

Overall, a nice hotel for the price, however the aircraft noise would stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I apologise that your stay was not quite as pleasant. I will be looking into the issue related to rates and try my best to find out what exactly happened. At the same time I would like to mention that website rates are almost every time cheaper then the desk rate.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a hassle-free experience.

Kind Regards,

Como, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have spent a few days here with my wife to visit London. My flight was originally a late night one, but due to delays it became almost an early morning one! Nonetheless the Hotel was open for reception and the check in was swift.
The room is rather small, with no proper bathroom. Only the toilet was separated from the beds... The sing is next to the bed and the shower is accessed directly in the room. There is no room for a proper desk but i found these to be minor details. When travelling to visit the city, all you need the room for is sleeping and washing. And the main is to have a clean and comfortable room, and this was accomplished.
The Hotel offers a service to hold your luggage after check-out until your departure time.

Reaching the center of London is no trouble at all from here, a few steps away you can catch a bus, or with a 5 minutes walk it is possible to take the Piccadilly line underground.

Should i again wish to stay in a cheaper Hotel i would surely go back to this one, easy to go and come from (especially from Heathrow - 3 tube stops away) even for those, like me, who landed in Stansted.

Only minus in my opinion is breakfast, which you must pay extra for, and what you get is fresh, but little. There are croissants, bread, jam and butter. Coffee etc is made from an automatic machine... I would probably not pay for breakfast, as near the hotel it is possible to have real english breakfast for a little over £ 3.

One more thing about location, should you have a longer stay, Hounslow in itself has everything you need - from a Tesco market right under the Hotel open 24/7, to banks, poundland and anything else you need.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road are the best ones.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Chander Kaushik

Been to Ibis Budget London Hounslow? Share your experiences!